Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default They sit and talk: Remake characters and the originals

I can't find the original thread, so I'm reposting this. (Ironic, or just fitting?)

Remake characters and their original counterparts enter a bar (or a Starbucks, whatever) and have a chat.

I think Larry Talbot's reaction to his Lon Chaney self will be, "Why are you gray?"

And I keep imagining the cast of the new A Nightmare on Elm Street will be making generation-gap jokes with their '80s selves. ("How do you get on the Internet on this thing?" "What's an Internet?")
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

OG Kuuga: Why do you suck?

OG Agito, Gills, G3-X: YOU ARE AWESOME.

OG Ryuuki: I don't like you.

OG Faiz: You are awesome.

OG Blade: WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR WORLD?

OG Hibiki: Good Assumu Good.

OG Kabuto: Um Guys...

New Kabutos: You are a douche in the highest order.

OG Kiva and Decade versions: *Looking at each others stories and drawing a blank*

OG Amazon: More Snarl.
    What Wolverine should be doing with out his SMvsFL...

Holder of the Spark of Awesomeness
    I don't bite
    From the Blog of Hiro (Heroes)
    I'm at full HP and MP, and have all my elixirs. It's time to take down the last boss.

I saw the future that I must prevent and I will prevent it.

Who am I?

I'm Hiro Nakamura. I'm going to save the world.I made Kenshiro (FoTNS) Laugh

Senior Member Alexander the immortal's Avatar

Batmans prior to Batman and Robin talking with the characters Batman and Robin.

Other Batman :-" So after being rejected by women and not being able to maintain a relationship due to the technicalities of your job you decided to train a boy partner and become gay ?"

Clooney Batman -" No it's not that way at all ! "

Other Batman : " Explain the Bat nipples"

" And the Neon Lights of the street"

"And the Bat mastercard.

" What happened to you ?"

The Crazies

2010 David: "Oh, my God...you lived through this zombie movie from hell, too?"

1973 David: "Sort of...did you mention zombie movies?"

2010 David: "You know, like Night of the Living Dead?"

1973 David: "Oh, my God! I caught that one at the Bijou once! Only I think they were called 'ghouls'...I heard George Romero was making another, did it come out yet?"

2010 David: "Oh, you have no idea...if we could get out of this quarantine camp, I'd take you out for some drinks."

(Oh, yeah...forgot they were already at a bar. My bad. )

Meanwhile, the two sets of scientists and soldiers are comparing notes, and the two sets of Crazies just stand there screaming at each other.
    Last edited by Radical; 02-27-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

Brotherhood Ed: Envy's our WHAT?! That's almost as fucked up as Father being our biological uncle/brother. And I'm gonna have words with that old bastard about that Dante chick.

Anime Edward: Tell me about it. And I never knew that the Gate of Truth was capable of being such a dick. Well, at least I managed to change Al back to normal. How're doing on that angle?

B.Ed: Well, he managed to return to the Gate, but he decided to leave it there for the time being since it was so emaciated and fragile. Of course, Father took that time to transmute everyone on the planet into a philosopher stones and used Al's body as a medium. He's essentially our version of Satan now.

Anime Ed: ....Okay, that's screwed up.

B.Ed: I know...

The characters from all versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers compare pods.

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ...well, myself :redface: View Post
    The Crazies

2010 David: "Oh, my God...you lived through this zombie movie from hell, too?"

1973 David: "Sort of...did you mention zombie movies?"

2010 David: "You know, like Night of the Living Dead?"

1973 David: "Oh, my God! I caught that one at the Bijou once! Only I think they were called 'ghouls'...I heard George Romero was making another, did it come out yet?"

2010 David: "Oh, you have no idea...if we could get out of this quarantine camp, I'd take you out for some drinks."
    Speaking of zombie movies: if they could feel anything besides hunger or think of anything beyond their next meal...

Modern fast zombies:

Early slow zombies: /

The reasons are obvious when you think about it.

(Also, I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm going to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street.)

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Brotherhood Ed: Envy's our WHAT?! That's almost as fucked up as Father being our biological uncle/brother. And I'm gonna have words with that old bastard about that Dante chick.

Anime Edward: Tell me about it. And I never knew that the Gate of Truth was capable of being such a dick. Well, at least I managed to change Al back to normal. How're doing on that angle?

B.Ed: Well, he managed to return to the Gate, but he decided to leave it there for the time being since it was so emaciated and fragile. Of course, Father took that time to transmute everyone on the planet into a philosopher stones and used Al's body as a medium. He's essentially our version of Satan now.

Anime Ed: ....Okay, that's screwed up.

B.Ed: I know...
    Does Brotherhood really count as a remake?

Vincent Price as the Last Man on Earth: My life is such a weary meanigless and tiring existance. I'm not sure how long I can go on, but I must.

Charlton Heston as Omega Man: 'Probably because you're not shooting enough people. You should shoot more people.

Will SMith from I am Legend: I'm the only black guy here. Oh, so it's gonna be like that, huh?
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Original Halloween Mike Myers: "..."

Remake Halloween Mike Myers: "..."

OMM: "..."

RMM: "..."

Having reached an understanding, they stand up at the same time and leave to hunt down Jamie Lee Curtis.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Old Freddy to New Freddy: So......what happened to the jokes?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Old Freddy to New Freddy: So......what happened to the jokes?
    New Freddy: "Your jokes suck. I mean, 'Welcome to Wonderland, Alice'?"

Old Freddy: "At least I got an imagination. I mean, really, what's the point of being a dream-demon without it?" (looks up at the coffee menu) "Espresso, cappucino, latte...is this place Mafia-owned, or is everyone in 2010 just a pussy? Gimme a regular decaf any day."

New Freddy: "That goes without saying, all things considered."

New Nancy: (looking at the Freddys) "Goddamnit, I'm having another micro-nap. Coffee's not working anymore."

Old Nancy: "Anything I can do?"

New Nancy: "For openers, don't make any 'flying car' jokes."

Old Nancy: "My dad hopes they don't get invented. You know how many speeders, drunk drivers and hit-and-runs he deals with each week?"

-Abraham Lincoln

Tyris-Flare to her Beast Rider self: "Your game sucks."

Original Prince of Persia: "Man, if I had time-powers like that back in the day..."
    PoP Sands of Time: "Ahh, they're overrated."

Rick (Splatterhouse 2010): "Well, at least I don't look that much like a Jason ripoff."
    Rick (original): "Fuck you."

-Abraham Lincoln

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

'08 Hulk: Why Hulk look like play-doh?

'03 Hulk: At least this Hulk manage to throw big metal monsters! All new Hulk do is smash them into ugly Hulk's face.

'03 Bruce: Seriously, what is with the depowerment? Your Hulk couldn't leap for crap.

'08 Bruce: Yeah well at least mine didn't look like it was made of play-doh.

'03 Bruce: Why does everyone keep hounding us about that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    (or a Starbucks, whatever)
    Speaking of, 70s Starbuck and modern Starbuck would totally do...themselves.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...