Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Miller and Francia on "Mass Effect" Sellouts

CBR News spoke with script writer John Jackson Miller and artist Omar Francia about "Mass Effect: Redemption's" success so far and Dark Horse provided us with an exclusive preview of issue #3.

Full article here.

I got a X-Box 360 in December. Really enjoyed the Mass Effect series. It may be early but Mass Effect 2 will be game of the year.

I would really like to check the comic out.

I'm glad I'll probably get a second chance with a new printing for Issue #1.

Has anybody read the novels?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Akers View Post
    I would really like to check the comic out.

I'm glad I'll probably get a second chance with a new printing for Issue #1.

Has anybody read the novels?
    Mass Effect: Redemption has gotten me back into collecting monthly comics and has renewed my love for comics in general and explains a vital story plot in Mass Effect 2 and is a great comic.

I've read both novels currently out. The first one Mas Effect: Revelation is a prequel to the first game dealing with Anderson's history with Saren as he tries to save Kahlee Sanders from the batarians a race that wasn't in the first game until Bring Down the Sky, the first Mass Effect DLC that came out, but reading the novel gives you an understanding about the batarians what their culture and society is like and helps you understand their POV in Bring Down the Sky.

The second one Mass Effect: Ascension is an interlude set between the games, that is about the Kahlee Sanders (the heroine from Mass Effect: Revelation) who is trying to protect an autistic biotic girl from Cerberus and The Illusive Man and we see how far they will go to achieve their goals. We also get a lot of insight into the quarians and how their culture and society works. This is also the first introductions of The Illusive Man, the Omega Space Station, The Collectors, and the Omega 4 Relay all of which plays major roles in Mass Effect 2.
    IMHO Mass Effect: Ascension is a slower paced novel but is the better of the two because of the emphasis on the characters.

A third novel is coming out later this year called Mass Effect: Retribution.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 02-18-2010 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhidekid View Post
    I got a X-Box 360 in December. Really enjoyed the Mass Effect series. It may be early but Mass Effect 2 will be game of the year.
    I agree but it's still a top contender for that honor.
    And if IIRC IGN already declared Mass Effect 1 the greatest Xbox 360 game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Mass Effect: Redemption has gotten me back into collecting monthly comics and has renewed my love for comics in general and explains a vital story plot in Mass Effect 2 and is a great comic.

I've read both novels currently out. The first one Mas Effect: Revelation is a prequel to the first game dealing with Anderson's history with Saren as he tries to save Kahlee Sanders from the batarians a race that wasn't in the first game until Bring Down the Sky, the first Mass Effect DLC that came out, but reading the novel gives you an understanding about the batarians what their culture and society is like and helps you understand their POV in Bring Down the Sky.

The second one Mass Effect: Ascension is an interlude set between the games, that is about the Kahlee Sanders (the heroine from Mass Effect: Revelation) who is trying to protect an autistic biotic girl from Cerberus and The Illusive Man and we see how far they will go to achieve their goals. We also get a lot of insight into the quarians and how their culture and society works. This is also the first introductions of The Illusive Man, the Omega Space Station, The Collectors, and the Omega 4 Relay all of which plays major roles in Mass Effect 2.
    IMHO Mass Effect: Ascension is a slower paced novel but is the better of the two because of the emphasis on the characters.

A third novel is coming out later this year called Mass Effect: Retribution.
    Thanks. I love what Drew Karpyshyn did with the Darth Bane trilogy of novels, so I was hoping that the Mass Effect novels were worth reading. I'll go out and find them soon.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhidekid View Post
    It's theirs to lose, Mass Effect 2 is straight up incredible. I still haven't made up my mind if it's taken over as my favourite game of all time, but it's definitely in the running.