Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karen El View Post
    No, that just shows that there's a general shortage of women in the story.
    If anybody can tell me how to do spoiler tags, I'll answer the question definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne McDuffie View Post
    If anybody can tell me how to do spoiler tags, I'll answer the question definitively.
    Make this:
    [SPOIL]

and at the end of your statement, make another one but with a / in front of the S.

That's correct.
    the "missing movie" was supposed to have Green arrow right? its why he gets the first episode of JLU, and john asks why they didn't hear back from him. From what I hear he is not in this movie, why is that?

anyway looking forward to this one, from what i read its geting some good reviews.

[/spoil] at the end and [spoil] at the start

Or you are welcome to PM me.
    People say I'm in a world of my own. It's called Planet Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    Make this:
    [SPOIL]

and at the end of your statement, make another one but with a / in front of the S.
    Thanks, I was typing out [SPOILER].

Or you are welcome to PM me.
    I didn't think of that either! Anyway, if you're curious about my intentions, here you go:

spoilers:
    Superwoman is indeed a Mary Marvel analogue. Her three main "Made Men" are the lieutenant Marvels (note that their costumes all match). Later in the story, Wonder Woman fights "Olympiad," intended as a Wonder Woman analogue.
    end of spoilers

I'm thinking after the movie comes out, I'll post a list of who's supposed to be who. Some of them are kind of fun.

Oh, and the analogues are not pure one-to-one versions of the same character from our Earth, Ultraman isn't Clark Kent, Owlman isn't Bruce Wayne, et cetera. I was thinking more archetypes than alternate life paths.

I didn't think of that either! Anyway, if you're curious about my intentions, here you go:

spoilers:
    Superwoman is indeed a Mary Marvel analogue. Her three main "Made Men" are the lieutenant Marvels (note that their costumes all match). Later in the story, Wonder Woman fights "Olympiad," intended as a Wonder Woman analogue.
    end of spoilers

I'm thinking after the movie comes out, I'll post a list of who's supposed to be who. Some of them are kind of fun.

Oh, and the analogues are not pure one-to-one versions of the same character from our Earth, Ultraman isn't Clark Kent, Owlman isn't Bruce Wayne, et cetera. I was thinking more archetypes than alternate life paths.
    I see. And the black girl who turns into the lion is some sort of Vixen pastiche, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post
    the "missing movie" was supposed to have Green arrow right? its why he gets the first episode of JLU, and john asks why they didn't hear back from him. From what I hear he is not in this movie, why is that?
    John's referring to the fact that the JL has contacted everyone, and Ollie's the only person who didn't respond to the invitation. It wasn't supposed to imply an earlier adventure, or reference the events of the movie. Anyway, Ollie's sort of in the movie. Kinda.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Okay, I can't argue with the guy who wrote it.

I do wonder at the gender imbalance. As a post-season 2 Justice League there's an excuse for why the only woman on the team is Wonder Woman. Without that, it's looks like "here's yet another boys club with one token female". I'd be interested to know how you respond to that.
    People say I'm in a world of my own. It's called Planet Karen.

The cameos seem nice. I saw a clip where the JLA fights evil versions of Vixen, Elongated Man, and Katana.
    I think Dwayne said on his own forums that there were going to be Icon and Static cameos at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronome35 View Post
    I think Dwayne said on his own forums that there were going to be Icon and Static cameos at some point.
    Damn! And they got cut?! That blows!

Good Lord! I'm on the same thread with McDuffie!

Just wanted to say I really enjoy your work so far, from Static Shock to JLU, (Alien Force is about the only thing I have any real reservations about) and I'd like to say that you write some really awesome dialogue. Since you wrote this I'll most likely check it out.

Okay, I can't argue with the guy who wrote it.

I do wonder at the gender imbalance. As a post-season 2 Justice League there's an excuse for why the only woman on the team is Wonder Woman. Without that, it's looks like "here's yet another boys club with one token female". I'd be interested to know how you respond to that.
    By conceding that the Justice League is traditionally another boys club with one token female. My JLU had a lot of women on the team, and when I briefly wrote the comic, I had Zatanna, Vixen, Dr. Light and Black Canary as members, in addition to Wonder Woman (I think they're all gone now, except for Dr. Light?). I certainly added a lot of women to the Crime Syndicate, compared to any other appearance they ever made, and I added the character of Rose Wilson. But a movie based on the comic book is what it is.

BANNED

No, that just shows that there's a general shortage of women in the story.
    I guess not.....

That being said, Wonder Woman and Superwoman were the best thing about the movie, in my opinion (Their brief fight was excellent, you can see that Mr. MacDuffie truly believes she is the "#1 Melee fighter in the world....a couple of times) Canary and Aquaman were the best of the "B" league....and spoilers:
    uber bat haters
    end of spoilers maybe un happy.....spoilers:
    the things that man does with a broken rib are amazing.
    end of spoilers

Loved Evil Vixen, BL (despite him being stuck in the '70's), Vibe spoilers:
    he even break dances
    end of spoilers and Looker...Looker???

Wish we could have seen more of evil spoilers:
    martian manhunter and hawkgirl
    end of spoilers and the spoilers:
    jester...that poor monkey :(
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I see. And the black girl who turns into the lion is some sort of Vixen pastiche, correct?
    clearly, she has a tantu totem.....