Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: David Hine brings Arkham to "Detective Comics"

"Arkham Reborn" writer David Hine spoke with CBR News and discussed the upcoming conclusion to his ongoing Arkham saga scheduled to appear in the pages of "Detective Comics" this April.

Full article here.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

I look forward to this.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Yes! I have to say, while I like the Batwoman arcs going on, I'm not the biggest fan of them. They just don't do it for me. I want to know what happens to the new Black Mask

I've liked what Hine's been doing with Arkham. I think that the Arkham "revamp" kind of fit surprisingly well with the other things that have been going on in Batman. It feels quite natural. Even with Jerry Arkham being my top suspect on the Black Mask identity list, I think it works that way, too.

I like No-Face. I don't know if he'll ever escape, but I think the prospect of a crazy who "copies" a different Batman villain every time is a neat idea.

I like the Avant-garde look of the rebuilt Asylum. Black Mask "destroyed" the old Asylum, so that kind of furthers my thought that Arkham is Mask II. He had the mad plans to rebuild the place ... so destroying the old house was Step # 1.

I'm looking forward to it. Sad to see Batwoman go, but she'll be back soon. Glad to see Jeremy Haun stay, too, because of the consistency it'll give this whole "New Arkham" trip.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Between his Arkham work and FVZA, Hine has been on fire lately.

And I'm glad that the Arkham Reborn mini wasn't the last installment. I'm happy we'll be getting more answers as to just WTF is going on inside Arkham.
    Curator of Batman Comics at BATMANYTB.com - the largest most comprehensive Batman site on the web!

So what's happening to Batwoman and the Question? I'd heard Kate was getting her own series, but I think it doesn't make sense to separate the two.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndGarters View Post
    So what's happening to Batwoman and the Question? I'd heard Kate was getting her own series, but I think it doesn't make sense to separate the two.
    According to Dan Didio, the Question isn't going anywhere, and will remain on Detective as the co-feature for the second year of the co-features. Greg has mentioned Batwoman's ongoing as coming later in the year, but there has been no indication that the Question back-up is coming with it.

www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdemink View Post
    Between his Arkham work and FVZA, Hine has been on fire lately.

And I'm glad that the Arkham Reborn mini wasn't the last installment. I'm happy we'll be getting more answers as to just WTF is going on inside Arkham.
    I agree 100% (he also has Spiderman Noir going on as well). I am sure the world has no interest in a continual Arkham book like Hine is writing but he has done a fabulous job on this as well as his Two-Face one shot before. I like his writing on the twisted side of the Batman Universe and hope there is more in the future.

I have to say I am going to be really ticked if Batwoman doesnt get her own title. Every top list of comics of this year had detective in the top ten, which says just how good it is. Its been fresh and while I love batman, getting a character without years of continuity to bother with has been fantastic. I think its sad to see the best all around series possible end so soon.

David Hine is a fantastic writer. He's one of the few writers out there who knows how to incorporate verity into comic books. He should get to write a Batman books full time.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    According to Dan Didio, the Question isn't going anywhere, and will remain on Detective as the co-feature for the second year of the co-features. .
    I hope that Huntress remains a part of it. I had a peek at the issue the other day and noticed a great 'Thelma and Louise' vibe going on. It truly was not as bad as I expected it to be.
    Last edited by Mia; 02-11-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by E-Roc Hubertron View Post
    I have to say I am going to be really ticked if Batwoman doesnt get her own title.
    There is absolutely no reason to believe she won't.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E-Roc Hubertron View Post
    I have to say I am going to be really ticked if Batwoman doesnt get her own title. Every top list of comics of this year had detective in the top ten, which says just how good it is. Its been fresh and while I love batman, getting a character without years of continuity to bother with has been fantastic. I think its sad to see the best all around series possible end so soon.
    She's already getting a title.

I'm really starting to get frustrated with people saying the character isn't treated well by DC.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I hope people check this out because David Hine is born to write Batman books after reading his Arkham stories and Two-Face one-shot. They should give him his own Arkham Asylum on-going series focusing on the minds of the patients and mishaps that goes around.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

yes, cannot wait for these issues. Ive just now realized how good David Hine is and i am considering checking out FVZA. The Arkham storyline has been one of my favorites, looking forward to see how the loose ends are tied.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vickvega View Post
    yes, cannot wait for these issues. Ive just now realized how good David Hine is and i am considering checking out FVZA. The Arkham storyline has been one of my favorites, looking forward to see how the loose ends are tied.
    I highly recommend FVZA and Strange Embrace. Hine at his best.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!