Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Spider-Man" Movie Gets 3D Deal, Release Date

The Marc Webb-helmed reboot for Marvel's famed web-slinging wall-crawler will bow in theaters on July 3, 2012 and feature the full 3D treatment taking viewers on a tour through the concrete canyons of Manhattan with a teen Peter Parker.

Full article here.

BANNED

who cares about a solid script - as long as it's 3D!!!!!!

Why the frell everything is 3D now?
    Dan DiDio RUINED Transformers Forever

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...scap2ar0-3.png

Space is disease and danger wrapped in silence and darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by keilthetarheel View Post
    who cares about a solid script - as long as it's 3D!!!!!!

Maybe it will have both

Considering the success of Avatar, my guess is that the 3d craze is here to stay for a while. Especially if Titans does well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf!!! View Post
    Why the frell everything is 3D now?

Why is this such a big deal for people? They offer 2d versions for less money at the same time. But if anything would be cool in 3d it would be swinging through New York with Spidey.

I just hope it doesn't suck.

Fortunately 2D releases always coincide. I literally don't get the appeal of 3D because I don't have entirely binocular vision so none of the vaunted 3D effects actually work for me. Fortunately the 3D films I've seen last year (Up, Coraline, Toy Story 3D ... all with my nieces) had 2D releases. I wouldn't spend money on a 3D ticket for ME but for my adorable nieces and nephew I'll make some concessions. At least now 3D without glasses no longer comes off like some moving Pablo Picasso painting like it did in the 1980s.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Release date? Okay, we have got one now.
    3D? ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Why is this such a big deal for people? They offer 2d versions for less money at the same time. But if anything would be cool in 3d it would be swinging through New York with Spidey.
    Your right about that. One of the coolest rides in Universal Studios is the spiderman ride which is also 3D. That ride was quite possibly the coolest ten minutes of my life.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Strange View Post
    I just hope it doesn't suck.
    While I hope it sucks monkey balls so that no one else gets the idea to reboot a franchise that doesn't need rebooting.

Rebooting a recent franchise that was good is just stupid. You only do a reboot like this if its been at least five years and the last few offerings were horrendous, ala Batman.

If you want to recast the parts thats fine but pick up where Spidey 3 left off.

The Man without a Face The Joker's Avatar

I'll be sure to mark that date down in a few years when I pick up a 2012 calender.
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's pretty shoddy reporting when you don't even read your own article, CBR. Especially when that article makes a point of the technical nature of the term "in talks" when it comes to Hollywood, and emphasises that at no point did that actor in question actually use that point...

This was inevitable after Avatar.

I wish 3-d would die. I can't see 3-d and half my family can't. None of the movies around here get the 2-d versions. That means i have to wait for the dvd release. Hollywood really hates my cash i guess. There are alot of 3-d films i can't see this summer.

Transformers 3 might be in 3-d also. There should be a law that all movie who get the 3-d version must also get a 2-d version.

BANNED

new Spidey film on th' horizon... a good thing...

3D... BULL.SHIT.