Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    I honestly can't pretend to understand the whole premise of the topic. I must have the sensitivity of a flea, I guess.
    Music that people personally relate to Wonder Woman I thought: nothing Byzantine about it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by trypr View Post
    Music that people personally relate to Wonder Woman I thought: nothing Byzantine about it ^^
    Yeah that's pretty much it, Diana, is many different things to many different people so I think this thread reflects that.
    Zevran: "Hello my stocky little friend!"
    Oghren: "Huh. You got small breasts for a gal."
    Zevran: "Ah. This is where we begin the typical dwarven/elven rivalry, is it?"
    Oghren: "Nahhh." Dragon Age: Origins

Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trypr View Post
    I meant its kind of touchy feely for me, which is why I compared myself to a flea. I'm supposing the problem is more on my end than the other end, since I can't envision songs "cueing" the thought "Wonder Woman" in my mind, other than, you know... that Wonder Woman song from the TV show.

I mean it implies that there's a level of identification going on that's beyond me, I guess. Then again, if a song doesn't explicitly name Superman (or talk about Lois or Jimmy Olsen or Kryptonite, as a few songs have over the years), I don't really have him pop up into my mind either.

Visually I've occasionally gotten a reminder of WW over the years. Maybe if I saw a pattern somewhere which reminded me of her outfit, or someone with JUST the right hairstyle and body type, or something like that, but that's another matter entirely.

This one was hard, but in the end I went with 'Three Little Birds'. A song that reassures people every little thing is going to be all right, seams to me what Diana's presence inspires a feeling of.

Plus the verse:
    Rise up this mornin',
    Smiled with the risin' sun,
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true,
    Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

...just has that whole 'Wonder Woman communicating with and getting reinvigorated by nature' feel to it, so yeah that's my pick :D
    It's A Dan's World; Illustration and comic guff daily.

"People don't actually like Wonder Woman. They like the idea in their head of what a "wonder woman" ought to be, which usually bears little resemblance to the character in the comics." - JKCarrier

A little inspirational tune from Aussie sensation, Vanessa Amerosi. That ..and Ray Of Light, by Madonna.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

When I think of WONDER WOMAN I think of a woman who can stand alone against all odds but who maintains hope that someone will join her cause:

FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

And when I think of a romance between Wonder Woman and Superman I think of this:

I've always liked the idea but knowing mainstream comics, I can't help waiting for the other shoe to drop!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

I would've thought this would be an obvious choice:

If hard work is not another name for talent, it is the best possible substitute for it.
    - James Garfield

BANNED

I won't say it exactly screams Wonder Woman, but there are quite a lot of things in the lyrics it that I think matches a certain aspect of her.

Quote Originally Posted by althechi View Post
    I would've thought this would be an obvious choice:

This would be a great song for a SUPERGIRL or MARY MARVEL movie!

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post

A little inspirational tune from Aussie sensation, Vanessa Amerosi. That ..and Ray Of Light, by Madonna.
    Vanessa Amerosi's song is a very nice choice, might I recommend 'Wonder' by Natalie Merchant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpYFAzhAZY
    Last edited by Lotech; 05-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.

"Black is the Colour" sung by Lisa Lambe of Celtic Woman (with lyrics).
    A beautiful song, worth a listen.

Last edited by Lotech; 05-25-2013 at 10:07 PM.

I'll probably get shamed for posting a "Beyonce" song, but I still think this describes Wonder Woman pretty darn well.
    Of course some of the lines aren't exactly exact on their description of Wonder Woman, but it basically evokes the "Independent Woman" aspect Wonder Woman has going for her.
    Again, don't kill me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'll probably get shamed for posting a "Beyonce" song, but I still think this describes Wonder Woman pretty darn well.
    Of course some of the lines aren't exactly exact on their description of Wonder Woman, but it basically evokes the "Independent Woman" aspect Wonder Woman has going for her.
    Again, don't kill me

It's a fairly good choice that's describing the most important message Wonder Woman has brought (or tried to bring); liberating women and telling them there's nothing they cant do.