Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Joe Casey Talks "Superman/Batman"

The Man of Action speaks frankly about his "Our Worlds at War" Aftermath story arc beginning in "Superman/Batman" #69, due in stores later this month from DC Comics.

Full article here.

So basically after reading this Casey says that this story- even though being marketed as a follow up to Worlds at War is NOT a follow up. He says he doesn't even mention it in the story and says that there were no leftover or unanswered questions from that crossover. In other words DC is just trying to fool readers with its marketing of the Superman/Batman title and the 'new'- haha- direction.
    writer: The Venger: Dead Man Rising

Twitter-Facebook-Email-VENGER

I was there for the first time through and he's right - OWAW was a rather tight story. The World's Finest one-shot pretty much wrapped it up. I liked it too, even if the odd timing of some of the issues revealed stuff ahead of time.

My favs were the tie-ins tho, especially the Impulse, Young Justice, and Superboy ones.

I'm just wondering what it says about DC that they've let a book featuring SUPERMAN and BATMAN every month flounder into semi-obscurity.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

...fans were incredibly excited, even more so when it was revealed first up at bat (no pun intended) was a follow-up to “Our Worlds at War”...
    Um...maybe I've been reading different message boards. Not everything I have read was negative, but the above quote hardly seems accurate.

I really truly appreciate Joe Casey - his work, and his opinions. I think his frankness here is both bold and honest, and I happen to agree with everything he says here.

I'm left wondering, after this frankness, just how much longer he'll be working on S/B or at DC. Dwayne McDuffie was fired for saying much less than this.

LOL!

Man, they should just relaunch this book already. I do like the idea of treating this book the same as Brave and the Bold. Lost stories from yesterday, today and tomorrow!

Yeah; I noticed that there had been no OWAW connection for the past 2 issues. Oh well. I very much liked Caseys Adventures of Superman run, so I won't complain. It's not like these will be the only cross-over issues of an ongoing book that have little to nothing to do with said crossover I'll have in my collection.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Thief and Archer

Yeah, hopefully Casey will hit this sucker in the heart with a shot of adrenalin.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is not just another show for us. Tonight is arena football at its finest. Thank you" - David Letterman

UGH!

For my money, Joe Casey is the worst writer in the seventy plus year history of Superman. Hopefully this is just a short visit and the new editor has lost his contact information.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I am a huge fan of Joe Casey. I'm glad I don't have to bother much with OWAW business here, and I'm also really digging this artist.

I also liked Casey's run on Adventures of Superman. He was trying different things and even when it didn't really work, it was a lot more interesting than the Loeb/Kelly stuff.

But why is it that in every interview with Casey I read (which granted, has only been a few) he mentions his drug abuse? Seems kind of odd to throw your personal problems out there.

Batman Codpiece > New 52 Super Buddies Forever's Avatar

The tip-off should have been that Superman isn't sporting his red-and-black chest symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Buddies Forever View Post
    The tip-off should have been that Superman isn't sporting his red-and-black chest symbol.
    The tip-off to me was that I've read OWAW, and this clearly has nothing to do with it...but, as I said, I don't care anyway.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I wonder if this means Casey will get a chance to finish his Ignition plot.