Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Whaaaa?! Young Justice The Animated Series!

So, last week, someone who runs a toy related blog put this up:

WB has 3 NEW series on their slate, Mystery INC- the new Scooby show, Young Justice, and Bruce Timms CG Green Lantern for 4Q 2011. ALL for Cartoon Network, who originally passed on the new Thundercats. Both Mattel and Hasbro got the series pitch and passed on the toys for couple different reasons. "Lack of cool tech" the big one. But Ban Dai did a hard core play for the rights. They weren't interested in a "Classic" adult line, and thought that the new take on the series was something very different for the toy aisles. Which is what Mattel and Hasbro were afraid of.

It's Sorta THE Young Justice. They will be going out with this BIG TIME at Comic Con. From what I saw, it's Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent. The poster gives me the tone that it's a cross between JLU and TT. I liked the look a lot. It's not quite Timm-style, but it's not All Murikami'd out like Teen Titans.

The kids were the focus of the poster, in the center, but The JL was behind them.
    And now, voice actress Stephanie Lemelin claimed on her blog that she's been cast as Arrowette:
    Well, I am beyond thrilled to announce that I was recently cast in the new animated series, YOUNG JUSTICE LEAGUE, based on the famous (and awesome) DC Comics. I seriously could not be more excited about being welcomed into this amazing family… what a fantastic way to start the new year! I will be voicing the character of Arrowette (see ridiculously hot avatar below!!! um, could I love her anymore?) as well as several supporting cast members… Due to the extreme popularity of this series, however, that’s about all I can say… for now. So excited, this is really a dream come true for me, I have ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SATURDAY MORNING CARTOOON!!! Woohoo!
    And then she posted this shot of the character:

If this is true, then awesome. I loved that book too much.

I've never read it, but this looks pretty cool

Is the comic collected anywhere? I tried looking on amazon, but I only found two trades.
    "Teal is just very quotable"
    - thwhtGuardian

Not to undermine James Thread.

But isn't a Green lantern Corps tv show mentioned above not the big news here?

Giving the success of the Green lantern franchise in comics. It's not a surprize.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal_Lantern View Post
    I've never read it, but this looks pretty cool

Is the comic collected anywhere? I tried looking on amazon, but I only found two trades.
    I don't think so. It seems to be one of those periods that rarely gets brought up by DC, despite four of it's main characters going on to the current Teen Titans.

Read a few YJ issues back in the day and it was pretty good, so this show seems pretty kewl. 2011 so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    I don't think so. It seems to be one of those periods that rarely gets brought up by DC, despite four of it's main characters going on to the current Teen Titans.
    That surprises me, Young Justice a has a rabid fan-base you'd think people would be demanding the series get collected.

BANNED

FANTASTIC news! I can't wait to see this...it should be incredible. I really hope they do a good job of adapting it for animation

BANNED

Well, holy crap.

I have to do more research on this now.
    Last edited by DoctorDoom; 02-01-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Animated Impulse?? Hell yeah!

Interesting thought: I wonder if the choice of Nightwing instead of Robin has something to do with some undisclosed future plans in the comics...? Somehow I seriously doubt this is Dick Grayson we're talking about, considering most of the rest of the cast ('cept Aqualad).
    ~Bumbles Bounce~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom View Post
    Well, holy crap.

I have to do moee research on this now.
    It was a GREAT series hon...I really think you'd like it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineMystique View Post
    It was a GREAT series hon...I really think you'd like it
    I read some of the series.

I meant research on this new toon.

What I posted is literally all the info there is right now.
    And if anyone is interested in the series, steer clear of the Graduation Day mini.

DC will probably collect the series in trade when the show finally hits the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Danger View Post
    That surprises me, Young Justice a has a rabid fan-base you'd think people would be demanding the series get collected.
    The thing is that all the rabid YJ fans pretty much have all the issues already. So, why would we demand trades? I mean, it would be neat for other folks to have, but that's about it.

Also, DC made it pretty clear that they wanted to ignore YJ and most of the other stuff from around that time in the lives of the young heroes. So, it kind of felt like wasting our breath.

BANNED

Ah right...my mistake Doomsie!

Quote Originally Posted by spidervenom
    DC will probably collect the series in trade when the show finally hits the air.
    That's my guess too. Which'll be kind of awesome cause I'm missing a bunch of issues from early on in the series and I've had no luck finding them