Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Yeah...

I mean. Everyone else survived horrible wounds. Heck, you even had Oars Jr. getting back up.

But seeing the vivre card just go poof.

And to think...new One Piece chapter was usually the light moment of my week.

Whew. Holy S***. What a chapter. Can't wait to read, how this will continue.

spoilers:

I never seen Luffy have that look on his face before this, even losing his friends to Kuma didn't spark this kind of reaction
    end of spoilers
    Have beer, will drink!

One thing I'm starting to like about Sakazuki's characterization is that he's not just a hardass puritan like he seemed at first, but also a cunning manipulator.

First we have him tricking Squad, then we had him taunting Ace into a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    magma can smother fire so its more like he negated ace's powers, allowing him to be burned.
    My issue with this...Shouldn't smoke do the smothering?

Last I checked, Fire needs oxygen, and smoke dosn't particuarly provide it with an oxygen rich enviroment, espeially the kind Smoker brings to the table.

And the saying "Where there's smoke, there's fire" refers to fire being a byproduct of smoke, which makes me think Smoker should have had the advantage.

By the same token, Magma produces flames and heat by simply being a bit too close to something or touching it.

It at the very least, produces heat, something Ace should be resistant to.

I find this whole thing kinda questionable, really.

I'm kinda iffy on the logic, regarding this one.

I'll give it a tad more thought, however.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    My issue with this...Shouldn't smoke do the smothering?
    I see it like this. Magma is already heated, molten rock, so fire can't do anything to it. Magma just absorbs the fire into itself. Or something.

I'm thinking that, everything else being equal, Akainu was just better with his logia powers than Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    I'm thinking that, everything else being equal, Akainu was just better with his logia powers than Ace.
    This could also be true. Ace in my opinion (as well as Marco and Jose) seem to equal the Warlords in individual power. The Admirals seem like deadlier opponents than any of the Warlords so far.

Hey, maybe Akainu can use haki!

I'm thinking Dragon shows up preeeeeeeetty damn soon. Luffy is too messed up to fight, Ace is apparently dead, Whitebeard is singlehandedly fighting the entire force of the world government, so all in all things are looking pretty bleak. Either that or Luffy goes crazy and just starts whooping ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tetsu View Post
    I'm thinking Dragon shows up preeeeeeeetty damn soon. Luffy is too messed up to fight, Ace is apparently dead, Whitebeard is singlehandedly fighting the entire force of the world government, so all in all things are looking pretty bleak. Either that or Luffy goes crazy and just starts whooping ass.
    Wouldn't count out Luffy going full berserker rage
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

...did I just read that?

Did Ace just die making the whole thing pointless?

The.... the hell?

What the hell's going to happen now?

That was rough...

In the end, this is going to be a pretty big victory for the Marines. In one day they'll have taken out Whitebeard and Gol D. Roger's child.

And, it's been said before, but I'll say it again. These Admirals are freakin scary!
    Last edited by Ragnorok64; 02-10-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

That was a pretty freaky expression on Luffy during the last page of the chapter.

I think the Marines unintentionally unleashed something really bad by doing this.
    Have beer, will drink!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    That was a pretty freaky expression on Luffy during the last page of the chapter.

I think the Marines unintentionally unleashed something really bad by doing this.
    I agree that this will bite them in the asses later on.

But right now I think that Ruffy will be too physically weak and emotionally distraught with this second failure to save a loved one to do much of anything besides throwing weak punches.