Page 3 of 288 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

You know I wonder if Haki can be tempered by emotion....I can just imagine Luffy letting out some sort of Despair/Anger wave right now knocking everyone on their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Even if you didn't like it, it is still in-character for both. They're both hot-headed, impulsive, and stubborn, so when Akainu started making despairing remarks about Whitebeard, the crew, and everything they accomplished, Ace would stay back and start a fight with Akainu to defend his family.
    And that is exactly what Akainu wanted. He's already shown he knows how to hit the mental weak points of his enemies, and he doesn't want to let any wanted criminal get away in his watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Wow, this I didn't expect.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Man all the chapters of the big 3 this week were great.

One thing I noted, does Akinu have a peculiar speech pattern?
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Akainu did have a good point: Squado was an idiot for listening to the enemy.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

Wow Amazing!! With one single issue Oda reminded me why I love OP so much. It's incredible what he is doing, it would be so stupid (good stupid) if Oda kills Ace, which apparently it's totally possible, if you look closely you can see Ace's hand bones when he burns his hand hitting Magma-Man, so what can he do with his stomach?

I really don't want to see him die, but I think the only time before we saw Luffy be in a situation like this was whe Zoro got cut by Hawkeye. That time it didn't went so great for luffy

Plus, either Luffy gets a mega Haki new power or he is toasted, what do you think he could do? Bust it so much everybody faints as someone, already said? It increases his punches so much he actually makes his first kill and turns Magma-man into pieces? He just cries as he did against Kuma?

Or?

Whitebeard destroys everything on a rage induced self-explosion? Dragon gets there and takes care of everything in the coolest way ever, do you remember Smoker didn't transformed with Dragon around on Logue Island?
    Last edited by Spiderman 1; 02-04-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

What?

...Ace?

I'm not sure that he can get back from that.

I REALLY hope that Akainu will gets to taste what it means when you mess with one of Whitebeard's sons next week.

And my favorite admiral is Aokiji. Love' the dude's relaxed attitude and his ice powers sort of stand out amongst the logia.

Aokiji is my favorite admiral out of the three.

You just got a love a person who follows "Lazy Justice"
    Have beer, will drink!

Don't worry Ace will be fine.

It would be to retarded after the news about Roger and stopping his execution specifically to save his life, only to have him die right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Don't worry Ace will be fine.

It would be to retarded after the news about Roger and stopping his execution specifically to save his life, only to have him die right now.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Whitebeard is going to use one last ditch effort to save Ace's ass from Akainu, before his own death.

Also, It has been speculated that Dragon has a Storm or Wind fruit, Smoker is secretly afraid of being blown away by strong winds. That might account for why Smoker didn't transform when Dragon appeared.

Just a guess.

I like all the Admirals really, all three are very different and REALLY destructive. Picking just one its probably Akainu simply cause he is such a bastard. Nobody can beat Kizaru's entrance though...bad ass!

Is this considered repeated enough to be a One Piece meme?

"No one dies in One Piece except in flashbacks!"

Seriously, though. Anyone wishing Oda would be a little more kill-happy once in a while?

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

oda is just too good at using old characters again in new ways to kill them off IMO...a short list:

hey luffy should have just killed croc, not like it would change much...well other than ace having been killed when sengoku first ordered the execution.

hey zoro should have cut das bones in half when he learned how to cut steel. course now luffy's dead / injured like hell from mihawk's slash.

and don't even get me started on how it's a pity that sanji didn't kick mr. 2 till he died. he didn't do anything useful later on.

that's just from one arc.......i could do that sorta thing for alvida, foxy, buggy, practically every villain that's showed up so far.

and don't even get me started on my confusion over the "you can only be entertained when someone is getting beat to death" standpoint.....
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post

Seriously, though. Anyone wishing Oda would be a little more kill-happy once in a while?
    Not for long. Whitebeards about to break the tradition.

Also, I hope Ace turns out ok.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post

That depends. If if has somthing to do with the story then yeah, if it's just for pure shock value then no.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    Wait. Lava can burn fire? What the? Does this mean Ace could kill Smoker and Akinu could kill Ao Kiji?
    Well, Smoker and Ace were explicitly shown to cancel each other out in Alabasta (for some reason). Now Akainu is able to burn Ace (for some reason).