Page 235 of 288 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4307
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

So a newer translation makes it clear that Ruffy plans on "wiping the floor" with all four of the Yonkou.

I always kinda figured that Ruffy and Shanks didn't have any actual interest in fighting each other. But there you go.

Well, as much as he likes Shanks, he did say he wanted to gather a crew and surpass Shanks, and they're both aiming for One Piece, IIrC. Fighting each other is inevitable, though it'll probably be a lot more friendly than his confrontation with any of the other Yonkou, excepting perhaps Whitebeard if he'd survived.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Does Luffy even know that Shanks is one of the four Emperors? I can't recall it ever coming up in a conversation involving him.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Does Luffy even know that Shanks is one of the four Emperors? I can't recall it ever coming up in a conversation involving him.
    I think that Garp told him, about the time he revealed Luffy's relationship with Dragon.

Oh, Garp is someone else who may be our mystery narcoleptic.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I think that Garp told him, about the time he revealed Luffy's relationship with Dragon.

Oh, Garp is someone else who may be our mystery narcoleptic.
    yep. when garp saw luffy at water seven, he gave exposition on the emperors, including that shanks was a member.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

My guess is that since Shanks is rooting for Luffy, it'll be more along the lines of they'd have a formal kind of fight, so Luffy can prove himself (since it's not like Shanks would just give it to him either, because he wants him to earn it).

Of course, I doubt that'll actually happen, something unpredictable will get in the way, but that's basically how I figure Luffy and Shanks see it.r

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    My guess is that since Shanks is rooting for Luffy, it'll be more along the lines of they'd have a formal kind of fight, so Luffy can prove himself (since it's not like Shanks would just give it to him either, because he wants him to earn it).
    Pretty much how I see the whole thing.

But one thing I found AMAZINGLY Luffy that no one else has mentioned was on that last page Luffy says he wants to wipe the floor with all four of the emperors while holding up three fingers.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Pretty much how I see the whole thing.

But one thing I found AMAZINGLY Luffy that no one else has mentioned was on that last page Luffy says he wants to wipe the floor with all four of the emperors while holding up three fingers.
    See, I thought about that at first, but then I figured he was making some other kind of hand gesture. Since he's like throwing up a backwards okay sign.

So... any thoughts on what's going to happen to the prisoners? I've got three theories:

1.) They'll be handed over to the marines, vanish from the storyline a bit, possibly be given their own cover mini-arc, and appear some 300 chapters down the line.

2.) They'll manage to escape/be snatched away at the last second, possibly by Doflamingo himself.

3.) The one I'm most hoping for, and also the least likely one: circumstances will force the Strawhats to take them onboard, at least for the time being. I don't think the Strawhats have ever had prisoners onboard before (does the Sunny even have a brig?), so there's tons of fun there.

In any case, I doubt this is the last we'll see of them. Okay, maybe Caesar's story is over, but Baby 5 and Buffalo seem to have had way too much invested into them to just be turned into throwaway characters.

They had that swamp Logia from the current cover arc, though they didn't really keep track of him too well.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    So... any thoughts on what's going to happen to the prisoners? I've got three theories:

1.) They'll be handed over to the marines, vanish from the storyline a bit, possibly be given their own cover mini-arc, and appear some 300 chapters down the line.

2.) They'll manage to escape/be snatched away at the last second, possibly by Doflamingo himself.

3.) The one I'm most hoping for, and also the least likely one: circumstances will force the Strawhats to take them onboard, at least for the time being. I don't think the Strawhats have ever had prisoners onboard before (does the Sunny even have a brig?), so there's tons of fun there.

In any case, I doubt this is the last we'll see of them. Okay, maybe Caesar's story is over, but Baby 5 and Buffalo seem to have had way too much invested into them to just be turned into throwaway characters.
    I'm betting on Doflamingo taking them back himself.

Caesar... I don't know. I was thinking Law would take him for himself.

I really like how Smoker and G5 get to partake in the post-arc party. And Law keeps trollin the shit outta Doflamingo.

Transformers Animated fan

It's a shame I didn't get to see what happened to the artificial devil fruit. I thought the giant girl ate it along with the sack of drugs/candy. But I may have been mistaken.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    It's a shame I didn't get to see what happened to the artificial devil fruit. I thought the giant girl ate it along with the sack of drugs/candy. But I may have been mistaken.
    Isn't the artificial devil fruit the one that Momonosuke ate?

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

So...Should we call Law "Super Surgeon Pirate Batman" or something close to that regard?

Dude's been on a roll so far.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo