Page 234 of 288 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4306
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Still betting that shadow dude is Aokiji. Who else can and would take a nap in the middle of the ocean?
    Someone already pointed out Mihawk, so there's that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    ...Does it even make sense to put Dolf in shadow just when we saw the guy a chapter before? O_o
    Hell if I know. Does it even have to make sense? I mean, it is OP. It is Oda. Sometimes dollars and cents go right out the window.

But.....instead of just putting someone in shadow the narration is specifically "whose shadow." Just misleading the audience with a visual cue is one thing but having a textual red herring just seems.....a bit much.

So yeah, I'll ease up on it being Dolf.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Why not the new Admiral?

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    Why not the new Admiral?
    I really wonder who those will be, because they need two more, right? Either two new characters who were perhaps high ranking Marines from the Blues, or two of the Vice Admirals we've already seen.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So...

Not a great deal happened in this chapter...

God damn One Piece is dull right now.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So...

I've recently bought the swedish translations of volumes 63 and 64 and they read a lot better than I remember them. The flow is just a lot better in a collected format and I suspect that the same will be the case with this arc.

As for the chapter itself. It's your typical windown party chapter with lots of fun little details. Like Law's power still being immensely practical and his increasing horror as he realises what he's getting himself into by teaming up with Ruffy.

I also like how the G5 grunts went to the trouble of drawing a giant ass line on the tanker and then everybody ignores it. And Nami's thoughts about why the marines should take care of the kids was a nice moment.

My only real problem is that there's no explanation given this chapter as for how Kinemon survived. But we'll probably get to that. Momosuke is really cute.

And Robin in her new coat is really hot. Then again, Robin in general is really hot.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

The chapter's a usual breather after the action sort of thing, because everyone needs to party after kicking tons of ass.

Nevertheless, Kaido's epithet (well, the chapter I read calls him Kaido of the 100 Beasts) makes you wonder just what kind of ability he has.

...I'm thinking a Zoan type that unlike others...Actually lets him go through multiple forms and he happens to know how to kick ass with all of them (sure he's pretty much considered a dick from the looks of things...But he's an Emperor for a reason). :)
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Nevertheless, Kaido's epithet (well, the chapter I read calls him Kaido of the 100 Beasts) makes you wonder just what kind of ability he has.
    I rather suspect that he has the ability to pay Donquixote Doflamingo for certain artificial Zoans that he has used to build himself a crew full of Zoan ability users.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

oh law. so new to the strawhat party. he will learn
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Well, a few chapters ago it was mentioned that one of the Yonkou has used Smile to build himself an army of artifical zoan users. I just figured that this chapter confirmed it was Kaido who was doing that.

So now Ruffy's got a personal beef with Blackbeard, he's openly challenged Big Mom and he'll be taking on Kaido as part of his alliance with Law.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oh law. so new to the strawhat party. he will learn
    Bebo is sad that he doesn't get to party too.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Well, a few chapters ago it was mentioned that one of the Yonkou has used Smile to build himself an army of artifical zoan users. I just figured that this chapter confirmed it was Kaido who was doing that.

So now Ruffy's got a personal beef with Blackbeard, he's openly challenged Big Mom and he'll be taking on Kaido as part of his alliance with Law.
    Wow, can't believe I missed that. :)

Well, just like Luffy the moment he enters the New World, he proceeds to add people to his "needs an asskicking" list by various means, not that it bothers him.

Course, both Blackbeard and Akainu are in the top of that list for sure.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Ah. I at least hoped Doflamingo would show up by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So...

Eh, it's only the after-arc party/exposition chapter. I figured it'd be coming to that sooner or later. My only gripe is that-

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Ah. I at least hoped Doflamingo would show up by the end.
    Yup, that'd be it.

I wonder if Kaidou has some other ability that relates to his name. Like, hypnotizing animals or something (probably not as a devil fruit ability, just, a weird skill). So he keeps lots of animals with him and maybe had an entire crew of beasts.

Now, though, he needs a bit more of that to compete, so he's recruiting human soldiers, but he wants them to fit his animal theme, hence getting the artificial zoans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    I wonder if Kaidou has some other ability that relates to his name. Like, hypnotizing animals or something (probably not as a devil fruit ability, just, a weird skill). So he keeps lots of animals with him and maybe had an entire crew of beasts.

Now, though, he needs a bit more of that to compete, so he's recruiting human soldiers, but he wants them to fit his animal theme, hence getting the artificial zoans.
    I was thinking it'd be another Zoan, myself. Maybe some kinda ancient/mystical zoan type lion that can command 'lesser beasts'.