View Poll Results: Do you like Jubilee?

Voters
309. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I LOVE Jubilee, she's the BEST!

113 36.57%
  • I like Jubilee, she's a pretty good character.

121 39.16%
  • She's hit and miss.

49 15.86%
  • All miss, no hit.

26 8.41%
Page 94 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2019

Jubilee and the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    WHAT?!?!

Dazzler is a lead in UXM and we have an all-women X-title with a Wada alternate cover. I think I have gained the ability to make my fanfic a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Huh... I think the problem is that we have different definitions of the word "mom" -- you seem to think it involves giving up one's own life in favor of raising another, having her youth sapped from her, and, additionally, just being so exhausted all the time that she needs a break from time to time. ... or are you just explaining how the critics would view it? Either way, that's just not how I view being a mom at all, so alarm bells didn't ring in my head when I saw the word associated with Jubilee.

And lest we forget, Jubilee is not your typical teen mom. Maybe you're speaking of motherhood more from experience more than I am, but I never once for a moment thought that Jubilee being a mom (adoptive or not) would slow her down, and that's why I didn't have a problem with her becoming one. Like you, I have faith that Brian Wood will handle it correctly. ^^
    Mostly tackling critic's concerns there. I agree with you completely with what you just said. I am not a mom myself (almost all my friends are though) but I've been around enough moms to know that being a mother doesn't mean giving up living for yourself. There are some major adjustments but probably not on the scale some people are concerned with.

That's fantastic! And lol at the name... wonder if she named the kid and, if so, if she's a Lord of the Rings fan? ;D
    I was thinking that, or Ghostbusters 2, since there was a baby in that (even if that's not the baby's name in the movie.) I totally see her being a Ghostbusters nerd.

fairbourne! That has got to be the most awesome thing in the history of awesome things ever! ... or close. :P Thanks so much for sharing! ^^
    Oh no problem, I did graphic design professionally for 4 years, mostly focusing on album design so it was fun to flex those muscles again.

Haha, agreed. XD Especially with her vampiric-level sense of smell! Oh dear! ;D Wow, it's amazing that you remember that and agreed, the Totoro doll is a great fit for a gift from the character. ^.^
    Oh man, she'll smell a dirty diaper a mile away. And probably try to pass him off to Storm. "It pooped. Take it. TAKE IT!" At least that's the funny visual I keep getting. I reread Gen X constantly because it's my favorite series, so I remember tiny details like that. The Totoro doll is just the sweetest part of that pic.
    Last edited by fairbourne; 05-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fairbourne View Post
    Mostly tackling critic's concerns there. I agree with you completely with what you just said. I am not a mom myself (almost all my friends are though) but I've been around enough moms to know that being a mother doesn't mean giving up living for yourself. There are some major adjustments but probably not on the scale some people are concerned with.
    It's pretty clear, from the nature of the series, that Jubilee will still somehow fit in kicking ass amidst the far more difficult task of motherhood. But that leaves me wondering which x-man they trust the baby to while Jubilee is out doing hero stuff? Will this series continue the theme of defying gender-sterotypes by leaving the baby with Wolverine and Gambit while the x-men are out saving the day. :p

I was thinking that, or Ghostbusters 2, since there was a baby in that (even if that's not the baby's name in the movie.) I totally see her being a Ghostbusters nerd.
    Vigo the Carpathian?! Better keep him away from art exhibits and tv shows guest starring Peter MacNicol.

Oh man, she'll smell a dirty diaper a mile away. And probably try to pass him off to Storm. "It pooped. Take it. TAKE IT!" At least that's the funny visual I keep getting. I reread Gen X constantly because it's my favorite series, so I remember tiny details like that. The Totoro doll is just the sweetest part of that pic.
    Could also go the Wolverine meme way. "I've been changing him for the past month, bub... Now it's your turn."

Anyway, here's more art of the x-men v4 team, this time by Ryan Kelly. Not sure if this is fan-art or an actual cover... Ryan Kelly works with Wood on Star Wars, and issue 4 has an alt cover with artist "to be announced", so we'll see in August.

That Ryan Kelly drawing looks great.

That Hastings variant is all kinds of fab. Wednesday seems so far away. lol
    I should try and read Generation X, in the meantime. :)

You can tell that Jubilee is fairly new to the whole taking care of a baby thing. She's got to two most weaponized parts of a baby next to her face. The feet and the butt.
    Two black eyes, a bloody nose and several busted lips have taught me that the two most weaponized parts of a baby are the butt and the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    Vigo the Carpathian?! Better keep him away from art exhibits and tv shows guest starring Peter MacNicol.
    Wasn't that just Gainsborough's "Blue Boy"?

If you've never seen Ghostbusters 2 that reference may sail on past ya.

Hah! I could totally see that, too.

Lol, definitely sounds like something Jubes might say, at first. XD

It's pretty clear, from the nature of the series, that Jubilee will still somehow fit in kicking ass amidst the far more difficult task of motherhood. But that leaves me wondering which x-man they trust the baby to while Jubilee is out doing hero stuff? Will this series continue the theme of defying gender-sterotypes by leaving the baby with Wolverine and Gambit while the x-men are out saving the day. :p
    Hah! Or Chamber. Jason Aaron keeps forgetting he even works there, anyway.

Could also go the Wolverine meme way. "I've been changing him for the past month, bub... Now it's your turn."
    That would be a cute way to reference the Wolvie-Jubes bond, too. ;D

Anyway, here's more art of the x-men v4 team, this time by Ryan Kelly. Not sure if this is fan-art or an actual cover... Ryan Kelly works with Wood on Star Wars, and issue 4 has an alt cover with artist "to be announced", so we'll see in August.
    Very cool! The fashion-inspired cover is cool, too.

Nice, thanks for posting! They greenlighted the best out of the four concepts.

It's pretty clear, from the nature of the series, that Jubilee will still somehow fit in kicking ass amidst the far more difficult task of motherhood. But that leaves me wondering which x-man they trust the baby to while Jubilee is out doing hero stuff? Will this series continue the theme of defying gender-stereotypes by leaving the baby with Wolverine and Gambit while the x-men are out saving the day. :p
    And if they're anything like my husband she'll have to take a break from the ass-kicking every 15 minutes to call home and remind them to feed/change/burp the baby, else it may not be alive when you return.

Got X-Men No 1 Vol 4. It's great in many ways! I love the dialogues and art and the coloring is fantastic, but I do have a few issues. Jubilee has now vampiric powers right? That makes her fairly powerful in her own way, she got enhanced senses, strength and speed among other things.

Why was she so scared of being followed? Dis she somehow know he's a powerful being who she can't defeat? She claims she doesn't even know who he/she is. I do think she would try to find who's after her and be active instead of reactive about it. Maybe we'll get more enlightenment about this later on, but I don't think so.

Rogue says "protect Jubilee". I'd much rather have her saying "Jubilee, protect the baby." As we know, Jubes can stand her ground, she's fully trained and able. I do understand that making sure the baby is safe is a priority, so keeping Jubes safe is keeping him safe as well. Still...

Now, Wood says Rogue will be the power house. I really expected Jubilee to play a similar part since she is now a melee agent instead of a ranged damage dealer... so I'm not sure what her role is supposed to be her power-wise.

Any thoughts?

PS: I really wish wood (sorry, I mean Coipel) would draw the Epicanthic fold in Jubilee's eyes: the corner of her tear duct should finish with both eye folds meeting in a peak.
    Last edited by Walking_trope; 05-29-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking_trope View Post
    PS: I really wish wood would draw the Epicanthic fold in Jubilee's eyes: the corner of her tear duct should finish with both eye folds meeting in a peak.
    Wood doesn't draw anything, he's the writer. You're referring to Coipel, the artist. And the absence of that very minor detail doesn't detract anything from the issue for me.

You're right, I was distracted and confused the names.

I did a long review on my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking_trope View Post
    Got X-Men No 1 Vol 4. It's great in many ways! I love the dialogues and art and the coloring is fantastic, but I do have a few issues. Jubilee has now vampiric powers right? That makes her fairly powerful in her own way, she got enhanced senses, strength and speed among other things.

Why was she so scared of being followed? Dis she somehow know he's a powerful being who she can't defeat? She claims she doesn't even know who he/she is. I do think she would try to find who's after her and be active instead of reactive about it. Maybe we'll get more enlightenment about this later on, but I don't think so.

Rogue says "protect Jubilee". I'd much rather have her saying "Jubilee, protect the baby." As we know, Jubes can stand her ground, she's fully trained and able. I do understand that making sure the baby is safe is a priority, so keeping Jubes safe is keeping him safe as well. Still...
    I think what you're not taking into account here is that Jubilee had a baby in tow. Getting the baby to safety was the priority, not leaving the baby alone to confront someone potentially dangerous. If Jubilee was by herself, then sure, she'd probably confront the guy. But her fear/concern/worry isn't for herself, it's for the baby, so she has to keep moving, to the one place she feels safe, her home with her family, the X-Men.

So I think she's proactively moving to save the baby, not being reactive at all. Reactive would be more like waiting around for the guy to catch up with her, then deal with the situation -- while trying to keep the baby safe at the same time. Not good.

Re: Rogue's dialogue -- Jubilee is, in fact, fully trained and able. That's exactly why Rogue sees her priority -- and the others' priority -- as protecting Jubilee: so that she can protect the baby.

Cool review. :) Re: "OMG" -- maybe Kitty is a fan of Gossip Girl? I'm almost 30 myself and have said "OMG" a handful of times in my life, mostly due to that show, lol. I'm sure teenagers say it, too, but I agree that it's not really something someone of Kitty's age and experience would say. Still, Jubilee's only 17 (eternally...lol), so maybe she was talking that way to relate to her. Someone in the main X-Men review thread had a very good point about people's speech patterns at any moment being influenced by the people currently around them, so maybe that's what was going on.

Awesome review. You need to post a link to that in one of the related threads on the main board.