View Poll Results: Do you like Jubilee?

Voters
310. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I LOVE Jubilee, she's the BEST!

113 36.45%
  • I like Jubilee, she's a pretty good character.

122 39.35%
  • She's hit and miss.

49 15.81%
  • All miss, no hit.

26 8.39%
Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2021

I just realized something! Combine Jubilee's up beat personality with vamperism's evilness what do you get?

INSANITY WOLF!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insanity-wolf-10-2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	107950
    Alias Tenfists on Marvel message boards, same name at theforce.net

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Insanity Wolf brings back so many years of being 12. Suits the ever reaged Jubes.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    My favorite part of the Brian Wood Q&A:
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    10. What are vampire Jubilee's weaknesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    I've been very impressed with the effort Wood put into that thread, not only in doing the forum interview, but also handling some of the more "unique" questions like that with good humour.

Also had my question answered in that thread:

Hi Mr. Wood, thanks for taking the time for this!

Without getting spoilery, can you comment on whether Jubilee will be in full control of her vampirism, or will she still struggle to keep the "demon at bay"?
    Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    The way I'm approaching this, and apologies to those who have seen me say this elsewhere on these boards, is to treat the vampire stuff as a power set. So, instead of "vampire Jubilee" we'll have "Jubilee with vampire powers". I think the distinction is important.

b
    Wood's answer there gave me a lot of reasurance about the series, as that corrects what was missing in Gischler's adjectiveless. When I look at her X-23 appearances, Jubilee was written as Jubilee, with the vampire bit just informing a few of her decisions. Even Wolverine and Jubilee, which dealt with Jubilee struggling to deal with her new situation, had its characterisation feel more like a really angry Jubilee (in some ways similar to how she was upon finding out her parents were murdered), rather than being directly attributable to being a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I just realized something! Combine Jubilee's up beat personality with vamperism's evilness what do you get?

INSANITY WOLF!

Name:	insanity-wolf-10-2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	107950
    Heh. Though I'd prefer memes that focus on Jubilee being completely contrary to convention, whilest still successful, rather than evil. So, referencing X-23 10-12 and 20:

Quote Originally Posted by Candylyn View Post
    Oh FYI, I am pregnant; 14 weeks today.
    Congratualations
    Last edited by Herring; 02-02-2013 at 12:54 AM.

I am happy Brian Wood is making the distinction that this will not be Vampire Jubilee but Jubilee with Vampire Powers. Vampire Jubile implies cliche after really bad cliche. Jubilee with Vampire Powers mean more ammo for Jubilee to deal with bigger baddies with all that flair and personality we love her for. I like Brian Wood's work. He can think out of the box if allowed. Allowed meaning editors should leave him bee.

::blush:: Thanks btw
    I am a Mom now... I don't have time for your crappy X-movies Bryan Singer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candylyn View Post
    Oh FYI, I am pregnant; 14 weeks today.
    Congratulations Candylyn!!

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but does Jubliee have her mutant powers back? There are what look to be her light bursts on the cover of X-Men #1. Did Hope and Scarlet Witch restore her powers with the Phoenix?

EDITED: Never mind, I see it was discussed a couple of pages ago, without conclusion.
    Last edited by saucemaster; 02-04-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but does Jubliee have her mutant powers back? There are what look to be her light bursts on the cover of X-Men #1. Did Hope and Scarlet Witch restore her powers with the Phoenix?

EDITED: Never mind, I see it was discussed a couple of pages ago, without conclusion.
    She was not re-powered. I'm pretty sure that no one who was de-powered because of M Day got their powers back. Any imagery with her having her old powers are IMO the artists choice and nostalgia.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Yeah, the Dodson cover is a nostalgic variant. She continues, however, to be awesome.

And, finally, Jubilee avatar from Amanda Conner's upcoming X-Men #2 variant cover.

Feel free to nab it.

Name:	XMAV003.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	108259
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Yay Blue Eyes! Though I believe now her eyes are supposed to be red, but very neat cover and spiffy avatar :)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Glad someone remembered she had blue eyes. And they only turn red once in a while.

I hate low-ponytails TotallyJubilant's Avatar

Jubilee never had blue eyes, so I don't know why you guys are happy. That's just a terrible mistake.
    Yeah, it happened all the time in the 90s with her, just like with Rogue, Wolverine and numerous other characters back then.

Her eyes were always listed as brown, not blue.
    This artist/colourist should be embarrassed.

Why should they be embarrassed? It may just be an homage to the 90's. As you stated, Jube was depicted with blue eyes on many occasions back then. So you can't honestly say she "never had blue eyes". I don't see an issue with it. Personally I don't care what color eyes she's depicted with, she's awesome either way.

I hate low-ponytails TotallyJubilant's Avatar

Yeah, but it was a colouring mistake back then just like how Rogue often had blue eyes, too. Jubilee was always officially listed as having brown eyes.
    Why would anyone homage an error? Clearly the artist didn't use very many references because even the colours on Jube's outfit are wrong. She made them salmon coloured as if she just looked at Dodson's recent colour --which had Jubilee wearing the same incorrect colour-- and went from there.
    I'm a character designer myself, so seeing such glaring errors annoys me, and the blue eyes thing is the mistake that makes so many people assume Jubilee is either Caucasian or half-caucasian. This has nothing to do with whether or not Jubilee is "awesome", it has to do with her getting depicted appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyJubilant View Post
    Yeah, but it was a colouring mistake back then just like how Rogue often had blue eyes, too. Jubilee was always officially listed as having brown eyes.
    Why would anyone homage an error? Clearly the artist didn't use very many references because even the colours on Jube's outfit are wrong. She made them salmon coloured as if she just looked at Dodson's recent colour --which had Jubilee wearing the same incorrect colour-- and went from there.
    I'm a character designer myself, so seeing such glaring errors annoys me, and the blue eyes thing is the mistake that makes so many people assume Jubilee is either Caucasian or half-caucasian. This has nothing to do with whether or not Jubilee is "awesome", it has to do with her getting depicted appropriately.
    It isn't a big issue. It shouldn't be. Personally, I was a fan of Jubilee's blue eyes way back in the day. I also like her with brown eyes.
    Some artists depict her as a horrifying she beast of a vampire on cover images (see X-23 comic covers for an example,) whereas other artists make vampire Jubilee appear like a normal human. Just interpretation.

Also, X-Men comics used to feature an 'ask the author' section at the back of every issue in the 90s. One of the writers from Generation X got a question about Jubilee's ever changing eyes. He replied that, even though they were technically brown, a girl has every right to expirament with different colored contact lenses if she so chooses to.
    I could argue that, in the official handbook from Marvel in 1989, Jubilee's eyes were listed as hazel... but really it just doesn't matter to me.