View Poll Results: Do you like Jubilee?

Voters
308. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I LOVE Jubilee, she's the BEST!

112 36.36%
  • I like Jubilee, she's a pretty good character.

121 39.29%
  • She's hit and miss.

49 15.91%
  • All miss, no hit.

26 8.44%
Page 74 of 135 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The most interesting potential romance so far has been Jubes and Laura, I think. Chock-full of "shocking encounters!"
    Hmmm... they would be an interesting couple. The two cool chicks against a world that fears and hates them for multiple reason: a razor clawed mutant, a fang barring vampire and they are lesbians/bi-sexual/whatever. I cannot even imagine Logan's reaction.
    I am a Mom now... I don't have time for your crappy X-movies Bryan Singer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candylyn View Post
    Now I would love to see her with Kid Omega. She is a little bit older than he is but I think she could reign him in a bit and the conversations would be interesting to say the least if a really good writer got their hands on the pair. The occasional slap to the back of head would work too.

Who do you think?
    Noooooo! Kid Omega, for all his supposed intelligence, is a disrespectful poser with his rip the system slogans. I don't want Jubilee to end up with someone who'd involve themselves in the occupy wallstreet movement.

The most interesting potential romance so far has been Jubes and Laura, I think. Chock-full of "shocking encounters!"
    Jubilee/Laura actually has the most legitimate chemistry of anything so far (though part of that may be them being written by a romance novelist). We need more scenes of them going shopping together and hanging out. I think I preferred those parts to the actual "shocking confrontations".

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_boyfriend View Post
    Jubilee was written well with Rockslide in 'Wolverine and Jubilee...' so that could be a potential friendship of sorts.
    I don't like the idea of her with Rockslide as anything but a friend. He doesn't even have junk! (lol)
    LOL.

Immonen seemed to write Rockslide with a different personality in Wolverine and Jubilee to his other appearances. Normally he seems to feel the need to drop objectifying comments all the time. In W&J, he really cleans himself up and tries to be a sensitive (if somewhat stupid) friend. The only way to really resolve that is if Jubilee was the first legitmate crush for rockslide, and the other stuff was just bravado designed to compensate of certain other "deficiencies". :p

Though I still think he's too stupid for her. And it's canon that Rockslide, who can't normally stop talking about sex, thinks Jubilee is "too much action" for him. :p
    Last edited by Herring; 06-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.

IMO, synch would have been nice but his chance at getting resurrected are low. No to Kid Omega who Aaron is probably going to put with Idie and No way to Rockslide, too dumb.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    IMO, synch would have been nice but his chance at getting resurrected are low. No to Kid Omega who Aaron is probably going to put with Idie and No way to Rockslide, too dumb.
    Oh I wanted Idie with Broo... Hmmm, Jubilee and Deadpool? Naw she'd blow his mind and he would really be a mess then.

Jubilee and X-23 cameo from Astonishing X-Men #51 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post

Wait.... am I seeing this right? Is that from Marjorie Liu's title- the wedding with Northstar and his bf? Do Jubilee and Laura appear anywhere else in that issue?
    The art is amazing, btw... and it is great to see them both together in Marjorie's title. Any word on more appearances?

Thanks for this! Made my day! :)

Wait.... am I seeing this right? Is that from Marjorie Liu's title- the wedding with Northstar and his bf? Do Jubilee and Laura appear anywhere else in that issue?
    The art is amazing, btw... and it is great to see them both together in Marjorie's title. Any word on more appearances?

Thanks for this! Made my day! :)
    That's pretty much it. She is visible in the background in the crowd in one other panel, but no other speaking parts.

Herring, thank you for sharing the pix.

Awesome! I know it's just 'cos Liu wrote them in the X-23 series, but do I sense a bit of subtext in putting them together in a gay wedding issue? Lol. shocking confrontations!

Awesome! I know it's just 'cos Liu wrote them in the X-23 series, but do I sense a bit of subtext in putting them together in a gay wedding issue? Lol. shocking confrontations!
    LOL. No, I honestly don't think that is what Liu is intending to do... she just loves Jubilee and X-23, and felt like using them in her big gay wedding issue. They already have history of being 'besties,' so it is very appropriate for them to appear on panel together. Plus, neither one of them are currently on an X-team... Jubilee being with the Forgiven and X being with the Avengers Academy. It makes sense for the two 'non-current' team members to be interacting with one another like they are the outsiders of the bunch.

Not that I'm against gays in comics (seriously, as I'm myself bi/gay,) but I don't feel that Jubilee is playing for the other team. I wouldn't be opposed to reading about Jubilee and a female love interest, I just don't think it is going to happen.

I wouldn't be opposed to reading about Jubilee and a female love interest, I just don't think it is going to happen.
    The idea of Laura and Jubilation being together is growing on me. The whole opposites attract thing. Plus Logan's reaction is either going to be priceless or complete indifference. Jubilation has never been written with a true love interest for any longer than one story arc or miniseries. She needs one and I think of all the people in the Marvel U, Jubes is a good fit for Laura too.

Thank you Liu.

LOL. No, I honestly don't think that is what Liu is intending to do... she just loves Jubilee and X-23, and felt like using them in her big gay wedding issue. They already have history of being 'besties,' so it is very appropriate for them to appear on panel together. Plus, neither one of them are currently on an X-team... Jubilee being with the Forgiven and X being with the Avengers Academy. It makes sense for the two 'non-current' team members to be interacting with one another like they are the outsiders of the bunch.

Not that I'm against gays in comics (seriously, as I'm myself bi/gay,) but I don't feel that Jubilee is playing for the other team. I wouldn't be opposed to reading about Jubilee and a female love interest, I just don't think it is going to happen.
    When someone recently pointed out in a Liu X-Position that Jubilee was currently writer-less, Liu promised to look into it. Maybe this was her reaction. I really would like to see Jubes jump over to Astonishing as she would be a perfect addition to that already odd cast. If nothing else, a jaunt over to Avengers Academy to visit X-23 and Penance/Hollow would be cool. Maybe that's what they were discussing in the tree. ;P

Have not read the issues of X-23 with Jubes. Do they have a chemistry together in those issues? I would not mind if Jubes became bi/gay, as long as she gets more panel time. Maybe it would give her something to talk with Northstar about over in Astonishing. :D

Aside from X-23, I would also be ok with her dating older women like Karma or Kitty.

LOL, yeah, I just thought it'd be fun to say/imagine. ;D The only thing better than seeing Jubilee and X-23 as besties is seeing Jubilee and Penance as besties.

I think Jubilee is open-minded and free-spirited enough that if the right girl came along, she'd be up for it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Candylyn View Post
    The idea of Laura and Jubilation being together is growing on me. The whole opposites attract thing. Plus Logan's reaction is either going to be priceless or complete indifference. Jubilation has never been written with a true love interest for any longer than one story arc or miniseries. She needs one and I think of all the people in the Marvel U, Jubes is a good fit for Laura too.
    Agreed! Although I think you're agreeing with me, so me agreeing with you agreeing with me is kind of... circular. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    If nothing else, a jaunt over to Avengers Academy to visit X-23 and Penance/Hollow would be cool. Maybe that's what they were discussing in the tree. ;P

Have not read the issues of X-23 with Jubes. Do they have a chemistry together in those issues? I would not mind if Jubes became bi/gay, as long as she gets more panel time. Maybe it would give her something to talk with Northstar about over in Astonishing. :D
    Don't get my hopes up, though that would be cool, re: them conversing about Penance/Hollow at some point. XD

As for X-23 and Jubes having chemistry in the X-23, the answer is yes! Loads of it! Maybe someone else can post a relevant scan or two, lol.

I maintain that the whole X-twenty Lee thing is a conspiracy by Liu/Takeda/Noto/Editors to try and create the equivalent of DC's often implied but usually offically denied "Harley and Ivy".

As for X-23 and Jubes having chemistry in the X-23, the answer is yes! Loads of it! Maybe someone else can post a relevant scan or two, lol.
    LOL. "Someone else" might post some scans. I bow to peer pressure. :p

Anyway.... It's legitimately difficult to figure out what scans to post to show Jubilee and X-23. The last half of X-23 #10, pretty much all of X-23 #11, and a big chunk of X-23 #12 is related to Jubes and Laura. Not to mention #20.

Almost the entire neck-licking saga can be found in x-23 #11's preview (Marvel knows what to post to draw an audience). So I'll post something a little more subtle: Jubilee taking X-23 shopping.

The rest of this post is contains commentary which some may consider trolling, not unlike 95% of the other content on CBR. All things considered it might be better just to look at the scans and ignore the text entirely ;)

Fun fact: I almost misspelled the names of the image files, but quickly realised I'd put an "I" where there should be an "O". They now read "x2311shopping" :p

As our story begins we find Jubilee telling Laura that she should try on a dress as she'd look "hot" in it. While SOME might insinuate something from this, others would be quick to point out that it's as innocuous as "a hetrosexual guy (telling) a hetrosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly". Also Jubilee is using her vampire status as an excuse to wear a completely awesome hat.

Here Jubilee's up to her old tricks: forcing others to dress up in clothes they find awkward, so that they can progress on the journey to inner peace. Also, since Jubilee is now inside, she doesn't need to wear the hat. Instead, it is put to the higher purpose of emasculating Wolverine. Wolverine is naturally too terrified to take it off while Jubilee is in the same room.

From what I understand from various animu, Japanese society is a little more hands-on between members of the same gender. So it would be entirely improper to read anything into Sana Takeda's art here: particularly Jubilee grabbing what can be charitably designated Laura's "lower back area" while saying "Tell me I'm real". Similarly, the fact that Jubilee apparently stays in the changing room while Laura gets changed (in spite of not wanting to try the dress on herself) should not be read into. It's just a way of saving page space, as it would be wasteful to show them both leave separately. I'm sure anyone who tries to imply otherwise is reaching :p
    Last edited by Herring; 06-29-2012 at 12:28 AM.