View Poll Results: Do you like Jubilee?

Voters
309. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I LOVE Jubilee, she's the BEST!

113 36.57%
  • I like Jubilee, she's a pretty good character.

121 39.16%
  • She's hit and miss.

49 15.86%
  • All miss, no hit.

26 8.41%
Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Is it just me, or has Wolverine been a complete ass to Jubilee through the mini?

I get being gruff is a large part of his characterization, but he's constantly berating and physically assaulting a mentally traumatized teenage girl who he considers his daughter.

What a dick.
    Last edited by Apathy Lad; 04-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

Chracteriztion can be like that some times.
    Alias Tenfists on Marvel message boards, same name at theforce.net

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    Is it just me, or has Wolverine been a complete ass to Jubilee through the mini?

I get being gruff is a large part of his characterization, but he's constantly berating and physically assaulting a mentally traumatized teenage girl who he considers his daughter.

What a dick.
    No argument here.
    I completely enjoyed the first issue but found issues #2 and #3 not as interesting.
    Noto's art has been consistently stellar though.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

What a dick.
    From what I've read, I agree. D: It's completely wrong. And to think, Jubilee was there for him when he needed her.

Awww.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-17-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Isn't Jubilee suppose to be 5'5 and Logan 5 zip?

why is he towering over her?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Isn't Jubilee suppose to be 5'5 and Logan 5 zip?

why is he towering over her?
    At this point, Wolverine was devolving into a feral creature, which greatly altered his physiology.
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

What a dick.
    Everyone's being a jerk to her except Rockslide and maybe Pixie. The other New X-Men kids seem to really hate her. Emma's reaction to her seems to be summed up as "suck it up, you wuss". Logan's treated her like crap.

She's been technically killed and turned into an undead monster with a thirst for human blood and only the fairy girl with a chunk of her soul missing and the guy who looks like a rock golem. The only people with any sympathy toward the teenage monster are the other (sorta) teenage monsters.

I dropped the mini after the second issue, so I don't know if that's changed any though.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

I can understand how you feel Wolverine is kinda mean to Jubilee in this series... I've felt that way a few times. However, he has truly shown that he cares for her by his actions as of recent.
    The series started off with the two of them both being kinda stand-offish towards one another. Now they seem to both care. Logan wants Jubilee to be safe from the alternate dimension and also to start loving herself. Jubilee wants Logan to treat her like more of an adult- but also at times reaches out to him for support- like any daughter would do.
    That is my take on it, anyways.

Still Jubilee should be collecting a List of people she needs to blast through a wall when she gets better.

0) Xarus
    1)Emma
    2) Logan

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_boyfriend View Post
    I can understand how you feel Wolverine is kinda mean to Jubilee in this series... I've felt that way a few times. However, he has truly shown that he cares for her by his actions as of recent.
    The series started off with the two of them both being kinda stand-offish towards one another. Now they seem to both care. Logan wants Jubilee to be safe from the alternate dimension and also to start loving herself. Jubilee wants Logan to treat her like more of an adult- but also at times reaches out to him for support- like any daughter would do.
    Hmmh.
    This is a good take on what's happened so far.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

Spoilers from Wolverine and Jubilee #4, which was a very good read:

Jubilee now has the ability to 'decorporealize,' as Emma Frost put it. This basically means that Jubilee can, for some unknown reason, dematerialize in the form of a smoky/mist version of herself... and then reappear in her physical body.

Jubilee's Powers/Abilities now include:
    Super Strength
    Super Speed
    Durability
    Healing Factor (Logan's blood,)- also enables her to go out in weak sunlight
    Vampirism- can turn others into a vampire
    Decorporealization/Dematerialization- basically means she can vanish into a cloudy version of herself and can reappear unharmed

Jubilee now has the ability to 'decorporealize,' as Emma Frost put it. This basically means that Jubilee can, for some unknown reason, dematerialize in the form of a smoky/mist version of herself... and then reappear in her physical body.
    The vampire Monet fought in Generation X had that ability, hmm.

Jubilee's Powers/Abilities now include:
    Super Strength
    Super Speed
    Durability
    Healing Factor (Logan's blood,)- also enables her to go out in weak sunlight
    Vampirism- can turn others into a vampire
    Decorporealization/Dematerialization- basically means she can vanish into a cloudy version of herself and can reappear unharmed

So that’s it?

I always thought with these mutant characters, the best part was watching them grow, learning to lead, or creatively interpret orders. And watching them use these powers they had for years, and slowly gain mastery over them.

Skin going from bemoaning his shitty powers set, and learning minor shape shifting talents. In X-man #50 when he wrapped his hands like leather balls and socked Hemmingway straight in the face. In Generation X 73, you see his growth sparring with Banshee, discussing his life’s choices. Then watching him through use of his powers, help save banshee, Like in the similar way he and Chamber were ambushed by the X-cutioner, except he was fighting to save someone else instead of his own hide.

The Generation X 99 Annual, “Family Business” , multiple pencil artists so it rather rough. But the story something else. Feaber puts his spin on the whole dead parents, changing the story from two incompetent hit-men to an actual reasoned arranged killing.

In letter to her parents, on the anniversary of their deaths, she goes through the remains of her photo’s (Made more poignant as in a later book they will all be torched), she sees a someone her full team fought with to which could generously be called a draw.

After a final conversation with the teammate she is closest to, she goes off to investigate Brawn. She executes all the skills she’s learned. Preparation, Gymnastics, Power use.

The power usage, how she holds back against living opponents, flashing lights against dogs. Disintegrating a lock that is hard enough to brake bolt cutters. Frightening a crony, Blasting through a tree, but only peppering Brawns powerd thug. Blasting a Ceiling down on Brawn, then blasting herself free of Brawns hold and knocking him back. And in the end after Paige and Synch end the fight, she actually charges up and blows straight through past the roof of Brawns compound past a structure that could be a chimney or a wall, several meters pass that into the sky.

She’s not even tired, she could have done that the entire time but she chose not to.

The Characters, she spends time with. Are the characters that she has forged a strong relationship with. Her best friends Husk and Synch, enforcing her connection with the present rather than relying on her connection with Wolverine.

That is what made jubilee a great character, the growth, the development of her relationships? No t fad base deus ex machina magic powers. Like OMD and M-day? Awesomeness is overwhelming.

And to watch all Jubilee was washed away and ignored…for a fad?
    This is a good thing?
    And expansion of her character instead of a regression back to wolverines side kick? Or characters that didn’t even exist 10 years ago? Now that she of Dracula’s bloodline she’s awesome?

Just like Xarus was Awesome? Or his just a irrelevant older brother? Like Dracula himself has ever been relevant, as marvel tries to push him to be the next big baddie, after the next crappy assed crossover?

Futures so bright you gotta’ ware shades. Or maybe asbestos.

BANNED

We all understand that your upset that Jubilee no longer is a sparkler pafing teen. Please, stop being such a dweeb. Her character is still the same. IF you took off your giant pink sunglasses you'd realize this.

I actually didn't have too much of a problem with how Wolverine acted. I guess I saw some strong parallels between what Jubilee was suffering and addiction (just read where she talks about "crashing", seeing the world through glass etc and how stroppy and irrational she is when they find her in the cargo container - its almost textbook drug addict behaviour; you also have the fact that vampires are classically metaphors for addiction). There were also strong parallels with depression. In both cases you often need a tough love approach, which I felt was just as hard on Wolverine as it was on Jubilee.

And really, if someone decides to suddenly drop everything they are doing and go to Siberia just to help you out, they can't be all prick.
    Last edited by Herring; 04-24-2011 at 07:42 AM.