View Poll Results: Do you like Jubilee?

Voters
309. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I LOVE Jubilee, she's the BEST!

113 36.57%
  • I like Jubilee, she's a pretty good character.

121 39.16%
  • She's hit and miss.

49 15.86%
  • All miss, no hit.

26 8.41%
Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I love Jubilee; always have. I wish they'd give her powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    How were you first introduced to Jubilee?

For me, it was the animated series in the 90s.
    I was first introduced to her by the cartoon series. However, I first began to like her after a neighbor of mine gave me two things: The 1998 Marvel Handbook Update and Uncanny X-Men Annual '89. Between the two of them, I got a better feel for Jubilee's comic book background. I loved the whole backstory with her being orphaned and spending some time in juvenile hall then running away to the mall and finally living under the Australia base before becoming an official X-Man. I'm a sucker for the whole "clever street kid with a heart of gold" archetype. So, I liked the comic kid who seemed surprisingly capable of fending for herself much more than the cartoon version who seemed to constantly require babysitting. Now, she's a favorite character of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Considering Bohunk is a derogatory term for Eastern Europeans, if I'm not mistaken... that should not be her catchphrase.
    The way I see it.

Jubilee visits/joins (I wish) X-Factor, calls Guido a bohunk under the impression it has a different meaning, is corrected by M who rolls her eyes at her, Jubilee then gets annoyed by M.

I would pay to see a book with those three interacting.

I used to like Jubilee a lot, but I don't think she would fit in quite as well anymore with all these new younger sidekicks running around, plus the return of Kitty coming soon. (not to mention Dazzler, Dagger power set wise)

If she does eventually come back (which doesn't look like anytime soon according to her latest story in Nation X) I hope she's finally repowered.

Are Jubilation and Tabitha bff's? For some reason I picture that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Im waiting for her and Kitty to team up and go Hellfire on Pixie....
    lol I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTVS View Post
    I wish they'd give her powers back.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    I used to like Jubilee a lot, but I don't think she would fit in quite as well anymore with all these new younger sidekicks running around, plus the return of Kitty coming soon. (not to mention Dazzler, Dagger power set wise)

If she does eventually come back (which doesn't look like anytime soon according to her latest story in Nation X) I hope she's finally repowered.
    The writers are stumped on how to write an adult Jubilee. She hasnt made the best transition from bratty teen to adult within the X books like Kitty and the New Mutants did. I still kinda view her as a kid even though she has grown up. She really dont have a "role" anymore bc she's in a weird transition stage. As you mention, the New X-men haven take the place that she once served and while having history within the X-men, she really hasnt elevated into ranks as a senior member, in part bc deciMation put an abrupt halt to that. Her piece in Nation X was a nice little send off but I dont see much being done with her character until some writer that just loves her comes along
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-01-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puunk View Post
    Are Jubilation and Tabitha bff's? For some reason I picture that.
    They hung out once. X-Force and Generation X got together in X-Force 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The writers are stumped on how to write an adult Jubilee. She hasnt made the best transition from bratty teen to adult within the X books like Kitty and the New Mutants did. I still kinda view her as a kid even though she has grown up. She really dont have a "role" anymore bc she's in a weird transition stage. As you mention, the New X-men haven take the place that she once served and while having history within the X-men, she really hasnt elevated into ranks as a senior member, in part bc deciMation but an abrupt halt to that. Her piece in Nation X was a nice little send off but I dont see much being done with her character until some writer that just loves her comes along
    Y'know, probably the most logical role for her to take up would be for her to be the new "wild card" for the X-Men. I mean, look at her personality and background. Troubled, semi-criminal background? She was a teenage runaway, so that'll work. Healthy disrespect for authority? Check. She could be what Hawkeye was in the early days of the Avengers. The loud-mouthed, cocky, hot-headed rabble-rouser. Just imagine her getting up in Cyke's face and calling him on his bull. Heck, in her earliest days with the X-Men she was even placed on the Blue Team, which had all the team crazies on it. Unfortunately, no one wants to give characters like Rogue, Gambit and Wolverine competition on that front.

This is my opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post

I LOVED Jubilee in Generation X, but I've started to question how she'd squirm her way back into relevancy, especially up against Kitty and Boom Boom.

Tabby lucked out; she was stepped it up in Nextwave while Jubilee was wig shopping with the bald headed buccis in New Warriors.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

<3333333333333

Poll of the Day!

What should Jubilee do next?

Reform Madripoor Trio

Star in a Wolverine book

Wait for a Generation X reunion

Become X-wallpaper

Join and remain with NYX

Join X-Factor

OTHER...

Madripoor trio! Id love it if she and Psylocke became semi-permanent supporting characters in Wolverine or Wolverine Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Madripoor trio! Id love it if she and Psylocke became semi-permanent supporting characters in Wolverine or Wolverine Origins.
    That period was when I liked Jubilee the best. I liked the dynamic between her and Psylocke especially.
    Radiant Butterfly
    明亮的蝴蝶

Dazzler's Glitterati | Psylocke's Psquadron

"Oh eurazn. You make the world a better place." - slacker

Madripoor trio or put her in a Wolverine book.