Page 150 of 285 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4267

I saw Prometheus tonight

It was bleak, atmosphere strong as the first two aliens movies in the first half of the film but not great like them. Little different film, less Aliens monster horror/action. Interesting bleak SF you dont see often in big budget films or indie SF films.

I enjoyed more until the weak ending.

Noomi Rapace had terrible,at times annoying Brit accent that makes swedish actors look bad. She isnt Ingrid Bergman exactly either in swedish actress talent wise.

Idris Alba did the best job of the actors and then Fassbender.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I watched Man on a Ledge last night. Despite being predictable, I thought it was a decent enough thriller.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I watched Man on a Ledge last night. Despite being predictable, I thought it was a decent enough thriller.
    For a bit I thought you were talking about Man on Wire, and I was like, "What?"

The Avengers: for the 8th time, whoa, this movie could be the Marvel event of a lifetime.

Men in Black III: Better than part 2 but not as good as part 1, it does have it's moments.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServoFan View Post
    The Avengers: for the 8th time, whoa, this movie could be the Marvel event of a lifetime.

Men in Black III: Better than part 2 but not as good as part 1, it does have it's moments.
    You've watched it 8 times...why? I watched a tiny bit of it for a second time on youtube, even more stupid crap jumps out at you on a second viewing. Like, I didn't really notice it the first time, but Strak really loves to give people movie nicknames, I think in the span of 5 minutes he gives 3 of the Avengers stupid nicknames. It just made me think: NO Whedon, you do not do the same thing in the same way so close to each other, you pick the one that's funniest, and you cut the other two, that's a bad writer Joss Whedon, bad writer. Only watched a few bits at the start before turning it off to watch tv.

Watching it again also really made me realise that a lot of the look, not all, but a lot of the movie looks like he just watched a bunch of Bay movies before filming.

Watched Tyrannosaur, starts a little slow but it's a really great movie. Pretty much a very british noir, with a main character who's like a realistic version of Sin City's Marv.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by horshbox View Post
    Saw Prometheus last night. Won't ruin it for anyone but if you are hyped for it lower your expectations greatly. One of the biggest let downs ever, only saving grace of the film is any scene Michael Fassbender is in as he just is amazing in it. Everything else is just a mess and the film really annoyed me as a fan of Alien.
    Yeah, this is what I've been sensing from all the footage and such, so it went from must see to wait to rent.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    You've watched it 8 times...why? I watched a tiny bit of it for a second time on youtube, even more stupid crap jumps out at you on a second viewing. Like, I didn't really notice it the first time, but Strak really loves to give people movie nicknames, I think in the span of 5 minutes he gives 3 of the Avengers stupid nicknames. It just made me think: NO Whedon, you do not do the same thing in the same way so close to each other, you pick the one that's funniest, and you cut the other two, that's a bad writer Joss Whedon, bad writer. Only watched a few bits at the start before turning it off to watch tv.

Watching it again also really made me realise that a lot of the look, not all, but a lot of the movie looks like he just watched a bunch of Bay movies before filming.
    While I won't bash Whedon for his lack of wit (a couple of bits made me chuckle), I have much bigger issues with his villain choices and going way overboard with Black Widow. As I've said before I understand why these choices were made, but to be fair, I think Joss did a great job with Banner/Hulk, Iron Man and esp. Captain America (which I was relieved by given some of the problems with Cap's film), but then he does have three excellent actors playing those parts, so that is part of it.

Joss isn't my cup of tea by a long shot, but at least he did some Avenger-like things with IM, Hulk and Cap. That I can find some good in his Avengers works for me. But like you, I won't be crying if he isn't back in any capacity for the sequel.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    For a bit I thought you were talking about Man on Wire, and I was like, "What?"
    I'll make you go "What?" then: Man on Wire is the most overrated documentary of the last few years, easily.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I watched two movies last night.

John Carter which I really liked.

Safe House which I thought was okay despite picking out the "real" bad guy within minutes.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ganga & Hess - didn't like it. Too artsy-fartsy for me and the plot point is given away the very beginning. (Too bad, I like Duane Jones in Night of the Living Dead and looked forward to seeing this.) As far as alternative vampire takes, my favorites are still Martin and Near Dark.

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - another 70s genre film I didn't like. No likable characters and way too predictable.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Prometheus
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Sunshine
    Danny Boyle does Sci-Fi Thriller and he does it well. Really enjoyed this. Cilian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh, Chris Evans and Mark Strong star. Nuking the Sun to save mankind. Cool concepts, cool twists, lots of suspense up there in space. Check it out if you are like me and missed it the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Sunshine
    Danny Boyle does Sci-Fi Thriller and he does it well. Really enjoyed this. Cilian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh, Chris Evans and Mark Strong star. Nuking the Sun to save mankind. Cool concepts, cool twists, lots of suspense up there in space. Check it out if you are like me and missed it the first time around.
    Also has an awesome score by John Murphy and Underworld!
    If you think this is over then you're wrong
    -Separator (Radiohead)

It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
    -Jacob (Lost)