Page 213 of 286 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4282

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    No I sat through thinking how could they mess up this movie, same goes for the Decent, the 2nd one doesn't match up
    Well, the movie looked pretty horrible from the trailer. If I remember right, it made it look like some half-assed Predator with mutant hillbillies...which I guess makes is like a Z version of Southern Comfort.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 02-12-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Seven Psychopaths. Fun, clever flick. Darker/more serious than I expected, and reminiscent of Pulp Fiction. Christopher Walken steals every scene.

Drag Me to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Well, the movie looked pretty horrible from the trailer. If I remember right, it made it look like some half-assed Predator with mutant hillbillies...which I guess makes is like a Z version of Southern Comfort.
    The Hillbillies were not scary like part one, they looked like bums on the rampage vs lost Dessert Army trainees. The whole hunter prey thing doesn't work in the broad day light with nothing but sand and rocks to hide behind. The Wilderness works much better. I wouldnt call it Z equality I'd call it DTV for sure, felt cheap also.

Salt
    Solid action thriller with Angelina Jolie playing a Bourne type character (with some Black Widow thrown in.) I enjoyed how cold and cutthroat the character was in stopping the conspiracy, enacting revenge. I'd be down for a sequel.

Buried
    90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds stuck inside a coffin, in the dark. And somehow, it is downright intense and moves along briskly even with the action literally contained to a confined space and dialogue carried out over a cell phone. I have heard it was Hitchcockian and there is something to that. Better than I expected. Reynolds is able to carry the load here. Interesting film, worth checking out to see how they pulled it off.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Paranormal Activity 4- What a waste. Very disappointed in this one....worst one of the bunch, IMO. The first one is still the best (usually is).

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Heathers
    Picked this up on blu ray from the $5 rack at the local big box store. I hadn't seen it in years, way back when I was a young impressionable preteen with a Winona Ryder crush. Well both still hold up. Winona Ryder, Christian Slater going crazy Nicholson mode and super bitchy Shannen Doherty as a Heather in the darkest of teen comedies. It is still one of the best teen films IMO. The colors, the characters...how very! And yep, it may have needed a little rekindling but still crushing on Winona Ryder. I know she is in the Iceman/Kuklinski film coming out soon, looking forward to that, and hope we see more of her in feature roles again. She was great in Black Swan. So anyways, if you missed this one or perhaps weren't around for the lates 80s/ early 90s...do yourself a solid and check it out. Films like Mean Girls owe a lot to Heathers.
    Agree 100%! I never saw this when it came out, so I checked it out last year on Netflix. I didn't even notice the color thing until my girlfriend pointed it out.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

BANNED

Hard Boiled, a true action classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Hard Boiled, a true action classic.
    Oh yeah. It's been a while since I watched this or The Killer..but yes, those are epic.

BANNED

At first i tought the babies should not be in the movie but at the end i realised they actually made it better.

Queens of Evil (again) - very anti-hippie dark fantasy where three beautiful witches lure a lone hippie lad into their groovy pad in the middle of some forest. Yeah, there's Hansel & Gretyl references and many other things, but the kicker is these women represent the elder status quo (and their master Satan) and do everything they can to tempt the hippie out of his free love ways. It is a very scathing look at how some Italians felt about the hippies (many of the Eurocult directors mocked and/or outwardly loathed them)...

I really must watch Naschy's El Caminante too (so glad that has English subs)...

Future viewing:

After playing catch up with Arrow this weekend (yay NO Huntress!), I will be giving Mario Bava my time again, despite my misgivings over many of the films I've seen previously. I've replaced three of them this morning. I just can't stop thinking of Bava and all the many neat things he did for genre/horror cinema in general. Sometimes it takes me several viewings to understand or come to enjoy a particular film etc. As an practical FX junkie, I don't see why I wouldn't like more of his films anyway.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Blue Velvet - One of my supermost favorite films. Intoxicating visual, musical, and intellectual experience.

The Big Heat - The great Fritz Lang dishes up a gritty and subtlely subversive crime drama. Makes Glenn Ford badass, which is hard.

The Church - Very good italian horror flick by Michele Soavi, Argento's pal. Like with Bava, I love gothic horror films.

The 39 Steps - Classic Hitchcock, before he came to the U.S. The Fugitive with H.Ford is basically a tribute to it and other "wrong man" Hitchcock films. The villain looks like FDR.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

I wanted to watch The Church not long ago after seeing it that Michele Soavi did it, but it was taken off Netflix by that point. I kept meaning to watch it even before that, but I got burned so bad by the awful Michael Mann snooze fest The Keep that I just kept putting off seeing The Church.

W.
    Without getting into a political discussion...I really enjoyed this film and was impressed by the ensemble here. Brolin was terrific. Toby as Rove, wow. Dreyfuss nailed Cheney, Wright was dead on as Powell. I wasn't high on Thandie Newton or the film's take on Condi (less than flattering to say the least) and Scott Glenn was dispicable as Rumsfeld (perhaps that was the point) but overall, a difficult subject to address with such a polarizing figure. Admirable job to get a film out of this and tell a dramatic and somewhat tragic story. I am glad I watched it now, several years removed with a bit more perspective. I plan to see it again for sure.

11/11/11-
    ( Asylum Studios 2011 )This movie is so bad that if you found Troll 2 entertaining, your find this one to be laughably just as bad. The plot is a family moves into a neighborhood, which happens to house a cult that believe the child who turn 11 on the eleventh day of the eleventh month on 2011 is bound to be the devil. Why is 11 so evil, well according to this movie the number 11 is the evilest number because its the first number humanity cant count on their hands......
    Last edited by Rabidwolfdog; 02-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I saw Skyfall the other day, I loved it.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.