Page 206 of 286 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4285
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

I agree with you that it was jarring but I felt that worked with the film since itself (the topic) is very jarring. The death of a child, the warring between nature and nurture, war of within with O'Brain and then his son; I feels like a movie like that demands a level of jarring or uneasiness because of the subject it is dealing with.

I wholly agree with what you said on your second paragraph.

I'm understand, with Malick you expect a film, something that defies the ordinary conventions and narration. New World ins fantastic but the only problem was Colin Farrell.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Just watched Wild In The Streets for like, the zillionth time. I've been watching this one at least once a week since the election last year. A younger me would attempt to write an essay or blog post about it or something. I just love the hell out of this movie. 14 or Fight!

Watched that movie Men Behind the Sun, or Man Behind the Sun as the opening says in English anyways. I was kind surprised by it, it's not as crazy over-the-top as almost a life time of hearing about how crazy it is would leave one to believe, and for how fucking evil the whole Unit 731 thing is, the Japanese don't come off as evil as they seem in newer movies like Ip Man...or at least they feel like people.

Rocky 2-4
    I don't know what happened to his dog, but I'm glad he's off screen
    What happened to "one more hit and your eye will go blind"? That's my only complaint so far, it was talked about in Rocky 2 and then ignored since his rematch with Apollo Creed
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

took christmas week to just watch movies...Clerks 1 & 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, the Batman Trilogy, The Dark Knight Returns Pt 1, Amazing Spiderman, Green Lantern, Looper, and Avengers. Was great to rewatch some movies and catch up on some that I hadnt seen yet.

Rocky 5
    I love this movie, don't see why it's banged on that harshly
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    took christmas week to just watch movies...Clerks 1 & 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, the Batman Trilogy, The Dark Knight Returns Pt 1, Amazing Spiderman, Green Lantern, Looper, and Avengers. Was great to rewatch some movies and catch up on some that I hadnt seen yet.
    How was The Dark Knight Returns? I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    How was The Dark Knight Returns? I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I can't speak for the poster you're asking, but personally - while I liked it - I really missed the voice over.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I can't speak for the poster you're asking, but personally - while I liked it - I really missed the voice over.
    for me that was the only thing it was missing. bruce's inner thoughts added so much to the graphic novel, really can't imagine why it wasn't in the cartoon.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Rocky Balboa
    It's great, and love the nods to the first movie
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    for me that was the only thing it was missing. bruce's inner thoughts added so much to the graphic novel, really can't imagine why it wasn't in the cartoon.
    that would be a lot of dialogue to add, he inner monologues his ass off in the comic!

that being said, they did intersperse some of those thoughts into conversation during the film. "rubber bullets, honest" being pulled off quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    Rocky 5
    the film is fine, but the kid irritates me no end.

Watched Prometheus and loved it!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Still can't get through Blow Up. Great story & setting and I love David Hemmings, LOATHE Vanessa Redgrave. One of these years...

Happily revisiting The Heroin Busters and The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh: both excellent, fun and easy on the eyes in very different ways.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    Rocky 5
    I enjoy it, too. I think it's criticized because it's clear that Stallone was trying to take things back to basics, but it still comes across as being cartoonish, more in the vein of Rocky III and IV than the first and second.

And there's nothing wrong with being cartoonish, but I hear you get a much better sense of what Stallone was going for in Rocky Balboa. For whatever reason, I don't think the studio was onboard with Rocky losing his final boxing match when the fifth was made. So they turned it into a street fight instead and had him kick the kid's ass.

I think it was a good idea: I liked it when Rocky got ready to deliver the kids' comeuppance with, "This is my ring."
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton