Page 201 of 285 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4267

Australia
    Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman star in Baz Luhrmann's outback western slash romantic fantasy slash ww2 slash ham-fisted social statement film. There is a lot of cheese, cliches and beefcake here. The good guys are angelic and the bad are extremely wickedly so. The sets are almost too gorgeous. And yet...I liked it. It tries to go the classic epic route and that nostalgic approach works, mostly. I don't remember this one getting much praise when it was in theaters but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.

Total Recall (the 2012 version). Massive amounts of wasted potential as an existentialist drama, all dropped in favor of kick-ass sci-fi shoot-em-up action.

I am simultaneously disappointed and entertained.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Pretty good, if you ask me. Although I don't know how in hell are hey going to get three damned movies from ONE book.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I saw Jack Reacher yesterday. Decent action flick, I enjoyed it.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Se7en
    In a way it's like SAW films took some inspiration from this, but instead of using good material to aspire to in a right way, but doing it messed up
    Basically; Se7en is an amazing film, SAW films are crap, I wish I saw Se7en and never heard of SAW

Lord of the Rings trilogy
    Amazing stuff
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Ted
    One more average comedy film with good moments

Dredd
    The Stallone film is more fun, and more quotable
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Revisited Tenebre last night.

It's still very, very good. And like Deep Red, I caught a few things I never did before. This used to be my favorite Argento film, but that honor goes to Deep Red now.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

BANNED

Arn the Knight Templar. Decent swedish adventure movie.

It could had been really great, even Oscar-worthy if they would not had tried to pack 2 movies into one. I hope to see the guy who played Arn in something else.
    Last edited by Shikidum; 12-25-2012 at 09:08 AM.

MI4: Ghost Protocol
    Best of the series IMO. Cool stunts, great visuals and a decent save the world from nuclear holocaust storyline. Those seem to be big this year. Plus Renner was cool and Paula Patton is a great addition to the team. Villains lacked a bit but overall a solid special effects action thriller.

The Man From Earth - loved it

One Magic Xmas - interesting "Wonderful Life" twist starring a young Mary Steinburgen and Elias Kaotes.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I am simultaneously disappointed and entertained.
    I have that reaction to many many book adaptations...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Twilight and New Moon on bluray. Which taught me a couple of thing. First, i'm a wuss who can't just say no to his daughter and his wife and secondly, people are crazy.

I just don't understand why this stuff is so hated by some. That's irrational. Are those movies great? No, not even really good but hell, i sure have seen worst.

Judge Dredd
    THE LAWW is awesome

Knock Off
    One of Van Damme best
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Condom View Post
    Twilight and New Moon on bluray. Which taught me a couple of thing. First, i'm a wuss who can't just say no to his daughter and his wife and secondly, people are crazy.

I just don't understand why this stuff is so hated by some. That's irrational. Are those movies great? No, not even really good but hell, i sure have seen worst.
    Completely off-topic here, where did you come up with your username? lol...

Hmm, good question. I have created this account some 3 years ago but if i'm remember correctly it has something to do with this Kick-Ass movie.

Someone calls the main character like that i think at some point.

Yeah silly but that's how it is.
    Last edited by The Green Condom; 12-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Just watched Total Recall [2012] this could've been such a good movie, but it ended up just being another really stupid action movie.

Pitch Perfect - Awesome film, made me sad it's what Glee could've been.