Page 198 of 285 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4268

Holden is amazing. One of my all-time faves.
    Check out Stalag 17, Sunset Blvd. & Bridge of River Kwai for more Bill goodness.
    He is really good as an older TV producer in Network as well.

As a noir fan that I think you are...Sunset Blvd. is terrific stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    The Wild Bunch

Im a big fan of Peckinpah but i have never seen this famous western of his. I always thought it was like Magnificent 7 or Dirty Dozen type action but i was really surprised and impressed by the depth of the story,the characters. The writing,directing for the characters showed in very minimalist way so well how they reacted to each other, the group of men was to each other. I enjoyed for that and the way the film showed the dark side of human condition. Mapache, the whole corruption,evil. It was more than action western and a bleak story but there was goodness,idealistic elmements too. It destroys his other westerns before it in comparison, that it was much deeper than violent westerns. The tragic ending would have clichè and less important for another director, another script. I felt so much for the characters that it was poetic way to end. Actors wise i was impressed by William Holden that i dont know from anywhere else. He acted so much with his face,body that showed so much. Perfect Peckinpah style of directing and not making it simple for the audience.

Resident Evil Retribution
    7/10
    Great action scenes, not a bad story, overall a pretty decent film

The Hunger Games
    9/10
    I didn't read the novel before watching the movie as I planned to do, not sure if it's for best or not
    Good action, plenty of sad moments, and a nice amount of fun
    I felt sorry for the bearded commentator at the end, being locked in a room and forced to eat toxic berries cause he wasn't a complete d*** and allowed the last two competitors from district 12 to survive instead of them both committing suicide cause one had to kill the other to survive
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Watched

Star Trek -2008 film
    X-Files - I Want To Believe

Both i thought were very good, I have never been into Star Trek or X-Files but it's actually made want to go back and watch the tv shows and previous films.

The Lady from Shanghai

I'm not a huge noir fan but I really liked this. I think I'm going to watch Touch of Evil next.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtute View Post
    The Lady from Shanghai

I'm not a huge noir fan but I really liked this. I think I'm going to watch Touch of Evil next.
    Orson Welles was very cool. The Third Man is solid too.

Wreck-It Ralph - Fun for the whole family.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Just saw the new Red Dawn. Fun action flick, nothing to write home about.

Watched Thriller: A Cruel Picture, really great movie...kind of looks like if Wes Anderson made a revenge flick. It's also got a slow-mo scene right out of A Clockwork Orange that's maybe the coolest looking bit of slow-mo I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
    Watched

Star Trek -2008 film
    X-Files - I Want To Believe

Both i thought were very good, I have never been into Star Trek or X-Files but it's actually made want to go back and watch the tv shows and previous films.
    I really liked The X-Files: I Want to Believe. It seems a lot of people hated how it didn't have anything to do with the overarching X-Files aliens story, but I really liked how it was it's own stand alone, monster of the week type movie.

Get Carter

I saw Get Carter for the first time last night and i enjoyed the film, its style and its bleak noir story,great gangster lead. I was really impressed by Michael Caine being able to carry such a gritty,tough character while at same time looking smooth,delicate face. He could change persona very convincingly.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    The Wild Bunch

Im a big fan of Peckinpah but i have never seen this famous western of his. I always thought it was like Magnificent 7 or Dirty Dozen type action but i was really surprised and impressed by the depth of the story,the characters. The writing,directing for the characters showed in very minimalist way so well how they reacted to each other, the group of men was to each other. I enjoyed for that and the way the film showed the dark side of human condition. Mapache, the whole corruption,evil. It was more than action western and a bleak story but there was goodness,idealistic elmements too. It destroys his other westerns before it in comparison, that it was much deeper than violent westerns. The tragic ending would have clichè and less important for another director, another script. I felt so much for the characters that it was poetic way to end. Actors wise i was impressed by William Holden that i dont know from anywhere else. He acted so much with his face,body that showed so much. Perfect Peckinpah style of directing and not making it simple for the audience.
    The Wild Bunch has a startling amount of depth. Unlike a lot of movies today, it's not nihilistic; as you suggest, it balances the good and the bad.

The only thing I disagree with is your statement about it destroying Peckinpah's previous westerns. Ride the High Country is excellent, and although I would rank The Wild Bunch higher, I don't think it destroys Ride the High Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Holden is amazing. One of my all-time faves.
    Check out Stalag 17, Sunset Blvd. & Bridge of River Kwai for more Bill goodness.
    He is really good as an older TV producer in Network as well.

As a noir fan that I think you are...Sunset Blvd. is terrific stuff.
    Agreed. Sunset Boulevard is a must-watch, and Holden is badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I really liked The X-Files: I Want to Believe. It seems a lot of people hated how it didn't have anything to do with the overarching X-Files aliens story, but I really liked how it was it's own stand alone, monster of the week type movie.
    As a fan of the show, I always enjoyed the stand-alone episodes, so I had no problem with the second X-Files movie in that regard. However, I Want to Believe had a lot of really dumb elements and was visually banal. I did like its intent nonetheless.

Watched The Terminator this weekend. Still super entertaining but even compared to T2 it feels pretty dated now.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green this afternoon.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Looper
    I didn't like it that much, found it boring halfway through, and it kept its pace of boring

Tron Legacy
    Cool fun adventure, visuals look great
    Jeff was killed near the end of the movie, the star of the original dies in the sequel. I didn't expect that from a Disney movie

Cabin in the Woods
    WTF did I watch?
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    Cabin in the Woods
    WTF did I watch?
    I don't care for horror movies, but I loved that.