Page 196 of 285 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4267
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by TomServoFan View Post
    Oh that movie is awesome, loved it for years and do you think it's as good as Romero's Zombie movies or Return of the Living Dead?

Planes, Trains and Automobiles on blu-ray: My fave comedy of all time and perfect for the holidays, i saw this 3 times in theaters when i was 6 with my family and we dug it, my fave Hughes movie.

Scrooged on blu-ray: Another holiday fave of mine, i saw this movie 3 times in theaters as a kid and loved it. Bill Murray is hilarious in this movie.

Wreck it Ralph 3 times: Coolest animated movie of the year and a nice crossover movie for video gamers like myself.

Terror Train on blu-ray: A fine holiday slasher movie but on New Year's eve with a nice performance by Jamie Lee Curtis plus David Copperfield and Hart Bochman and it looks fine on blu-ray, always dug this since i was 6.

They Live on blu-ray: One of my all time favorite sci-fi movies since i was a kid seeing it 2 times in theaters and it rocks, it looks and sounds awesome in high def.

Oliver and Company: Who remembers this movie? one of my favorite Disney movies that i love watching every thanksgiving time and i still remembered seeing it 4 times in theaters when i was 7 and having some of the merchandise including the CD soundtrack which i still own with fine songs by Billy Joel and Huey Lewis plus a nice cast too.

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue has been my all time favorite zombie film since I first discovered it under the title of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie just over a decade ago. I much prefer this over Romero's zombie films even though it plays complete homage to Night of the Living Dead. Why? The subplot between the hippie couple and the fascist police is unsettling in itself... the unbelievably unnerving atmosphere and sound effects and some genuinely scary moments. The gore is pretty brutal too (that receptionist in the hospital - OUCH.) I love, love, love the twist ending. Lastly, I'm a big fan of Ray Lovelock: this is my favorite performance of his (even with that hilarious upscale Brit dub they gave him.)

Return of the Living Dead wasn't my thing (I understand it was a satire), just wasn't crazy about it.

Glad to hear the They Live blu is wonderful. I love that movie: the last great film JC made imo.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And I also finally saw the magnificent Take Shelter: part horror film, part psychological study, apart from not being set in an apartment, it feels somewhat like the best Roman Polanski films. Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain are phenomenal- he missing an Oscar nod was unacceptable. I also loved the ending, which is ambigous enough to make room for many different and interesting interpretations, and it's simply all kinds of awesome- extremely powerful imagery that won't be easily forgotten. One of the best films of last year easily.
    Take Shelter has some great elements, but the ending is not really ambiguous - it's fashionably cynical.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    The 2004 version of The Punisher. Every frame is a love letter to the dime-a-dozen "rogue cop vs drug cartel" action flicks from the 80s. And I hate those movies.

Applied generous amounts of whiskey. No noticeable improvement. Gave up at the halfway point.
    I enjoyed that version of the Punisher the most.

I especially liked that he had an actual plan to destroy Travolta's empire from the inside instead of just blowing everyone away.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Thanks to Thanksgiving, I've got a four-day weekend ahead of me, and no fewer than seven Redbox movies calling my name. I need to stock up on popcorn.

Tron (1982)
    It's really good
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Two small little films called "Skyfall" and "Lincoln"

Yes, they were both exceptional. Reviews everywhere so wont waste anytime there. Great Bond flik. And the other has Daniel Day-Lewis. See them already.

How to Train Your Dragon - very cute. Probably the most enjoyable animated film I've seen since Shrek.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Dark Knight Rises
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Moonrise Kingdom. Occasionally funny, so sweet it rots in your mouth, uncomfortable from start to finish.

I haven't seen it but had it on my list. What makes it uncomfortable?
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I saw Red Dawn (the remake) yesterday.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Just finished watching the remake of "Fright Night" and I have to say I enjoyed it. I was never much into the original and while this movie wasn't outstanding I was entertained more or less the entire time.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Just finished watching the remake of "Fright Night" and I have to say I enjoyed it. I was never much into the original and while this movie wasn't outstanding I was entertained more or less the entire time.
    My thoughts were close to yours. I liked it. Thought David Tennant stole it, he was having way too much fun.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I saw a couple movies this past weekend. My friend and I watched Moonrise Kingdom and we both really liked it, but for me there was this subtle feeling of "why do I like this? I mean, do I think it's good because its good or because its another Wes Anderson film?" I feel like if I was 5 or 6 years younger I would have loved it, but I don't know. I liked it but it wasn't his best film.

The second movie I finally got around to watching was the Amazing Spider-Man which was pretty awesome in my book. I thought Garfield did a great Peter Parker. The Lizard was a fun and cool looking villain and I'm very much excited for the sequel. I was unsure about watching it because of all of the mixed things I heard, but I was in the video store and it was the only thing I felt was worth watching so I said "fuck it" and rented it. Not disappointed in the slightest. Awesome movie.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I saw a couple movies this past weekend. My friend and I watched Moonrise Kingdom and we both really liked it, but for me there was this subtle feeling of "why do I like this? I mean, do I think it's good because its good or because its another Wes Anderson film?" I feel like if I was 5 or 6 years younger I would have loved it, but I don't know. I liked it but it wasn't his best film.
    if it's any consolation to you i liked it and don't even know who wes anderson is. i didn't even want to see it, baby mama wanted to see so it put it on the netflix queue forgot to check it and it came in the mail. i don't think it's must see or anything but a cool/weird little movie.

The second movie I finally got around to watching was the Amazing Spider-Man which was pretty awesome in my book. I thought Garfield did a great Peter Parker. The Lizard was a fun and cool looking villain and I'm very much excited for the sequel. I was unsure about watching it because of all of the mixed things I heard, but I was in the video store and it was the only thing I felt was worth watching so I said "fuck it" and rented it. Not disappointed in the slightest. Awesome movie.
    spidey was good. i still think it was too soon for a reboot, but spiderman 3 killed the franchise and i guess they have to strike while the superhero iron is hot.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

I watched the ends of The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King last night and Alien Resurrection at 4:30 this morning.
    I'm on Twitter