Page 192 of 284 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4259

Just watched Super, that was needlessly gory. Can't figure out if I liked it or not. If it wasn't for Ellen Page's plucky performance, I would have turned the movie off 1/3 of the way through but I continued to watch and regretted it right up to voice over epilogue, and then I was conflicted.

I'm firmly in the camp that you can't save anyone who doesn't want to be saved, and the Liv Tyler character (Sarah) didn't want to be saved. So Rainn Wilson's (Frank) assault on her boyfriend/pimp just felt wrong.

I'll watch it again and see how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Me too. I only know Zero from his mid 60s comedy films so when they said that bit of trivia on TCM the other night, it got me thinking. He probably would have been as fun.
    What did that say? They talk about how he was the originator of the role, and wanted to play it in the movie?

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    What did that say? They talk about how he was the originator of the role, and wanted to play it in the movie?
    They mentioned Zero originated the role on Broadway, but the director fought for Topol in the film. No other details it was a quick mention.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Just saw Killer Joe it was awesome. Matthew McConaughey should def take on more dark roles like this.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    Just saw Killer Joe it was awesome. Matthew McConaughey should def take on more dark roles like this.
    He was amazing in Frailty. I like when actors go against type.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

watched the raven, it was pretty cool. poe was such a prick it was awesome. ending wasn't too obvious. i liked the idea that a fan would go to those lengths to get what he wants out of his favorite artist.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    He was amazing in Frailty. I like when actors go against type.
    I wouldn't say Frailty was against type, that movie was before he was known for romcoms...and he was playing a Texan.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I wouldn't say Frailty was against type, that movie was before he was known for romcoms...and he was playing a Texan.
    i liked him in reign of fire. i've never watched any romcoms he was in, so from dazed & confused, frailty, & reign of fire he's always been cool by me.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

New York, New York

Hadn't seen this one in years. Better than I remembered.
    Scorsese, DeNiro and Liza. Love the classic MGM sets and backdrops. It makes the more modern (70s cinema) relationship and emotional drama even more powerful. The story jumps a bit but I thought it was brilliantly acted. I hadn't seen this since the mid 90s when I first got into my Scorsese/DeNiro kick because it felt flat to me then. DeNiro wasn't Travis, Michael, Jake or even Rupert in this one. But watching it now, and the merging of the classic 40s films with the gritty 70s that Marty played with - the characters and performances seem just right. Plus I dig the tunes much more now. I was probably hooked on Pearl Jam and STP last time I watched it. Anyways. Way better than I remembered.

I just watched this amazing animated movie called, The Secret of Kells It's an Irish movie, based on the book of Kells! It's amazing animation and very fun! I recommend you guys check it out!

The Man with the Iron Fists - Mindless over the top martial arts movie.

Minority Report
    One time view is enough
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

The 2004 version of The Punisher. Every frame is a love letter to the dime-a-dozen "rogue cop vs drug cartel" action flicks from the 80s. And I hate those movies.

Applied generous amounts of whiskey. No noticeable improvement. Gave up at the halfway point.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    The Man with the Iron Fists - Mindless over the top martial arts movie.
    The trailer has me intrigued, but I've heard nothing but complaints. What'd you think of it?

Just watched Surrogates.

Weird film, Bit like I-Robot. It was nothing special but it was worth watching.

I just Saw Horrible bosses earlier on the action movie channel. it was funny, surprised I didnt hear about it before.