Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    GIVE ME WAR!! HulkSmash666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,823

    Default Odin vs Molecule Man

    It's Odin vs Owen in a battle to the death!!

    Can Owen Reece's mastery of molecules allow him to defeat the mighty All-Father of Asgard?

    Odin is fully powered, armed with his spear, Odinsword and Destroyer Armour.

    Owen is at his most confident and powerful levels.


    Who wins?

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    The most powerful Molecule Man ever got was pre recon where he fought pre recon Beyonder and didn't instantly get pawned so he stomps Odin with ease.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Da 315, Keepin it live! Salt City!
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    The most powerful Molecule Man ever got was pre recon where he fought pre recon Beyonder and didn't instantly get pawned so he stomps Odin with ease.
    Although I'm pretty sure the OP means Post-retcon, MM still stomps hard. At full peak, if Mephisto is to be believed, MM can be the equivalent of the Reality Gem (ansd sorry, but I don't by Kubik's bullshit about CC being below Celestials. The proof don't match)

  4. #4
    Elder Member Wjowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,377

    Default

    Depends. MM has a somewhat variable power level (including apparently losing to the Sentry recently).

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Da 315, Keepin it live! Salt City!
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Depends. MM has a somewhat variable power level (including apparently losing to the Sentry recently).
    Sentry's a God Mode Sue, so........

  6. #6
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasko8734 View Post
    Although I'm pretty sure the OP means Post-retcon, MM still stomps hard. At full peak, if Mephisto is to be believed, MM can be the equivalent of the Reality Gem (ansd sorry, but I don't by Kubik's bullshit about CC being below Celestials. The proof don't match)
    "if Mephisto is to be believed" is definitely the bedrock of a solid arguement.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasko8734 View Post
    At full peak, if Mephisto is to be believed, MM can be the equivalent of the Reality Gem (ansd sorry, but I don't by Kubik's bullshit about CC being below Celestials.
    Why would we take Mephisto at his word for anything? Guy's the veritable living embodiment of deceit and rank dishonesty!

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Da 315, Keepin it live! Salt City!
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Why would we take Mephisto at his word for anything? Guy's the veritable living embodiment of deceit and rank dishonesty!
    Alright fine. Even without Honest Mephisto's testimony, MM's feats far outway anything Odin has dished out

    These two show LT calling mm one of the most powerful beings in the omniverse(LT specifically said "All Creation" ... but that's what all creation is)



    in his battle with post Beyonder,
    reality across the realities of all creation was warped.
    it states trans-Multiversal which is beyond Multiversal,
    and since it also stated "through out creation" it supports the first feat
    "from the Quantum to the Trans-Multiversal,
    Reality trembles as the forces unleashed,
    reverberate through out Creation (Omniverse)"


    Owen was able to easily rip out the essence of Kosmos,
    from an astronomical distance away

    effortlessly rip apart/recreate an entire galaxy

  9. #9
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,981

    Default

    Honestly, that entire encounter was entirely out of whack with everything else portrayed about the post retcon Beyonder, Molecule Man and cosmic cube beings alike, both before it and after it.

    So.. you know, we have a whole term for things like that.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-29-2010 at 03:12 PM.

  10. #10
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasko8734 View Post
    LT calling mm one of the most powerful beings in the omniverse(LT specifically said "All Creation" ... but that's what all creation is)
    Obviously he speaks of all creation of the True Omnipotent he serves. Whilst the Marvel/D.C. crossovers have shown him to be aware of and able to interact with other Multiverses, they are outside his Jurisdiction and in all but the rarest of cases, his area of concern.

    And with good reason, if True Omnipotents were to anger each other by messing with the others territory, the stalemate battle that followed would essentially consist of destroying everything the opposition created until both parties grew sufficiently tired of the meaningless struggle as to call a truce.

    Ergo, it is highly unlikely this descriptor considers the Omniverse beyond TOAA's sandbox.

  11. #11
    Elder Member Farealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Farealm
    Posts
    11,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ωgar "Omegalith" Lithagon XVI View Post
    Obviously he speaks of all creation of the True Omnipotent he serves. Whilst the Marvel/D.C. crossovers have shown him to be aware of and able to interact with other Multiverses, they are outside his Jurisdiction and in all but the rarest of cases, his area of concern.

    And with good reason, if True Omnipotents were to anger each other by messing with the others territory, the stalemate battle that followed would essentially consist of destroying everything the opposition created until both parties grew sufficiently tired of the meaningless struggle as to call a truce.

    Ergo, it is highly unlikely this descriptor considers the Omniverse beyond TOAA's sandbox.
    Exactly i take it no more to mean the omniverse than the declaration of Jim Jaspers threatening the omniverse to mean he was threatening realities outside Marvel.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

  12. #12
    Old School Rumbler yeoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Why would we take Mephisto at his word for anything? Guy's the veritable living embodiment of deceit and rank dishonesty!
    Yet the Super Devil throws in resurrecting old dead friends when selling one's marriage to save the life of an octagenarian who could likely die on any given day from a stiff breeze. Surely this is the mark of an honest business man.

    Anyhow, Owen's got psychological issues a mile wide, so I go with the guy who casually casts every man, woman and child on the planet into a holding dimension so they don't get free cosmic whupass shows.
    "Until all are one."

  13. #13

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Da 315, Keepin it live! Salt City!
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I love the Superman, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and Flatland references. I still much prefer the original Beyonder origin though.
    As do I dupersuper, as do I........

  15. #15
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Honestly, that entire encounter was entirely out of whack with everything else portrayed about the post retcon Beyonder, Molecule Man and cosmic cube beings alike, both before it and after it.

    So.. you know, we have a whole term for things like that.
    What kind of feats have Molecule Man and his ilk done more consistently after the retcon?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •