Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

One of the best costume designs ever. The only acceptable alterations I have seen were covering his arms, because it was practical and not too distracting from the design.

But for pure perfect artistic achievement, the original shines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails haw.jpg   hawk.jpg   hawke.jpg  

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    There is nothing cool about this look. Everything screams "dated". The moto boots, the bulky padding, the oh-so-hip two guns?
    I'm glad he was given his original costume again. UDON = LAME
    Last edited by Count Vertigo; 02-03-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    But it looks like a goofy Halloween costume most of the time. Plus for someone who copies moves of agile fighters a cape is about the dumbest thing he could possibly wear.
    Some agile fighters wore capes. And seeing as how he's copied Cap, MAYBE it stands to reason he could fight his way out of a situation when his cape was caught by someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vertigo View Post
    Some agile fighters wore capes. And seeing as how he's copied Cap, MAYBE it stands to reason he could fight his way out of a situation when his cape was caught by someone?
    Cap only wore a cape once, as the original Nomad. He kept tripping over it, and got rid of it. :)
    Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vertigo View Post
    [b]Some agile fighters wore capes.[b/] And seeing as how he's copied Cap, MAYBE it stands to reason he could fight his way out of a situation when his cape was caught by someone?
    Yeah, like that idiot from Watchmen, turned out damn well for him.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaUnity View Post
    Rogue has always been a favorite, but, alas, she has been granted
    some atrocious outer wear! I hope this is not a reflection on artist's perceptions of the South!? Not all women dress like a cross between Minne Pearl and a $2 'ho.

Anywho; here are a few I have really enjoyed.

On the green and yellow, too often it was portrayed with garish neon yellow which hurt my eyes, but when done in muted tones it was quite nice.

I liked the one with her standing by the chains because it reminds me of the old Paul Smith version, which I could not find art for.
    My favorate Rogue costume was the one she wore from 1987-1991;the green shoulderless leotard over the black body suit with the thigh high boots and long opera gloves.It's a shame by 1991 it ended up in tatters...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaUnity View Post
    One of the best costume designs ever. The only acceptable alterations I have seen were covering his arms, because it was practical and not too distracting from the design.
    ugh. I don't think before the Ronin suit Clint ever had a good costume. Starting with the colors. Purple and Pink-ish purple? ew. Even if he goes back to being Hawkeye he should use the color scheme of the Ronin outfit ~ Black/Green/Gold Accents >>>>>>>>>>>>> Purple & Pink
    But for pure perfect artistic achievement, the original shines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    Jim Lee has never, ever designed a good costume. Gaudy, overdone, fried pieces of sh**, sure.
    i still think most of Jim Lee's relaunched 90s X-men costumes were the best most of those characters ever had (except Jean Greys ~ that was kinda terrible) ~ by far Cyclops best outfit. (although the New X-men costume was pretty sweet too)

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

I'll always miss the Golden Avenger armor. It'll always be my definitive Iron Man armor. Some of the tech today is a little too realistic looking. Where's the magic in that?

The irony about that armor is that it would seem to be more advanced than the bulkier moder stuff. I'll second this armor as well:

A brilliant design that kept the basic feel of the classic Golden Avenger look.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

I was always fond of Wolvie's brown costume.

BANNED

If I recall, Sue started dressing that way because her Malice persona was coming out.

I liked the black Spider-Man costume. Those Byrne Fantastic Four designs with the white gloves and boots are my favorite FF costumes. I like the Red and Silver Iron Man armor best, and I like the first red and gold armor depicted second best. It looks most like Iron Man did for the longest period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by illikaspain View Post
    Wait. You actually liked the Cap armor? Wow. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulAziz View Post
    Skully Taskmaster looks more weird than menacing
    Manga Taskmaster had his shield, and he looks more amazing, not in tights, and not in cape, capes just make handicaps
    I've always enjoyed both looks, why shouldn't Taskmater have more than one costume, heck i'd say he should use a different costume based one what he's doing, teaching should be one look (preferably the classic look since this would be the most "impressive" to students), doing mercenary work should be another (preferably my favorite the UDON look, especially since this would distance him from being connected with the work as it's really hard to blend in when you are dressed in a cape and pirate boots), i even like the look he was shown wearing only in flashbacks in his solo book/Deadpool/Agency X with the skull-face and a more military look than either of his main looks, heck just about the only Taskmaster look i'd like to never see again is the one from Deadpool #2, it was a variant of the classic look that made me want to rip that book to shreds, plus Taskmaster was written like an idiot in that book
    the preceding announcement was paid for by the new World order
    Got paranormal problems? Contact Boarderline Investigations. (*17) 555 - 2368. Ask for Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by rogerio View Post

I like it, its sexy. However, it would still be sexy with out going over the top if it were pants instead and had the belly part covered.

Mountaineers Are Always FREE! Give me Liberty...

Quote Originally Posted by JurassicParkIsAnAwesomeMovie View Post
    Ben Reiley Spider-Man costume, but he's been dead so it makes sense that it hasn't been seen. I liked the design though.

Wolverine brown and tan. Gives a more badass feel to him than a bright yellow.

Extremis armor is one of my favorites, sad to see it go.
    These 3 costumes were the BEST of the BEST. It's a shame we don't see them more.

--Cap76