Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Been a while for this thread, but I kind of liked this design for Psylocke.

Not that her current look is bad.

Personally think her current look is tired, rubbish and long overdue a retcon. But that'll NEVER happen.

Love this costume, just as I loved the Outback Years of the X-Men. This costume, and body armour, just had infinitely more class, with or without the cloak.

Jim Lee's redesign as an Asian in Ninja Bikini doesn't do it for me...

I know it hasn't been gone for all that long, but I'll always have a soft spot for this Rogue costume.

It was the costume of the 90s X-Men cartoon too. Have to admit a soft spot for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post

I miss it already. Along with the many other missed opportunities of The Heroic Age. I know that the needed Steve back in the costume for The Avengers movie, but it was a good look in my opinion.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

The short lived Portacio era-X-Factor

Marvel Boy pre-Bendis:

Iron Spidey:

Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Schmitty's Evil Twin.

The recent CB & MI:13 series had a number of great costumes. Black Knight in jeans was inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I thought John Byrne's redesign of Vision did indeed make him look more "spectral and unearthly"
    I have no idea why they went with the colorful get up. It looks horrid compared to that look. In fact that was how I first knew the Vision thanks to the old Captain America and the Avengers beat-em-up.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    The recent CB & MI:13 series had a number of great costumes. Black Knight in jeans was inspired.
    No it didn't. It was notoriously bad. "Gloriana" as a medeval peasant was such a downgrade over her classic green leotard. So much so, no one's brought it back up again.

And Faiza Hussain looked like a roving reporter for the BBC World News Service.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Marvel Boy pre-Bendis:

The shorts really don't do anything for me. The rest of the look is OK.

Iron Spidey:

OK costume, just not for Spidey himself.

Also, what was with the three legs on the back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    Personally think her current look is tired, rubbish and long overdue a retcon. But that'll NEVER happen.

Love this costume, just as I loved the Outback Years of the X-Men. This costume, and body armour, just had infinitely more class, with or without the cloak.

Jim Lee's redesign as an Asian in Ninja Bikini doesn't do it for me...
    I love both versions. To me, there's is no wrong choice with this situation.

BANNED

I liked the sleeker look for Darkhawk.

Also, just Darkhawk in general. And Sleepwalker. Wish those characters would come back, not just their looks.

The shorts really don't do anything for me. The rest of the look is OK.
    The shorts is what makes the look! It's like a movie about a killer robot driving instructor who travels through time for some reason and this is you:

RD: I mean the script might even work if you got rid of the talking pie.
    Me: What, are you crazy? It's a buddy picture. Without the pie, it would just be me on screen for two hours.
    RD: Oh, yeah, and you'd hate that.
    Schmitty: No, no, no, you can't lose the pie! The pie's your heart.

OK costume, just not for Spidey himself.

Also, what was with the three legs on the back?
    Those were awesome! Made it stand out from all his other costumes. I'm glad they kept it as long as they did for the Scarlet Spiders in Avengers: Initiative. I liked it so much I got the statue of it.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Very much so. A simple uncomplicated Captain Britain. Powers from within him, and not through the costume. A true poster boy for the Heroic Age. A Brian who showed consistent progression from the latter half of Excalibur onwards.

Not a great fan of Rick Remender's current retrofit. It's kicked the character back pretty much 20 years.

Loved Dane in civvies, too. He did use his armour when required, but the idea that even off-duty he had the sword and helmet with him, always ready for action, worked for me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    No it didn't. It was notoriously bad. "Gloriana" as a medeval peasant was such a downgrade over her classic green leotard. So much so, no one's brought it back up again.

I wouldn't call the green 'classic'. I prefered the orange she used to wear, if I'm honest. But both were really the costumes of a teen character yet to grow up. But Meggan HAD grown up. As with Brian these characters both grew so much in the latter half of Excalibur and beyond.

The 'Glorianna' costume was not so much a costume as it was a way of fitting in as she mounted her coup to escape Hell. And in that regard it is perfectly suited to the situation. I don't know if it would have become her costume had theseries continued. I wouldn't have minded had it done so. Because it was a symbol of her independence and growth.

I really hate the X-Books' constant need to retrofit characters back to some ideal they no longer belong to.

Um, she was dressed in acceptable Muslim robes. That was the point. Apart from when she wore armour, covered in the crests of her home County.

Religiously intollerant MUCH.

I love both versions. To me, there's is no wrong choice with this situation.

The wrong for me comes from the bleaching out of her cultural identity and heritage which subsequent writers did, by trying to embrace her Asian side, when her personality did not include one. British girl in a body not her own. But we rarely SAW anything British in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
    The Gloriana look was an attempt to have the character 'grow up', rather than keep her as the dopey bimbo Nightcrawler lech - fodder that some X - fans prefer her as. If she's got a 'classic' look at all, it's the orange bodysuit with the shawl collar.

This. Couldn't agree more.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    Very much so. A simple uncomplicated Captain Britain. Powers from within him, and not through the costume. A true poster boy for the Heroic Age. A Brian who showed consistent progression from the latter half of Excalibur onwards.

Not a great fan of Rick Remender's current retrofit. It's kicked the character back pretty much 20 years.
    Yes, the helmet-less look and just a simple uniform worked perfectly. Simpler is better IMO.

Loved Dane in civvies, too. He did use his armour when required, but the idea that even off-duty he had the sword and helmet with him, always ready for action, worked for me. :)
    I'm a big sucker for civvie looks in super-heroes (still think the t-shirt/jeans on Conner Kent was best) so I loved this. Seeing Dane this way in that 1s tissue told sold me on the character. Just that simple visual change impressed me and made me a fan. Helps that Cornell also wrote him so well. Now I need to re-read the run. LOL
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    ive never seen it before today but i really like this Namor Look by George perez, could some one post some good pics of this desgin
    he beard and long hair just work
    This would be the look created by Jae Lee, who had just started on Namor with John Byrne still pulling the writing chores. Not sure how much longer the beard lasted, but the long-haired look went all the way `till "Heroes Reborn".

Krypton / Kasterborous. Gallifrey's Avatar

Please point me in the direction of the reportage where Kate Adie or similar presents a piece wearing chainmail and a broadsword, 'cos I obviously missed it.
    "No way, Jose. Not a chance, Charles Dance."

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogerio View Post

One of the greatest superheroine costumes EVER!