Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Braver and Bolder with J. Michael Straczynski

JMS spoke with CBR and teased some details on the secret weapon he has planned for "The Brave and The Bold" while also spilling on which superhero teams will be featured in upcoming issues of his critically acclaimed run.

Full article here.

BANNED

got a feeling that "Girls Day" issue will be really good

Sounds Incredible. I can't wait.

Great article. I like that JMS wants to make this book a top 20 book this is the type of thinking i want to see from creators. So i will be picking up Brave and the Bold from now on.

This is a great book. I'm not really into rotating casts, in part because you'll never get the long form development that you get with a solid cast, but the stories he's putting out here are wonderful and powerful and I've been really enjoying them.

I'd love to see him on an ongoing with a fixed cast.

I love this book.
    It's nice to hear they have a plan to increase sales.

I gotta admit, that cover of Wonder Woman alone is enough to make me buy it. That's the first time I can ever remember her being drawn cute.

JMS has been very thematic with his run so far, exploring aspects of heroism. So far, he's shown that heroes are heroes regardless of past history (Batman/Dial H for Hero), regardless of rules of engagement (Flash/Blackhawk), regardless of how others perceive you (Batman/Geek), regardless of personal sacrifice (GL/Dr. Fate) and regardless of who benefits from your heroism (Atom/Joker).

Looking forward to what the next issue has in store and to JMS' future endeavors on the title.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I'll be pick'n up the "Girls Day" issue (sucker for BatGordon); from there are out, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    and regardless of who benefits from your heroism (Atom/Joker)
    I haven't read it, but the way you phrase that, it sounds like Atom is trying to help the Joker? Doesn't sound very in character.

I'll grab the Girls Day issue because omg Cliff Chiang drawing 22 pages of Zatanna and Wonder Woman (although ugh Babsgirl. Why not Cassgirl?)

The Subs! Rainbow Girl & Chloraphyll Kid! Oh my I am excited.

During Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, it was referenced that Earthman threw Infectious Lass into the timestream. Wouldn't it be fun if they found her during their team-up?

I've been picking up The Brave and the Bold since JMS' run began, and I've gotta say... I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

I'm pretty interested in finding out just what this "Manhattan Project" that JMS and Didio have cooked up is.
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    The Subs! Rainbow Girl & Chloraphyll Kid! Oh my I am excited.

During Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, it was referenced that Earthman threw Infectious Lass into the timestream. Wouldn't it be fun if they found her during their team-up?
    That was a reference to the Brian Azz/Chiang Dr. 13 strip, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyQuick View Post
    I haven't read it, but the way you phrase that, it sounds like Atom is trying to help the Joker? Doesn't sound very in character.
    This is correct. Atom helps to cure Joker of a disease. The point of the story is his struggle with the ethics of saving a murderer. Fwiw, I felt Atom was written in character. And he was very torn about the whole thing.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    This is correct. Atom helps to cure Joker of a disease. The point of the story is his struggle with the ethics of saving a murderer. Fwiw, I felt Atom was written in character. And he was very torn about the whole thing.
    Oh, now that I think about it, you're right. Ryan would probably struggle with the ethics but decide it'd be better to save him and try to stop him from becoming the Jo-OH! It's Ray.

Wasn't he just stomping on villains brains a little while ago?