Page 5 of 173 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2593
  1. #61
    Junior Member Orange Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LtMarvel View Post
    I was trying to figure out Desmond's alternate timeline where he didn't meet Jack running stairs at the stadium. Or does Jack just not remember in the brief time they were together on the plane?
    They never met. Widmore died in the 70s. So Penny's life was different and she likely never went to that monastery to meet Desmond.

    Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll learn the connection between Ellie and the head monk.

  2. #62
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    7,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dragon View Post
    They never met. Widmore died in the 70s. So Penny's life was different and she likely never went to that monastery to meet Desmond.
    While her life is most certainly different (if it exists at all), we don't know for sure that they died. We know the island is at the bottom of the ocean, but we don't know how or when that happened.

    And if Widmore did die in the 70s, how was Penny conceived? How did Ellie survive to give birth while Charles didn't make it?
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

    "Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

  3. #63
    Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Some random notes, Jack and Locke both lost some luggage and they really stressed what luggage they lost, both the body of Jack's father and Locke's big bad knife bag. I think this will be an important point later.

    Bernard realizes he should be close with his wife and Rose realizes she missed her husband, even in that short time. It's good to see them getting to be together and happy again, even though Rose still has cancer in this version. Or possibly they do realize and remember what happened and are just content to enjoy life together.

    The kids who were stolen back in season 2 are shown! At first I thought it was a group of like other Others with no connection to the group we know, but they are tied together and yet seem to be living much better lives then those who shacked up at Dharmaland.

    I think Desmond is either the one from the first universe popping over, or is still lost in time in this one, either way he will be important.

    We at least know the man in black is also the monster... now could someone explain what the monster is exactly? Security system is out the window. He also seemed to hate Richard for some reason.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.

  4. #64
    Junior Member Orange Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    While her life is most certainly different (if it exists at all), we don't know for sure that they died. We know the island is at the bottom of the ocean, but we don't know how or when that happened.

    And if Widmore did die in the 70s, how was Penny conceived? How did Ellie survive to give birth while Charles didn't make it?
    I'm just assuming the island sank after the H bomb went off. Also assuming Penny was born already since she seems close in age to Sawyer and his dad has already murdered his mom and himself. As to Ellie and Daniel, there's no indication that Daniel exists, so she could have died during H bomb blast.

    One thing that's strange though if they are two separate realities. Last season Richard says he remembers Jack and the others very clearly because he saw them all die.

    Here's a weird theory. The new timeline will be to show Jack what would happen if he succeeds in detonating the H bomb. After it plays out Jack will be given a choice of which timeline stays and he chooses the island right before they are sent to the island present day. That's the real reason Jack felt so bad about Juliet and Sayid dying, because he chose this reality.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Sheldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    That is the big question for me, is when did the island sink?.....if it did when the bomb went off, then Ben, Widmore, Ellie all perished. Somehow I think they are all going to show up in the AR.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,173

    Default

    Hum,
    I just sort of assumed that the reset worked, but that the Island was still able to send a weak signal out to the Losties. So, Desmond appears and Jack's dad's body disappears. I get the feeling that we'll be seeing the reset timeline Losties somehow undoing the reset.

    So, the reset happened, then got undone, and the Losties don't remember it. We are seeing events that happened right after the reset as well as the future events after it was undone.

    Thinking about it more, wonder if Christian will start appearing to Jack -
    Last edited by Hoss; 02-03-2010 at 05:21 AM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,173

    Default

    As to the theory of Jacob now being Sayid - this could be why the water in the spring was a different color and why it didn't heal the Other when he cut his hand and put it in the water (it looked like he was testing it to me). Maybe it is normally a healing spring but did not work because it contained Jacob's soul and was waiting for Sayid.

  8. #68
    Senior Member edhopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    Which timeline has the Justice League and which has the Justice Society?

  9. #69
    Ohm, Sweet, Ohm dumbstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    During MiB/Locke's confrontation with Richard, he said something to the effect that it was nice to be out of those chains. This comment got me thinking Richard, Jacob and MiB/Smokey/Locke are gods of some sort. Jacob being the wise and benevolent head, Richard being his right hand man, and Smokey being the underworld figure bound to act as jailer or enforcer to the head of the pantheon. This would also account for Richard's agelessness. Any mythology majors out there who might be able to support this theory?

    The shot of the island underwater lends just a little more credibility to the theory of Atlantis. And the temple being a pyramid, along with the statue also imply such an ancient civilization.

  10. #70
    Junior Member Orange Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dumbstruck View Post
    During MiB/Locke's confrontation with Richard, he said something to the effect that it was nice to be out of those chains. This comment got me thinking Richard, Jacob and MiB/Smokey/Locke are gods of some sort. Jacob being the wise and benevolent head, Richard being his right hand man, and Smokey being the underworld figure bound to act as jailer or enforcer to the head of the pantheon. This would also account for Richard's agelessness. Any mythology majors out there who might be able to support this theory?

    The shot of the island underwater lends just a little more credibility to the theory of Atlantis. And the temple being a pyramid, along with the statue also imply such an ancient civilization.
    MIB/Locke was talking about Richard no longer being in chains.

    As to them being gods, it seems that at least Jacob is and probably Smokey. Richard, I doubt since last season he said he doesn't age because of Jacob. Good thing he didn't stupidly turn to dust when Jacob died like Adam Monroe did in Heroes when he lost his power.

  11. #71
    Ohm, Sweet, Ohm dumbstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dragon View Post
    MIB/Locke was talking about Richard no longer being in chains.

    As to them being gods, it seems that at least Jacob is and probably Smokey. Richard, I doubt since last season he said he doesn't age because of Jacob. Good thing he didn't stupidly turn to dust when Jacob died like Adam Monroe did in Heroes when he lost his power.
    Yeah. Now that I think of it, wasn't it implied Richard arrived on the island on the Blackrock?

  12. #72
    resident freak bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    6,928

    Default

    Nice interview over at EW.com that discusses a lot of the stuff that's been talked about here (in particular, the slight differences in the alternate timeline)

    FULL of spoilers!

    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lo...damon-carlton/

  13. #73
    Monkey Clown Sadness Mac Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dragon View Post
    MIB/Locke was talking about Richard no longer being in chains.

    As to them being gods, it seems that at least Jacob is and probably Smokey. Richard, I doubt since last season he said he doesn't age because of Jacob. Good thing he didn't stupidly turn to dust when Jacob died like Adam Monroe did in Heroes when he lost his power.
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbstruck View Post
    Yeah. Now that I think of it, wasn't it implied Richard arrived on the island on the Blackrock?
    Seems to me Jacob, and the other guy in black is Issac are gods of ancient myth. The whole series has been MiB trying to kill Jacob and Jacob trying to keep MiB on the island.

    I think every person on the island is there to play out a morality challenge for the fate of the world. Jacob believes in humanity, MiB wants to destroy them for not being good enough.

    MiB can only appear as dead people, which is why he had Ben kill Locke. MiB probably is as described by others a god of death or like Hades.

    I think Richard was one of the slaves that built the temple in the first place since it seems to be Egyptian-ish and he looks like he wears eyeliner.

    I also think someone pointed out last year that the other man (MiB) could be Issac?
    My Nerd Home

    He's a cool cat, but damn if he doesn't type his post wearing mittens. -Evil Sneak

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Danny View Post
    I also think someone pointed out last year that the other man (MiB) could be Issac?
    I've seen people calling him Esau (from the Jacob & Esau biblical reference).

    Isaac was the father of Jacob and Esau in myth.

    -Matt
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Ok that was awesome. The split timelines are very interesting. I loved seeing the subtle differences. I'm also glad that we finally got to see what was in Hurley's guitar case.

    Locke as the monster is also great. I wonder what he's going to do with Richard. I'm not surprised that Sayid came back to life. I think a common theory is that Jacob has reincarnated in Sayid.

    Too much stuff to think about. I can't wait another week!
    On Kimmel Cuse and Lindelof said that it certainly looks like something has possessed Sayid, tho they wouldn't affirm it was Jacob.

    It reminds me of the Classic Trek episode with the body-hopping energy-globe aliens.
    Dare you delve into... THE ARCHETYPAL ARCHIVE?


    Why, it's... NATURALISTIC! UNCANNY! MARVELOUS!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •