Page 4 of 670 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Utopia may still exist, but I dont think it will necesarily be the base of operations of the X-men. Im thinking Magneto may sieze control and in many ways Utopia is looking like Genosha the sequel
    Well Emma, pointed that out already.

Anyway I have to say, I looked at this again. And I wonder what the hell happened to Fraction? This version of Emma wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It seems like a lot of effort has gone into Utopia though, it would be kind of weird just to make it go away with a wave of the wand. I mean Namors people are living underneath it plus there's still that whole Scott/Emma/Namor story to tell.
    Yes, if Fraction stays around Utopia definitely will too.

I'm not so sure we will get any S/E/N, might be Fraction has changed his mind and plans to concentrate on the Magneto/Namor bromance instead.

Anyway I have to say, I looked at this again. And I wonder what the hell happened to Fraction? This version of Emma wasn't bad.
    But at that time she was still in HFC. (Fraction actually wrote Emma pretty much in line with her older HFC appearances in that scene despite what he's been saying in various interviews).

The Emma Fraction has written for the most of the time is the one coming directly from the end of Whedon's Astonishing and the end of Brubaker's Uncanny run. I wouldn't say Fraction has deviated too much from the depictions in those, if at all.

Is Emma responsible for Esme's actions in New X-Men?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1...se00108mm5.jpg

Also found this:

Is Emma responsible for Esme's actions in New X-Men?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1...se00108mm5.jpg
    Thats not a Cuckoo. Thats an unrelated character who shares the same name

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma did not psy-jump into Jean. Emma was attacked, went into a coma and Jean went into Emma's body. Emma's mind did not inhabit Jean's body at all
    Uncanny 281-283(?)

Xavier comments on it in the blackbird.

Quote Originally Posted by shavoxin View Post
    How'd she end up in Iceman again?
    There was some sort of surge in the mansion. Iceman fell unconscious on top of Emma while making sure she was still stable. She woke up, took over his body and went searching for her students (Uncanny 314).

It was in Uncanny 314 that she learned her students were dead and changed her ways. It's a really good read. She talks about how she saw herself as an alternative to both Xavier and Magneto. Her outlook on mutant-life is that you shouldn't have to hide your abilities. "use the gifts you've been given to get what you want when you want it." Essentially she was telling her students to use their mutant abilities to get ahead in life in a human world the way that she did. Unapologetically and without guilt.

I think it's one of the more interesting approaches to human/mutant relations.

There was also something Emma said (under Morrison) that Xaveir/Jean/herself (probably Psylocke) all consider Psychics to be better than other people.

I think the class/caste approach among mutants would be an interesting thing to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICEF View Post
    Uncanny 281-283(?)

Nope Emma placed herself in a psychic coma to survive. It was Jean went into Emma's body to survive.

There was also something Emma said (under Morrison) that Xaveir/Jean/herself (probably Psylocke) all consider Psychics to be better than other people.

I think the class/caste approach among mutants would be an interesting thing to explore.
    That was under Whedons pen.

BANNED

Was it Astonishing or was it the Annual where Emma's in Hong Kong with Scott?

I know it was between Scott and Emma I remember that much.

Uncanny 281-283(?)

Xavier's comments to the fact that she did not do that. It was the other way around with him realizing that it is what Jean did

Was it Astonishing or was it the Annual where Emma's in Hong Kong with Scott?

I know it was between Scott and Emma I remember that much.
    Astonishing X-Men #14.

(The annual was Morrison's)

BANNED

Thank you. I loved that conversation. You'd never see that with Jean she'd restrain herself from being that honest with Scott. But Emma is brutally honest and doesn't have those boundaries.

It seems like a lot of effort has gone into Utopia though, it would be kind of weird just to make it go away with a wave of the wand. I mean Namors people are living underneath it plus there's still that whole Scott/Emma/Namor story to tell.

I'm starting to think that Magneto might lead a coup.
    I have high hopes that emma will lead...

BANNED

Me too. I like the idea of Emma taking over. She wouldn't run away or back down from a fight with humans, but she wouldn't try to kill them or take over either.

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

She seems like the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Assassin10406712
    She seems like the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    Yes, if Fraction stays around Utopia definitely will too.

I'm not so sure we will get any S/E/N, might be Fraction has changed his mind and plans to concentrate on the Magneto/Namor bromance instead.

But at that time she was still in HFC. (Fraction actually wrote Emma pretty much in line with her older HFC appearances in that scene despite what he's been saying in various interviews).

The Emma Fraction has written for the most of the time is the one coming directly from the end of Whedon's Astonishing and the end of Brubaker's Uncanny run. I wouldn't say Fraction has deviated too much from the depictions in those, if at all.

She was the best option. Then Fraction took over and made her Cyclops lapdog. Before at best she was in charge and Scott was field command. At worst they were co-leaders. Which is why I disagree that Fraction is taking his que from Whedon.
    My Canon > Your Canon

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

Yeh but compared to these too I think she still is. I highly disagree with what Scott is doing and I don't see Magneto actually leadinmg the X-Men (before that happens Xavier comes back). Oo