Page 3 of 670 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UNICEF View Post
    I hope Emma has a larger role in Necrosha than being mentally broken from the sight of her dead students.

These aren't fake images or a psychic attack. These are her actual students. She wasn't there for their deaths and couldn't save them. It was saving herself that got them captured and killed by Fitzroy.

It's also what turned her into a "hero"
    Saving herself? Looked more like a surprise attack from a Sentinel out of nowhere to me.

Is emma still trapped in her diamond form in necrosha? I know she was seen to be crying in her diamond form in necrosha which is very inconsistent as people know she can't experience emotions whilst in this form.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansbff View Post
    Is emma still trapped in her diamond form in necrosha? I know she was seen to be crying in her diamond form in necrosha which is very inconsistent as people know she can't experience emotions whilst in this form.
    I thought she feels more numb the more she stays in diamond form, not in an instant?

Quote Originally Posted by shavoxin View Post
    I thought she feels more numb the more she stays in diamond form, not in an instant?
    I don't think it was every said. Presumably it was just a cluster f*ck by Yost who didn't realize Matt Fraction was going to stick her in Diamond Form and cure her the next day. So Fraction would have got Crain to change the art when he didn't need to.

Saving herself? Looked more like a surprise attack from a Sentinel out of nowhere to me.
    She placed herself into a psychic coma in order to survive the ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because the writers have named Emma as one of the main targets of Selene's attack. She doesnt have to do anything in X-force as she could have been used in New Mutants or Legacy. Im not expecting anything major, but laying on the floor is pretty poor especially when she could have been in on the strategizing. She's probably the person there that knows Selene the best, having actually worked along side her. She'd have been useful here
    They did, and I would say that turned out to be the case as well. Wasn't that the point of Selene sending the Hellions after Emma and all the other zombies to attack Utopia? To get back at those who slighted her. If the story itself turned out to be rather lackluster, that's another issue that I don't disagree with, but technically they delivered on their promises.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well Necrosha is an X-Event, which tend to mix featured characters in books. While I didn't expect Emma to star in X-Force, I figured she might have her time spilit up between the 3 books. The event is big enough to where this should be featured in Uncanny. The characters are in it. Even if it was just one issue. This isn't like X-Factor where they are off doing their own thing.
    Its not a big deal if she is in it or not. But writers shouldn't say that the basic point of the story is to get back at Emma, when its not. That would be like saying Messiah Complex was about sending Bishops past. Its a footnote to the greater story, not the story.
    See above. I don't think they said the whole point was to get back at Emma (she was not even the only one Selene was said to have a grudge against), that was just something extra Selene added in for her thralls to do. Surely it would be more important for her to ensure she can ascend and become a "goddess"? She does not come across as the brightest bulb in the box at all times, but I think she can prioritize that much at least. Coincidentally, that is also what the X-Force story is mostly about, it was just in the beginning she sent in the expandable zombies to get back at Emma, Shaw and the X-Men, only later on was she forced to send in her inner circle to retrieve the dagger as well.

And I would not say this is a proper event, the writers made it pretty clear beforehand that the main (even whole) story was in X-Force and the other books just tied in to that in order to tell their own separate stories. So it's really not that different from any other X-Force arc, it's just that we get to see more of the other X-characters.

Not to mention where this is in continuity I have no idea. Emma is still stuck in diamond in X-Force. But not in New Mutants.
    The Emma stuck in diamond form problem is another example of minor continuity problems between closely connected titles these days. Since each book basically has its own timeline, plots and separate writer(s) it's pretty understandable that it can happen for events to not quite match up between them. Each issue being written months in advance does not make it any better either.

Probably would be easier if there were more time gaps in each title, now they seem to often have an unbroken timeline from issue to issue, which makes it rather hard to sync up with other titles. But overall I don't think it's that big a deal, just don't think about it too much.

If the choice is between scott or emma over who should be leading in utopia it should be Emma. She's a telepath, she has business experience, field experience, knows the political game, and doesn't make things up as she goes along. All I can say for scott is he would make a good green lantern, too bad thats not an option. I've just never been able to figure out why the writers feel scott has always had to be the big leader just because he's always led in the field. He's always been a week character when compared to the women in his life.

Also I always thought the Emma/Scott fling was good as an affair not a full blown romance. I describe the relationship as a somewhat bright boy with only a GED married a brilliant, hot lawyer.

BANNED

She Psy-jumped into the Jean's body during the attack. It was an effort of self-preservation rather than standing and fighting. Although telepath's can't do much against giant robots.

She Psy-jumped into the Jean's body during the attack. It was an effort of self-preservation rather than standing and fighting. Although telepath's can't do much against giant robots.
    How'd she end up in Iceman again?

Emma did not psy-jump into Jean. Emma was attacked, went into a coma and Jean went into Emma's body. Emma's mind did not inhabit Jean's body at all

Emma Frost said that the people in San Francisco are happy to see the land teams. Does this mean that with Norman out of the picture the X-Men can abandon Utopia? And if that's the case does that mean Magneto will leave because Utopia is the only reason he remains around? Or is Hope going to do something so heinous that the X-Men are going to be shunned from the rest of the Superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma Frost said that the people in San Francisco are happy to see the land teams. Does this mean that with Norman out of the picture the X-Men can abandon Utopia? And if that's the case does that mean Magneto will leave because Utopia is the only reason he remains around? Or is Hope going to do something so heinous that the X-Men are going to be shunned from the rest of the Superhero community.
    I think its a pretty safe bet that Second Coming is going to change the status quo of the X-line. Its hard to speculate as whats going on now, will most likely be different by fall

I think its a pretty safe bet that Second Coming is going to change the status quo of the X-line. Its hard to speculate as whats going on now, will most likely be different by fall
    We know that the Heroic Age is dawning. So with that, the X-Men really have no motive to stay on an island. Unless something happens to set mutant relations back to the stone age. Hopefully they don't make the world forget their identities.

We know that the Heroic Age is dawning. So with that, the X-Men really have no motive to stay on an island. Unless something happens to set mutant relations back to the stone age. Hopefully they don't make the world forget their identities.
    Im thinking MDay will be reversed and all former mutants will regian their powers, thus making Utopia unnecesary

Im thinking MDay will be reversed and all former mutants will regian their powers, thus making Utopia unnecesary
    It seems like a lot of effort has gone into Utopia though, it would be kind of weird just to make it go away with a wave of the wand. I mean Namors people are living underneath it plus there's still that whole Scott/Emma/Namor story to tell.

I'm starting to think that Magneto might lead a coup.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-24-2010 at 05:34 AM.

It seems like a lot of effort has gone into Utopia though, it would be kind of weird just to make it go away with a wave of the wand. I mean Namors people are living underneath it plus there's still that whole Scott/Emma/Namor story to tell.

I'm starting to think that Magneto might lead a coup.
    Utopia may still exist, but I dont think it will necesarily be the base of operations of the X-men. Im thinking Magneto may sieze control and in many ways Utopia is looking like Genosha the sequel