Page 2 of 670 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

At least go for a MomJean snappy remark.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

As sad as it is how Emma's characters has been portrayed lately by Marvel writers. At least I can enjoy the REAL Emma on Archer every Thursday at ten on FX . For those of U who do not know, Emma does not go by Emma, but as the lovely Malorie.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseXfrost View Post
    why can't we continue posting in the old thread?
    I think it was psycwave who mentioned all the site crashes were because of multiple threads with more than 5000 posts - mostly appreciation threads and the Question's one.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfreeman View Post
    I'm not sure, but it seems like they are establishing Silencer as being someone else.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

spoilers:

I thought issue #57 pretty unambiguously showed that Emma was the Silencer.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Puunk View Post
    I think it was psycwave who mentioned all the site crashes were because of multiple threads with more than 5000 posts - mostly appreciation threads and the Question's one.
    That seems to be the case yes. Which is a bit strange, it should not really matter if the posts are in one thread or in many threads. At least not with well-implemented forum software. (the blame falls to vBulletin rather than CBR in that case of course).
    Last edited by nikbackm; 01-22-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Emma has been unusually pathetic in Necrosha. I saw the previews for the next X-force and she's still whimpering in a corner with the students holding her. She looks like such a loser and its pretty sad to see Emma Frost go down without even a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma has been unusually pathetic in Necrosha. I saw the previews for the next X-force and she's still whimpering in a corner with the students holding her. She looks like such a loser and its pretty sad to see Emma Frost go down without even a hit.
    I know what you mean. I like her strong but I just let it slide this time. The Hellions' death has been one (if not the greatest) of her major emotional trauma sources since the start of her evil-to-good switch.

Quote Originally Posted by shavoxin View Post
    I know what you mean. I like her strong but I just let it slide this time. The Hellions' death has been one (if not the greatest) of her major emotional trauma sources since the start of her evil-to-good switch.
    A more likely reason is that this is the X-Force book, so the X-Force team will handle it.

Emma whimpering on the floor just serves as a reason for her not to be involved in taking the fight to Selene.

On to a more pleasant subject....

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #59

This preview looks pretty interesting, the X-Men (who for some reason seem to be adults while Spider-Man is still a teen) enter the scene. Probably to collect his mutant girlfriend.

Hopefully we'll see Emma in this issue as well. Would be interesting to see her interact with these X-Men. Maybe help Spider-Man drive them off to save her friend?
    Last edited by nikbackm; 01-22-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Well, it seems like she's going to be important in that issue. I'm not the most informed person but in main continuity, did Emma ever converse with Peter, at all?

But still, I personally would have preferred Emma having a more active role in Necrosha...with the slight tension between the two, White Queen and Black Queen and all.

But still, I personally would have preferred Emma having a more active role in Necrosha...with the slight tension between the two, White Queen and Black Queen and all.
    I agree. All the interviews make its sound the motivation behind Selene is to get to Emma Frost. Yet this isn't happening in Uncanny. And she hasn't done anything in X-Force. I'm enjoying the event, but this time it actually makes sense why Emma should be front and center.
    My Canon > Your Canon

This is just too much though. So instead, she risks letting the former students she has that are alive die by laying on the floor doing nothing? As traumatic as that was, Emma is not an emotionally weak person. She'd have picked herself up and join in on the fighting and strategizing. I would have thought the initial shock would have warn off by now, especially since the Hellions have left and moved onto the New Mutants, but Emma looks like she's in the middle of suffering a mental breakdown. And lets not forget that she isnt even supposed to be feeling any emotion in diamond form.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I agree. All the interviews make its sound the motivation behind Selene is to get to Emma Frost. Yet this isn't happening in Uncanny. And she hasn't done anything in X-Force. I'm enjoying the event, but this time it actually makes sense why Emma should be front and center.
    exactly which is why its so frustrating just watching her do nothing

Well, it seems like she's going to be important in that issue. I'm not the most informed person but in main continuity, did Emma ever converse with Peter, at all?
    No, not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Eh, remember how the pre-issue interviews and solicit (Her life will never be the same!) hyped up the Confesssion? And we still remember how that turned out right?

No reason this would be referenced in Uncanny, it has its own story to tell, and this is basically just an X-Force arc. Even if Legacy used it as an excuse to do a Proteus story and New Mutants to bring back Doug.

This is just too much though. So instead, she risks letting the former students she has that are alive die by laying on the floor doing nothing? As traumatic as that was, Emma is not an emotionally weak person. She'd have picked herself up and join in on the fighting and strategizing. I would have thought the initial shock would have warn off by now, especially since the Hellions have left and moved onto the New Mutants, but Emma looks like she's in the middle of suffering a mental breakdown. And lets not forget that she isnt even supposed to be feeling any emotion in diamond form.
    Well, to be fair. I don't think much time has elapsed in X-Force since her collapse. It's just that the timeline between the three books in the "crossover" is a bit messed up.

exactly which is why its so frustrating just watching her do nothing
    Only if you actually expected her to do something. Why do think she should have upstaged X-Force in their own book?

I just wish the writers could have found a better excuse for her to not accomplish anything. Perhaps being away on a shoe shopping tour. Or just not being included at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    Well, to be fair. I don't think much time has elapsed in X-Force since her collapse. It's just that the timeline between the three books in the "crossover" is a bit messed up.
    Fair enough

Only if you actually expected her to do something. Why do think she should have upstaged X-Force in their own book?

I just wish the writers could have found a better excuse for her to not accomplish anything. Perhaps being away on a shoe shopping tour. Or just not being included at all.
    Because the writers have named Emma as one of the main targets of Selene's attack. She doesnt have to do anything in X-force as she could have been used in New Mutants or Legacy. Im not expecting anything major, but laying on the floor is pretty poor especially when she could have been in on the strategizing. She's probably the person there that knows Selene the best, having actually worked along side her. She'd have been useful here

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    No, not that I know of.

Eh, remember how the pre-issue interviews and solicit (Her life will never be the same!) hyped up the Confesssion? And we still remember how that turned out right?

No reason this would be referenced in Uncanny, it has its own story to tell, and this is basically just an X-Force arc. Even if Legacy used it as an excuse to do a Proteus story and New Mutants to bring back Doug.

Don't get be started on The Confession. That was one of the single worst issues of an X-Men comic. The art. The story itself. I was VERY excited for that issue. I wasn't expecting changes, but I was expecting better quality, hopefully something unique along the lines of Civil War: The Confession. But no. It was a rehash and nothing more. And terrible art.

Well Necrosha is an X-Event, which tend to mix featured characters in books. While I didn't expect Emma to star in X-Force, I figured she might have her time spilit up between the 3 books. The event is big enough to where this should be featured in Uncanny. The characters are in it. Even if it was just one issue. This isn't like X-Factor where they are off doing their own thing.

Not to mention where this is in continuity I have no idea. Emma is still stuck in diamond in X-Force. But not in New Mutants.

Its not a big deal if she is in it or not. But writers shouldn't say that the basic point of the story is to get back at Emma, when its not. That would be like saying Messiah Complex was about sending Bishops past. Its a footnote to the greater story, not the story.

Because the writers have named Emma as one of the main targets of Selene's attack. She doesnt have to do anything in X-force as she could have been used in New Mutants or Legacy. Im not expecting anything major, but laying on the floor is pretty poor especially when she could have been in on the strategizing. She's probably the person there that knows Selene the best, having actually worked along side her. She'd have been useful here
    Exactly.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Hello to everyone on the emma frost appreciation thread number 2!

BANNED

I hope Emma has a larger role in Necrosha than being mentally broken from the sight of her dead students.

These aren't fake images or a psychic attack. These are her actual students. She wasn't there for their deaths and couldn't save them. It was saving herself that got them captured and killed by Fitzroy.

It's also what turned her into a "hero"