Page 6 of 670 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    who Whedon?
    Yes, Whedon.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yes, Whedon.
    I thought Whedon wrote her rather well. Not as fun as Morrison but still true to the character. So I'm not sure how he broke her.
    My Canon > Your Canon

He totally turned her into sidekick, but I see what you are saying.
    Like Robin to his Batman you mean? Unfortunately hard to avoid when the overall direction is "Cyclops rules the roost". Still beats being a lackey like the other X-Men though.

As long as she's not turned into a WiR to (misguidedly) further his development it's even close to acceptable.

And for plot points... Well the Russian hoes coming to the school thing was terrible. And going to Utopia, espeically so close after the move to San Fran, is pretty bad too. And I hate Cyclops and his Army concept, but I'm thinking/hoping it blows up in his face.
    I meant his plots with Emma; Dark Reign, Dark X-Men, Sentry/Void. On the whole there was nothing wrong with those even if the conclusions were somewhat lacking.

I don't mind Utopia myself, not in comparison with SF at least. Which they are still associated with. And don't give up on the Russian hooker side-plot yet, it might get a good pay-off soon (UXM #522).

I thought Whedon wrote her rather well. Not as fun as Morrison but still true to the character. So I'm not sure how he broke her.
    He left her in vulnerable state of mind; ripe for being taken advantage of by unscrupulous writers (Brubaker & Fraction).

=================

Some more MA news.

Talking Comics with Tim: Paul Tobin

O'Shea: In the Spider-Man Marvel Adventures universe, can you tease folks as to who you hope to feature prominently in the supporting cast--and where you're wanting to take that series in general?

Tobin: Sophia "Chat" Sanduval will remain important. Emma Frost will definitely be around, even as her reasons for being around change. A member of the Torino crime family is definitely going to be featured. Gwen gets romantic. There's a certain clawed mutant that I love writing. As to the direction I'm heading, I love working with what it means to be Spider-Man... the effect on Peter as a person, in his relationships, his life. And I also like to occasionally see those effects from different eyes. We're dealing with a time period shortly after Peter becomes Spider-Man, so a lot of it is new to him... he's having to make some rather pressure-filled decisions about putting on the suit, and just where it is that his responsibility ends.
    Last edited by nikbackm; 01-26-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    Like Robin to his Batman you mean? Unfortunately hard to avoid when the overall direction is "Cyclops rules the roost". Still beats being a lackey like the other X-Men though.

As long as she's not turned into a WiR to (misguidedly) further his development it's even close to acceptable.

I meant his plots with Emma; Dark Reign, Dark X-Men, Sentry/Void. On the whole there was nothing wrong with those even if the conclusions were somewhat lacking.

I don't mind Utopia myself, not in comparison with SF at least. Which they are still associated with. And don't give up on the Russian hooker side-plot yet, it might get a good pay-off soon (UXM #522).

He left her in vulnerable state of mind; ripe for being taken advantage of by unscrupulous writers (Brubaker & Fraction).
    Making the Batman and Robin comparison makes me think that it is even worse than that. He is girlfriend. The woman behind the man. Shes most all of her character for that of her boyfriend. Which is gross when your friends do it and gross here.

I completely agree the Emma's involvement with the Cabal and Dark X-Men were great for the character. She still just wasn't written well. Honestly. I thought the X-books were on a high going into Messiah Complex. But the revamp after was a mess to the point I almost dropped and her involvement in the Cabal kept me going.

I had handle the bland over complication though. Characters like Psylocke and now Bishop have gotten so messy, complicated, etc that it is impossible to come back from. You can come back from being bland. I just want it sooner rather than later.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I saw this pic and it made me think of Emma as a zombie bride

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

Eww, it certainly seems like Frosty gone zombie, where's that from? Oo

God knows I think Fraction is mishandling Emma and, yes, the crying scenes are cringe-worthy. And yet it still beats her being a b**chy superhero Switzerland.

She's currently dating some nutjob whose motto is currently 'f**k off and bring it on' and she might actually get to the 616 Hall of Superheroes once she bites it. Oh noes!!!!!
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Assassin View Post
    Eww, it certainly seems like Frosty gone zombie, where's that from? Oo
    I cant rememebr exactly. I beleive I got it off a DeviantArt page

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I saw this pic and it made me think of Emma as a zombie bride

Scotts unbelievably lucky to have a bride like her!

Quote Originally Posted by Seccruz View Post
    I don't think anyone does... I know I don't.
    I too hate submissive Emma or Emma acting like a punk in any kinda way. Also here's a pic of Emma I found http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...e_queen_27.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    God knows I think Fraction is mishandling Emma and, yes, the crying scenes are cringe-worthy. And yet it still beats her being a b**chy superhero Switzerland.

She's currently dating some nutjob whose motto is currently 'f**k off and bring it on' and she might actually get to the 616 Hall of Superheroes once she bites it. Oh noes!!!!!
    I think Fraction has so many characters on his plate that he is mishandling most if not all of them.

BANNED

He's beyond his depth as a writer. He's done some good things and I enjoy the nods to the fans (giving Mindee the name Irma) but his stories are lacking substance.

Not to mention they should pair him with an artist that can draw an actual background. Between Land and the Dodson's it's more of moving around magnets than a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorean View Post
    I think Fraction has so many characters on his plate that he is mishandling most if not all of them.
    It doesn't help when he keeps bringing in a new/returning character every single arc.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICEF View Post
    He's beyond his depth as a writer. He's done some good things and I enjoy the nods to the fans (giving Mindee the name Irma) but his stories are lacking substance.

Not to mention they should pair him with an artist that can draw an actual background. Between Land and the Dodson's it's more of moving around magnets than a comic book.
    What nod was to the fans was it by saying Mindee's real name is Irma?
    My Canon > Your Canon

What nod was to the fans was it by saying Mindee's real name is Irma?
    Irmas an ugly name. No wonder she picked out another name.