Page 189 of 236 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3528
    Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

I was gonna say, WHAT?! She looks 30 there! Geez, Marvel...
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

The x-23 solo series was giving me a Kirsten Stewart vibe the whole time. Thats almost enough to ruin the character for me.

The Final Issue of AVENGERS ACADEMY (#39) is now released.....

So.....a good ending for Laura or would the readers preferred a "soon she's on "AVENGER ARENA the better" ending...??

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    The Final Issue of AVENGERS ACADEMY (#39) is now released.....

So.....a good ending for Laura or would the readers preferred a "soon she's on "AVENGER ARENA the better" ending...??
    I'm not sure people are going to be pleased with her potrayal in Avengers Arena, lol. In addition to giving off a real Penance vibe:

...with the whole outfit/big-hair/ferocity/surprise-attack-in-the-woods thing, she gets her face melted off, lol. But I'm still sure some people will be like "still better than Laura in Avengers Academy."

Check out the preview pages from Axel-In-Charge if you want to see; they're kind of graphic. ^_^;;

Oh, by the way, speaking of Penance and X-23, they make an appearance in next week's Marvel Universe vs. The Avengers:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14178

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
    http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/574-1.jpg
    Also post her other one with X-23, lol:

Source: http://ifanboy.com/articles/ifanboy-upstarts-ricken/

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Also post her other one with X-23, lol:

Source: http://ifanboy.com/articles/ifanboy-upstarts-ricken/
    That's a nice shot. Are there any more?
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    That's a nice shot. Are there any more?
    As far as I saw, just the one rogerio posted -- but you might want to check Ricken's DeviantArt for more. ^^

Does anyone else have the sinking sensation that Larua's "Role" in arena will be basically as the monstrous, constant threat lurking in the background, lashing out again and again--trapped and aware in a constant state of Trigger Scent indued Berserker Rage? That's an "Important Role" I suppose.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

perhaps its that or she is katniss. maybe a little of both to mix it up
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I've read an interview with Hopeless and I get the impression that he's read up on her and understands her and respects her (unlike Christos Gage). So I don't see her merely being relegated to the role of a one dimensional attack dog. But I can't see what her role would be. The whole premise of this book does not seem to warrant an ongoing series. But we will see. It all comes down to the writing.

I'm not so sure. His understanding of another character (Hazmat) has been shown to be far less than it should be, but it could be that he misses one's core and gets another. I remain skeptical.

It's an "Ongoing" like the Initiative was, but with a far more controversial setup. I'm unsure it will last as the potential audience is much smaller and a lot more skeptical (Runaways fans in particular are one skeptical bunch).

That said, I'd love to hear what you think Gage got wrong about Laura's character. Aside from the powers mistake, nothing really stood out to me, and I enjoyed her relationship with Finesse quite a lot (and how it eventually imploded).

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    That said, I'd love to hear what you think Gage got wrong about Laura's character. Aside from the powers mistake, nothing really stood out to me, and I enjoyed her relationship with Finesse quite a lot (and how it eventually imploded).
    He basically got her characterization wrong. He took a multi-faceted character and basically reduced her into being one dimensional psycho. First of all X-23 is an introvert, she’s very quiet and very private and only tends to speaks when she has something to say. Gage had her chattering like a parrot on steroids. Not only does he have her talking almost non-stop he has her self-disclosing about things such as her mothers death which she feels a great deal of shame and torment for. Not only is it out of character for X-23 to do that. Who the hell reveals their darkest secrets to a bunch of strangers?

It was just poor storytelling.

Can't deny she did talk more in Academy than elsewhere, though the style of her dialogue certainly did speak to a more reserved personality. I have to agree with yopu.

However, the reveal of her past honestly -- that was a bit of comedy. Obviously, it didn't work for you, but that's okay. Comedy is largely subjective, but the structure of the gag is still there. I wouldn't call it poor writing in particular (I reserve that for more heinous offenses), but it was a sacrifice of logic for the sake of comedy. I do prefer my comedy not come tat that expense, but I will say one thing: it made me smile. But, again, it's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Can't deny she did talk more in Academy than elsewhere, though the style of her dialogue certainly did speak to a more reserved personality. I have to agree with yopu.

However, the reveal of her past honestly -- that was a bit of comedy. Obviously, it didn't work for you, but that's okay. Comedy is largely subjective, but the structure of the gag is still there. I wouldn't call it poor writing in particular (I reserve that for more heinous offenses), but it was a sacrifice of logic for the sake of comedy. I do prefer my comedy not come tat that expense, but I will say one thing: it made me smile. But, again, it's subjective.
    Wow. You're first person I've ever heard say that Avengers Academy was supposed to be a satire. I had no idea that the book was intended on being a joke.