Page 181 of 235 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3518

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    Quality debate by some of the posters there. "Just because she was an underage prostitute doesn't mean she was sexualised." lol.
    You do know that "sexualized" does not mean "involved or related to sex," don't you? It's about how the character is portrayed to the audience. A character is sexualized if they're portrayed as seductive and drawn in a sexually explicit position that's meant to arouse. Prostitutes are often not sexualized since they're portrayed as victims of abuse. The writer or artist isn't saying, "hey, look at how attractive she is," they're saying, "this is a vulnerable character who has been taken advantage of by others."

Source: Marvel Goes Pink in October

Awesome cover, but I would have liked it if they toned down her boobs a bit. They don't need to be in my face. (Male gaze)

Has anyone else noticed the similarities X-23 has with the Replicants in "Blade Runner?" They were made to be weapons/tools. They rebelled against their creators. They are hunted by their creators. They were programmed to emulate humans but since they have little personal experience, they don't have a very good understanding of their own feelings and emotions. They're on a journey to discover what it means to be human and find a purpose beyond what they were made for.

In fact, they really should have followed more in the vein of "Blade Runner" with X-23. Instead of just having her trying to find her own humanity or her own soul, she should be asking what it means to be human and whether or not humanity has a soul. Considering she has seen the very worst of humanity, they should be exploring what being human even means to her.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the similarities X-23 has with the Replicants in "Blade Runner?" They were made to be weapons/tools. They rebelled against their creators. They are hunted by their creators. They were programmed to emulate humans but since they have little personal experience, they don't have a very good understanding of their own feelings and emotions. They're on a journey to discover what it means to be human and find a purpose beyond what they were made for.

In fact, they really should have followed more in the vein of "Blade Runner" with X-23. Instead of just having her trying to find her own humanity or her own soul, she should be asking what it means to be human and whether or not humanity has a soul. Considering she has seen the very worst of humanity, they should be exploring what being human even means to her.
    That would have been more interesting than the abstract concept of a soul.

Well, none of the writers really seem to know what to do with the character. They really need a design document or character bible for X-23. They tend to write her based on some vague generalities and superficial traits rather than deeper character themes.

The most obvious example of this is the way pretty much all the writers have treated her understanding of emotions. They made her way too naive in that respect. Considering how she's had extensive training in infiltration and espionage, it makes no sense for her to not have a good understanding of social situations and emotional responses. If anything, she should have an excellent understanding of psychology as it would allow her to get to her targets more easily and lower their guard. She would simply deal with emotions on a much more impersonal and analytical basis, using them as a means to an end. It's simply her personal feelings that she has trouble with. So she should be able to predict what a specific emotion can achieve under a specific circumstance but she has little understanding of what emotions she personally experiences under those circumstances.

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Hm. Does that cover mean she's in the issue? Or is it just for eye candy?

At least they got her eye color right for a change... go Marvel.
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by chickrockguitar View Post
    Hm. Does that cover mean she's in the issue? Or is it just for eye candy?

At least they got her eye color right for a change... go Marvel.
    No, it's just a variant cover.

Laura got a new costume.

I like it, It looks functional and is pretty cool.

The last few issues, I've seen the green accents on her costume and hoped Grummet would make it full bodied so this is exactly what I wanted.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

They should just give X-23 the costume she had in X-Men: Evolution. That was the best one because it actually looks like something that a stealthy assassin would wear. It even has pockets to store things.
    Last edited by KingofMadCows; 07-10-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Not a fan of her new dudes, her Silver n Black uniform was perfect.

Also there's a chance that Chris Yost might be writing X-23 again.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebro McTypo View Post
    Also there's a chance that Chris Yost might be writing X-23 again.
    That sound goods. Could you give more details?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    That sound goods. Could you give more details?
    Well on July 8th Yost entered a twitter conversation and one of his fans (not me FYI) asked if he had any plans for X-23 and Hellion. He then said that he has plans for one of those characters.

I'm putting the odds at 65% X-23 35% Hellion
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Wow. That would be awesome!
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by chickrockguitar View Post
    Wow. That would be awesome!
    Its win ether way really
    -Bad Guy Affirmation