Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

O and by the way .. rogue and Magneto
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...290&disp=table

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noona1 View Post
    anything interesting ? any news on Wanda ? will she be the secret weapon ? i doubt it
    No, I don't think so. The figure that showed up in the Siege: The Cabal was definitely male, at least from the silhouette that was blasting the proxy Doom that showed up at the meeting. Bendis had a peculiar reveal about the whole Sentry / Void duality in DA #13 that just served to muddy the waters IMO. It's really not a spoiler since the preview was widely distributed with the usual 5 or 6 pages on all titles. Bendis has Bob's wife Lindy throwing out the thought that the Sentry (that's her husband Bob Reynolds) has powers that are similar to that of Moses and Jesus. The first pages shows us the last of the Ten Plagues of Egypt, that of the death of the first born. At one point, when the Void in taunting Lindy he says spoilers:
    "I am the Devourer of Worlds. I am Galactus"
    end of spoilers But I am pretty sure it's leading to the Void being the Secret Weapon. I'm just sick of Bendis dragging it all out.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Iron Maiden !! just the person i was looking for X-factor #201 has doom !! u might like to see the preview .. a hint of doom but stil !!

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh yeah, I got #200 with the kids hiring them out. The preview with faux Reed looks pretty sinister. Doom's had a pretty good week of badassery. He was rumbling with the Cosmic Hulk and dealing with the threat of Nightmare in Doctor Voodoo.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No, I don't think so. The figure that showed up in the Siege: The Cabal was definitely male, at least from the silhouette that was blasting the proxy Doom that showed up at the meeting.
    From the start I never saw how it could be anybody but the Sentry. It still feels that way (including Osborne's 'you're my secret weapon" remark. Just not clear why they would hide the identity then.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Bendis had a peculiar reveal about the whole Sentry / Void duality in DA #13 that just served to muddy the waters IMO. It's really not a spoiler since the preview was widely distributed with the usual 5 or 6 pages on all titles. Bendis has Bob's wife Lindy throwing out the thought that the Sentry (that's her husband Bob Reynolds) has powers that are similar to that of Moses and Jesus. The first pages shows us the last of the Ten Plagues of Egypt, that of the death of the first born. At one point, when the Void in taunting Lindy he says spoilers:
    "I am the Devourer of Worlds. I am Galactus"
    end of spoilers But I am pretty sure it's leading to the Void being the Secret Weapon. I'm just sick of Bendis dragging it all out.
    I honestly don't know WHAT the hell they're doing with the Sentry anymore, but I usually shudder when they start dragging in judeo christian elements. Because that rarely works well in a verse where they have all the gods from all the other pantheons running around too. Because they should either treat it all equally, or address why they're not, or ...well just not go there then.

And they seem to change their minds about what the point of the Sentry is a little too often. Now his true powers are basically the Molecule Man's? And what's with the serum? He needs more of it? Since when? Has there ever been any indication that he weakens without it? From his surprise at Osborn giving it to him, I get the impression he hasn't seen it in a while, yet he was always as powerful as ever.

Bit of a mess if you ask me...

Call me nostalgic. But my favorite Magneto was during God Loves, man Kills.
    He was so human, so broken hearted and strong at the same time...
    Brevoort about Jean : "Popularity and conversation on internet message boards doesn't equate to sales." Really ? X-Men Origins Sales : Cyclops - 19,049. Emma Frost - 20,093. Jean Grey - 28,596

Seriously .. this doesn't make anyone want to react ?

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

New thread. Just checking in. Long live Magneto!

"I dont care who you are back in the world."

anything interesting ? any news on Wanda ? will she be the secret weapon ? i doubt it
    I was catching up on old New Avengers, and while I fear bees coming after me with angry kittens for bringing this up, the issue with Hawkeye *cringes* I think Aunt Agatha is Loki. Wanda keeps talking about Aunt Agatha, but we never see her. Not saying she is involved in Seige, but it would not surprise me if Loki is the one keeping her occupied.
    Your X-obsession is fascinating and almost commendable-bebopeva88.
    MY TITS ARE SWELTERING - also, bebopeva88

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    He wears it nicely.
    Indeed. Although I prefer when he is outfitted by Jim Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Call me nostalgic. But my favorite Magneto was during God Loves, man Kills.
    He was so human, so broken hearted and strong at the same time...
    Still haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by colossalreign View Post
    New thread. Just checking in. Long live Magneto!

Is this your artist? I always butcher the spelling so I just call him CR's guy

Seriously .. this doesn't make anyone want to react ?
    Probably, but I’m trying to avoid the previews, so I’ll get back to you when I read it At this point if Clay Mann is drawing I’m happy.

This would also be why I can’t tell if Gnarl is trolling

Edit: Okay I broke, I read it. I've never had a problem if this winds up going somewhere. I'm still not entirely wure where it is going. As far as Magneto being broken down in most of the books, like I said, same with Wolverine. One minute he can resonstitute from being hurled int to sun, the next story he gets kicked in the balls and is out for a week. Meh. Whenever they have him too powerful he winds up being a jerk so I'm fine for now
    Last edited by jlmoor; 01-23-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Trying to pay his debts Jess C.H.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlmoor View Post
    Is this your artist? I always butcher the spelling so I just call him CR's guy
    "You have a sharp eye Duke"!
    "I dont care who you are back in the world."