I really can't put these in order. Ill let others decide for me...
- The 1st big one to start things at a begining has to be the not so great military career. Where he served awhile. Olney in trying to brag his accomplishments showed a pic of men in Vietnam. Olney hinted one was him. This was proven false as Olney quickly backtracked.
- We skip ahead a few years as Olney claims he inspired the Marvel/DC softball games the companies would do in the 1980's. That as a fan he recommended it to a pro. (name escapes me at the moment)
- Olney claims to have the most off-record interviews with Stan Lee in existance. No real facts to back this one up at all. Just a bizzare claim he's done it.
- In the 1990's Marvel Fanfare issue Orca piece , Olney claims Orca membership is overseas. No real facts to back this up. When pushed to show records of this (and other facts on Orca) he left the BleedingCool message board last year.
- Rick claimed in various numbers ranging from 100,000 and up that Orca gave away comics from 1992/93-2001/2002 . That Orca members recieved thousands of comics. When told by Colleen Doran postage for these books would be in the thousands of dollars , Olney had no explanation.
- Rick claimed on Comicon that donating comics to Orca was like a charity I believe. When pushed to show his company's tax deductable status , Olney balked and got angry.
- In 2000's Rick soon would claim that he inspired Comics in the Classroom ...and that Mark Alessi of Crossgen picked up on it. He would gladly pat himself on the back for this for years.
- Also in the early 2000's , Rick would claim to have donated comics to Skywalker Ranch and became close to George Lucas. That he also inspired the character Ric Ollie in the Star Wars Prequels. This one was proven to be as we guessed...wrong as hell.
- Rick would claim to be bringing FRESH back and have a countdown clock. It basically counted down to nothing as usual.
- Rick's claims last year was no one was gonna stop him from publishing comics in the industry. He would settle his debts and would soon make annoucements of "Debt Agreements" with creators. Well ...it was all fine except he's never paid anything beyond the annoucements.
- Rick has claimed Orca has inspired comic book villains in Spawn and Batman.
- His claims of Orca being bigger than it actually was has been going on for years. Only a few people have emerged to discuss the group the last few years...and the memories of it aren't as good. For a group to be as big as it claimed....why hasn't more emerged ?
- Usually would for years , (and even the prior thread here) Rick would claim he would unleash his legal team on everyone. He's basically promised to sue half the internet at this point and will continue to taunt that "Bad things are ahead ..legal wise..." for those he has wronged.
- Claimed he was gonna ruin Gail Simone's career and others. At last check Gail is getting more comics to write and Scott Reed is doing a Marvel mini-series.
- Recently claimed the script- writer of Iron Man II threw a shout out at Orca. When proven it did not happen ...(The scene was Oracle's CEO meeting Tony) Olney has went quiet. Obviously its yet more egg on his face...
There is more I am missing I'm sure. But a good run down of the outlandish claims the last 2-3 decades...