Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Not here.

I gotta admit, "The Van of Justice" would be a great name for a parodic blog. As if I need another unpaid project...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    They call me girl
    They call me Tammy
    They call me her
    They call me Tamryn

That's not my name
    That's not my name
    Tammy Tammy, Bo-Bammy, Banana-Fana-Fo-Fammy, Fee-Fie-Mo-Mammy!
    TAMMY!
    "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of hand guns and tequila." -- Mitch Ratliffe

YOU GUYS ARE SO SMART!

Totally a sterotypic descriptive!
    Black Canary owns your world.

yeah, well.... Rick's descriptive could beat their descriptives any day of the week! And his leaggle team will tell us when that day of the week is!
    OzBat!

Now with 150% more SNARK!

I promise that I understand your respect and toleration of my positions does not imply you agree with me. If you promise that my respect and toleration of your positions does not imply you have open season on mine.

Are you a Rules Lawyer? Try annoying someone who cares!

Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by TomStillwell View Post
    Only my mom gets to call me Tommy.
    I have been trying to get my mom to stop calling me Jimmy since 1969.

For some reason, that name really grates on me; I find it belittling and condescending, like the other person is trying to treat me like a little kid. I don't like it when my brothers call me that (except for one of them); there have only been two people aside from my mom and my brother that I have allowed to call me Jimmy and didn't resent it, but actually found it endearing. One was a friend from church, an older man, former LAPD motorcycle cop that I used to ride with when I had my bike, who was every bit the man I wish my dad had been. The other is a friend about my age, a stand-up comedian named Steve Altman, who said it so naturally that I didn't even notice he did it until he introduced me to some friends, and the discordant sound in my brain when they said it made my teeth hurt.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned this to you people.

Has Gotta Lust For Life! JamesRitcheyIII's Avatar
    In a wheatfield on the planet Mars, beneath a cold green sky and the distant stars.

Juh-Juh-Juh-JIMMYMAC!!!

I REALLY hate being called Jimmy, too. Always did. Aversion Reaction--my Dad only called me that when he was pissed off. Only my Sisters, Nieces and Nephews can get away with it...even then, just barely. I don't mind 'Jimbo', for some reason. Been called 'Ritchey', or 'Jim' by my friends since I was ten. My oldest friend calls me 'James', for some reason.
    Last edited by JamesRitcheyIII; 03-22-2010 at 09:15 AM.

People at work call me T-Bone but that in itself is another story.
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    And let's face it, Rick's gone from pro and semi-pro artists with talent and resumes, to, well, convicted murderers without those things.

Pretty soon he'll be asking stray cats to draw his Mary Sue adventures.
    Hey, you put an ink pad next to reams of white sheets of paper and dangle a can of tuna over the area and the story writes itself.

But that would take a level of expertise and commitment pRick could never have.

Comics as they should be! JTPencils's Avatar

I'll take Jim over some of the things I've been called in the past!!! LOL.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

You think he stopped reading this thread?

I just checked his beans and guns blog or whatever it is called, and he still has not edited the snopes link out that stands there as a testament to his stupidity.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Of course not. Health Care vote today? The Communists WON. He's down in his bunker (the ol' Van of Justice) with his storm lantern and his Ric Ollie action figures, waiting for armaggedon.
    OzBat!

Now with 150% more SNARK!

I promise that I understand your respect and toleration of my positions does not imply you agree with me. If you promise that my respect and toleration of your positions does not imply you have open season on mine.

Are you a Rules Lawyer? Try annoying someone who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by OzBat! View Post
    Of course not. Health Care vote today? The Communists WON. He's down in his bunker (the ol' Van of Justice) with his storm lantern and his Ric Ollie action figures, waiting for armaggedon.
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he's really doing something like that.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitcheyIII View Post
    Juh-Juh-Juh-JIMMYMAC!!!

I REALLY hate being called Jimmy, too. Always did. Aversion Reaction--my Dad only called me that when he was pissed off. Only my Sisters, Nieces and Nephews can get away with it...even then, just barely. I don't mind 'Jimbo', for some reason. Been called 'Ritchey', or 'Jim' by my friends since I was ten. My oldest friend calls me 'James', for some reason.
    The only thing worse than "Jimmy" would be if somebody tried to call me "Jamie". Eww. Infantile and effeminate, just what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post
    The only thing worse than "Jimmy" would be if somebody tried to call me "Jamie". Eww. Infantile and effeminate, just what I want.
    But... but... but... you KNOW another James who gets called "Jamie", and whom you would never dare call "infantile and effeminate"! "Childishly playful", maybe... but, considering how he rather towers over one, descriptions like that would be out of place! Besides, he has dragons at his beck and call!

But if you just mean that it would be that if they called YOU "Jamie"... okay. Duly noted. (Mental note: Next time I want to get his goat for being too childish, call MacQuarrie "Jamie". Gotcha.)

Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beach View Post
    But... but... but... you KNOW another James who gets called "Jamie", and whom you would never dare call "infantile and effeminate"! "Childishly playful", maybe... but, considering how he rather towers over one, descriptions like that would be out of place! Besides, he has dragons at his beck and call!

But if you just mean that it would be that if they called YOU "Jamie"... okay. Duly noted. (Mental note: Next time I want to get his goat for being too childish, call MacQuarrie "Jamie". Gotcha.)
    James can pull it off. At 18, I was 5'3" tall and looked like a frail 12-year-old; when my hair got long, people sometimes thought I was a girl. The last thing I needed was an androgynous name.