Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sk716 View Post
    Sho 'nuff.

If someone has an idea of where a recap has already been posted in thread it can be quoted into the new thread by cutting and pasting. I just don't currently have the hours it would take to go through the thread and find one.
    So, wait, did we find a place to keep this stuff safe? A lot is just silly, but SOME may be important evidence.
    Black Canary owns your world.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Ahhhhh fresh minty feel of a NEW THREAD !

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. LeMar View Post
    No Twitter updates since Oct. 22, or new blogs since Oct. 24th. And this is after multiple blog posts bragging about new "payment agreements" that he had made with people that he admitted owing money to, many of whom that he went out of his way to contact himself and promise payment, some of which were to start Nov. 1st.

The fact that he hasn't @ least deleted those posts, proves that whatever is going on, he definitely doesn't have access to a computer. Though recall that he once was offline for about 7 months during the course of the original thread, and then returned right back to his usual antics of threatening to file lawsuits against multiple people, and bragging about huge comic-book projects that he had in development, while blaming everyone else for his failure to make good on his debts. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again, and shows up eventually, acting the same.
    I have a bet he will resuface in Feb/March around that time. Its spring and all ...winter heating and costs will be gone. So I suspect he'll be back...lying about paying people and pissed at Rich Johnston.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    His last blog was 17th November 2009. His Facebook image on his other blogs showed a Father Christmas, so he was online in December.

Facebook image still is Father Christmas, so it's quite likely he's been off since then (or at least from Facebook). Rich Johnston giving him the Non-Payment of the Year award might have shattered him.
    Well after all his tough talk on Bleeding Cool and how he was gonna give the ones he paid off ...and information 1st to Rich , then within weeks claimed he changed his mind and would let him know...I knew he was fucking around as usual. Everyone could smell the BS rising more as he backtracked and ran from Rich and BC.

I know that he'll be back soon. Acting like he never promised to pay anyone as usual.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Haters Club Member 2,466 G-Spot's Avatar

With Pittsburgh Comicon coming at the end of April, I think in a month or two he'll start his "I'll be in Pittsburgh" proclamations.

...even though we all know he won't.

Again.

Same as it ever was.

You missed an opportunity here. I think you already SETTLED the original question in the original thread.

There's no doubt that Rick Olney's a fibber.

The REAL question is ... Rick Olney: Mega-Giganta-Fibber or Super-Ultra-Mega-Giganta Fibber?

Did you not use that thread title because of character limits in the names of threads?

Seriously, though, I know there are still a number of 'Rick Olneys' out there, but is Rick Olney himself still up to his old tricks? Really, you'd think he'd have wised up by now.

I ask this because I didn't really visit the original thread too often (because over 3400 pages was just too much to keep up with. Certain other discussion threads wrap up with 1000 pages before we start 'part 2' and such). So I'm kind of out of the loop as far as this issue goes.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Chris, most failed wannabe publishers fade and go away. But Olney is surprisingly persistent in his obnoxiousness. And he has a way of preying upon the hopes of up-and-comers in a very toxic way. At the start of an encounter, he can be convincing to a degree.

Hence, continued watchfulness is called for. He was able to keep up with his scams and shams for over a decade because people would just shrug him off and not consider the damage he could do to others. But the list of his victims eventually reached critical mass, and led to open exposure of the damage he caused. And happily, it turns out that the comics community can be very positively pro-active when they really understand what is going on.

So... even though the "danger" from the Subject Specimen seems ended, it's good to be vigilant. And to be reminded that what he did could be repeated by others, and we need to stop such things for everyone's benefit.

(Okay, enough with the lecture!)

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

Just look at Rich's other cause celebre -- Josh Hoopes. Just when you think he's gone he shows up with ANOTHER alias.

In some ways the general shrugging things off not only allowed Olney to flourish for a while it let Hoopes sucker who knows how many people and who knows how many OTHER scammers who never got caught?
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    So, wait, did we find a place to keep this stuff safe?
    Unscrewed! website, I was told. Once everything's been saved, anyway! (That means saving tons of silly stuff too, but it'd be quicker to do it that way rather than just saving the relevant posts.)
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by G-Spot View Post
    With Pittsburgh Comicon coming at the end of April, I think in a month or two he'll start his "I'll be in Pittsburgh" proclamations.

...even though we all know he won't.

Again.

Same as it ever was.
    Don't forget the taunting , slurring others and proclaiming he will meet _____ creator there and pay . Then a week before claims his goldfish or golden retriever got sick and he can't come.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Comics as they should be! JTPencils's Avatar

Hey, you have no idea how devastating it can be to lose a goldfish... and the vet bills alone! Oy!

Maybe the fact that he lost everyone who considered him a friend just too devastating (as now there is no one who will listen to his sordid tales), and he only has the wife to talk to.
    DOC Boucher
    www.inter-fan.org
    http://www.inter-fan.org/InterFanJam...fanJam2009.htm

Can you smell what Barack is cookin'?

"In MY universe...EVERYONE wins!"

"History holds tightly to her truths."

PAY TIM HIS MONEY, RICK!
    My favorite asinine quote by RO
    "I put words on paper and in places where the reader can feel comfortable on the plus or negative side."

Quote Originally Posted by THEDOC View Post
    Maybe the fact that he lost everyone who considered him a friend just too devastating (as now there is no one who will listen to his sordid tales), and he only has the wife to talk to.
    Man, she deserves a medal or a better ex-marine.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

Just when you think FB was safe I get this...AGAIN!

He ain't looking so good, maybe he was sick.
    DOC Boucher
    www.inter-fan.org
    http://www.inter-fan.org/InterFanJam...fanJam2009.htm

Can you smell what Barack is cookin'?

"In MY universe...EVERYONE wins!"

"History holds tightly to her truths."

PAY TIM HIS MONEY, RICK!
    My favorite asinine quote by RO
    "I put words on paper and in places where the reader can feel comfortable on the plus or negative side."

So, if he's hunting for friends, what's happened to Dennis?
    OzBat!

Now with 150% more SNARK!

I promise that I understand your respect and toleration of my positions does not imply you agree with me. If you promise that my respect and toleration of your positions does not imply you have open season on mine.

Are you a Rules Lawyer? Try annoying someone who cares!

He didn't look so good to begin with...
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have a bet he will resuface in Feb/March around that time. Its spring and all ...winter heating and costs will be gone. So I suspect he'll be back...lying about paying people and pissed at Rich Johnston.

Woooooo baby I had Feb or March called. Now its time he starts proclaiming that people will be paid. But due to his hamster dying , he was in such grief...he took 3 months off to grieve. All you wanting paid...fuck you ! Its his hamster !! Have you no souls you monsters ! A hamster died ...and Rick was gonna mourn and grieve for 3 months damn it.