Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2265

Half the time I can't even parse out what he's TRYING to say.
    Black Canary owns your world.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Lots of confusing updates both at Sequential Soil: http://sequentialsoul.blogspot.com

And Torrential Spirit: http://torrentialspirit.blogspot.com/
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Posting a pic of Tom's family must be a new low for Rick.
    http://sequentialsoul.blogspot.com/2...stillwell.html
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its hard to believe its been 5 years since Rick and the whole mess began. Its the fact he's wanting attention so bad now. Posting pics of people and their families , angry still he will be a NEVER WAS in the industry he so desperately wanted in.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Someday, I wonder if there will be a Convention Hall of Shame Panel, somwhere, where this story gets told.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Someday, I wonder if there will be a Convention Hall of Shame Panel, somwhere, where this story gets told.
    I'm pretty sure its joked about everywhere by now. After 5 years and all. Its a pretty pathetic game and all Rick does it for is the attention. This is all he has.

He's not accomplished anything. All he has is this right now. Being someone who posts pictures of a guys family and others online. Angry they are doing what he couldn't.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Default He's at it again!

Our beloved pRick had me, until today, designing a Facebook page for his Adirondack ComicFest, set to take place over Veterans' Day weekend and no doubt con those who have served our country. I even named the event. He was to pay me under the table for publicity and photography at the event.

Over the course of our correspondence, he began to seem more and more disturbed. Today he sent me this gem:

... we may want to consider making the Adirondack ComicFest group private, and here's why. I was working with Rick Parker to design our logo for the event and he made a post on HIS page promoting the event and, and also posted in the group -- and guess what? He got several emails from (who knows0 and then I got THIS email from him:

Rick--it seems as if you have a bad reputation in the comics industry (whether it's true or not) This morning, just when I am finally getting down to work on your logo, I am getting a lot of unpleasant messages from friends and associates warning me to stay away from you and have nothing more to do with you. Rick, I wanted to like you and think nice things about you, but the evidence against you and negative comments I'm getting about you have given me pause. I'm sorry, but I can't work for you. I don't know whether to believe any of this or not but can't afford to get involved in the controversy and drama. I hope you understand. Don't bother trying to get me to change my mind. Once my mind is made up I'm inflexible. Best of luck with your endeavors.--Rick Parker

I just signed Nick Jones from Green Lantern to guest at our event. Once I start announcing these guests ... we can't have trolls and troublemakers contacting them to try and sour them. Know what I mean? Any ideas?

I'm young and naive, so I had not requested references for pRick. I googled him, found a mountain of crap, and quickly cut all ties to him.

Rick Olney, you are an ill man. Please seek help.

Video Games give me PTS! Crowley's Avatar

This makes me very happy that Rick was not able to continue to con people.
    Last edited by Crowley; 06-08-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Rick Parker, the guy who did Beavis & Butt-head for Marvel?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    This makes me very happy that Rick was able to continue to con people.
    Is that sarcasm I sense? Fitting, as RO is so curmudgeonly that he is an insult to curmudgeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Rick Parker, the guy who did Beavis & Butt-head for Marvel?
    I'm afraid I'm not as well versed in the comics world as some, so I wouldn't know. pRick must have gotten really desperate, because I ain't much.

I mistyped. Meant to say I'm happy he was NOT able to continue to con people.

Quote Originally Posted by leftwingnutcase View Post
    pRick must have gotten really desperate, because I ain't much.
    He's been desperate for years now, ever since more and more professional artists heard about his rep.
    "We must fight on!"

It seems Olney might be trying to gear up another con. We're trying to alert the people he's contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    It seems Olney might be trying to gear up another con. We're trying to alert the people he's contacted.
    Oh god, seriously?

Has he not been sued by anyone yet?
    "We must fight on!"

Default Yup

Adirondack ComicFest to "benefit" vets over the Veteran's Day Weekend. I was his right-hand man (naive 24yo kid) on that until I was tipped off to this thread. Hell, I even named the thing!