Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2265
  1. #2161
    Video Games give me PTS! Crowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Seized, mayhap?
    Yup... Fucking iPhone spellchecker got me.

  2. #2162
    Elder Member Cam63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Oztrailya
    Posts
    27,733

    Default

    That bassterd.
    " Why do stars suddenly appear, every time I drink beer ? " ~~~ Karen Ellis

  3. #2163
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncing Boy View Post
    Okay, first of all, we're not locking or deleting this thread. However we are asking everyone to be civil here. There's been a lot of name calling here on both sides of the argument about closing this thread, and it's not cool. We also want you to be civil about Rick Olney in this thread. It's okay to post about some scam he's trying to run, or some lie he's told, but please try not to be insulting about it. Okay? Does that sound fair to everyone?
    I guess that is the official announcement that this is no longer an unmoderated thread.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  4. #2164
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,150

    Default

    Any news about the vague legal threats Rick made against Clifford Meth?

    And if Meth ever punches Rick in the jaw, can Rick then claim to suffer from "meth mouth"?
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  5. #2165
    Take that! Flamebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the Navy. . .
    Posts
    8,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    Yup... Fucking iPhone spellchecker got me.
    Why would you do that, to your phone?
    "In times of CRISIS, it's of utmost importance to always keep ones' head."- M. Antionette


    Dill Crockery Knoodle Jones-That Stillwell guy

  6. #2166
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    Why would you do that, to your phone?
    Have you seen the iPhone? That is one sexy piece of machinery.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  7. #2167
    My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Posts
    10,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I guess that is the official announcement that this is no longer an unmoderated thread.
    *sigh*

    Yes.

    The last vestiges of old YABS are gone.
    Last edited by KevinTBrown; 08-06-2010 at 05:56 AM.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

    Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

  8. #2168

    Default

    "Are" gone. Vestiges is plural.
    What WERE They Thinking?
    Updated Monday-Friday


    "My G-d, guard my tongue from evil, and my lips from speaking deceitfully" (Psalm 34:14).

    My comic stash

  9. #2169
    My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Posts
    10,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    "Are" gone. Vestiges is plural.
    You are correct.... and it's edited.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

    Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

  10. #2170
    Video Games give me PTS! Crowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    I'd like to request the mods re-sticky this thread.

    CBR gets a lot of traffic and it would suck if any freelancers get conned into Olney's shenanigans due ignorance about the man.

  11. #2171
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    I'd like to request the mods re-sticky this thread.

    CBR gets a lot of traffic and it would suck if any freelancers get conned into Olney's shenanigans due ignorance about the man.
    I second that motion.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  12. #2172
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24,794

    Default

    I don't think there is any need to have it stickyed. This thread seems to get bumped with off topic posts (such as this one) on a daily basis, and as such is always near the top of the board.

  13. #2173
    Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I would like to request that the thread remain as is. Making it a sticky again makes it look like this is some personal mission or main reason for this board and it really isn't.

    As Just Another User mentioned, it's always getting posts anyway, keeping it near the top.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

  14. #2174
    My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Posts
    10,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I second that motion.
    I third it.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

    Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

  15. #2175
    Has Gotta Lust For Life! JamesRitcheyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a wheatfield on the planet Mars, beneath a cold green sky and the distant stars.
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    Actually gang, I'm heading off to bed where after a good night sleep I hope to actually keep my word to myself and leave this little cesspool of a thread alone.

    I'm just starting to get all snarky and insulting to people, and that is just not what I came here to do.

    I hate this thread, I really do.

    I watched one person who I really liked turn from one of the nicest men I knew into a raving jerk in this thread, and he wasn't the only one. I saw all of these people who I know are good and decent people turn into a frothing mob all in this thread and nobody, not Gail, not the moderators,not anybody cared to do anything but encourage it.

    And what none of you seem to get is that all you are really doing is feeding Onley's ego and psychosis in the process.

    You want to expose the man as a crook?

    Awesome.

    But you know what, you don't get there by acting like idiots.

    I was really serious about the grace and dignity line a few posts back.

    When I read this thread, that's what I see people I honestly like and respect throwing away, grace and dignity.

    Be angry if you want, but really, this thread is toxic and it doesn't do anything good, for anyone.
    I don't know where to start, except to say: for every 1 toxic, stupid thing in this thread, there are 10 things that will keep anyone with an I.Q. over 100 from ever working for Olney. This thread serves THAT purpose, whether you are personally invested or not. For those of us who have dealt directly with this asshole, been threatened, robbed (dozens of people owed thousands), lied about, and in my case figuratively 'cock-blocked' from working in comics (having a book delayed by THREE YEARS!)--I say to you that I don't see how this thread affects you or any other part of CBR--one way or another.

    It's not some snakepit at CBR or YABS (as the result of 1 thread!), the way some other boards certainly are. The basis of your argument is a subjective straw man, because you've apparently not been damaged in recent memory--and are just tired of hearing about it.
    Last edited by JamesRitcheyIII; 08-07-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •