Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1279

I bought the Lords of Salem novelization through my Kindle reader yesterday: wow, that stunk. Glad I didn't waste money on the movie. Zombie just has no idea how to write really good, well developed characters. I didn't care about the lead or anyone else really. And while I was really expecting a bit of European Horror to drift in, there wasn't much beyond a Fulci-esque killing of one of the characters.

Today I bought (for the third time), Bazillion Points' Murder in the Front Row. The first two copies were damaged, here's hoping the third time is the charm. I am looking forward to it. BP puts out great books on the heavy metal and hardcore scenes from a variety of perspectives, but they tend to be too bleak for me. This one is fun.

Passing over Inferno for the time being.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

I just received a copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick.
    This will be my first "real" sci-fi Book (I tend to shy away from sci-fi although I watch a lot of movies of this genre) so I'm looking forward to it.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I picked up the paperback edition of Lee Child's "A Wanted Man".
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I picked up the paperback edition of the Dick Wolf novel The Intercept.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Replaced my copy of Dennis Etchinson's novelization of Carpenter's The Fog and finally bought the Howling novel (cannot believe I never read that.)

And returned Murder in the Front Row - damaged again and nowhere near the amount of Slayer, Possessed etc. pictures than those of Metallica.
    Last edited by aNamored; 06-01-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

I picked up the David Weber book House of Steel - The Honorverse Companion today.
    I'm on Twitter

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Looks like my pre-ordered copy of Stephen King's new Hard Case Crime PB, Joyland, is due to arrive at the house today.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Looks like my pre-ordered copy of Stephen King's new Hard Case Crime PB, Joyland, is due to arrive at the house today.
    Let's hope it's better than his last Hard Case novel.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Interestingly, a friend of mine who has no interest in King but is partial to mysteries & such liked it quite a bit after I mentioned it to him last year. I found the ambiguity of the (non)ending rather off-putting, myself, though I suppose in that respect it's true to the actual enigma that inspired it. Of course, that sort of thing isn't really why I, for one, read fiction.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 06-03-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

The new "Richard Castle" novel Storm Front.
    I'm on Twitter

As noob as they come... Radj4ck's Avatar

Just received:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman
    The Children of Húrin by JRR Tolkien
    And an extra copy of The Yellow Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee (I want to give this one to a friend of mine)

Happy days with a lot to read!

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Indexing by Seanan McGuire. I've been trying to stay away from Kindle serials, but I can't say no to a story about defeating evil through the power of cataloging.
    Last edited by Expletive Deleted; 06-12-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Expletive Deleted

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    (...) defeating evil through the power of cataloging.
    That's what librarians have been doing all these years, right?
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    That's what librarians have been doing all these years, right?
    Well, we like to think so.
    Expletive Deleted

Went to the Origins convention here in Columbus today and picked up the con exclusive anthology of super-heroic fiction called Heroes, with stories form the likes of Timothy Zahn, Michael Stackpole, and others, most of whom were on hand to sign the book.

Promo poster for book: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ITLTZGda3m...over_front.jpg

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco