Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1279

I just used my $170 in Xmas gift cards: got Vanity Fair, A History of Science from the View of Scientific Instruments, America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't, Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me, My Booky Wook, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future, Star Trek: Inception, Doctor Who: The Widows Curse, Firefly: The Shephards Tale, Dilbert: Teamwork Means You Can't Pick the Side That's Right, Sweet Tooth vol. 1, Saucer Country vol. 4 and a Bunny Suicides wall calendar.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I just used my $170 in Xmas gift cards: got Vanity Fair, A History of Science from the View of Scientific Instruments, America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't, Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me, My Booky Wook, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future, Star Trek: Inception, Doctor Who: The Widows Curse, Firefly: The Shephards Tale, Dilbert: Teamwork Means You Can't Pick the Side That's Right, Sweet Tooth vol. 1, Saucer Country vol. 4 and a Bunny Suicides wall calendar.
    I just read Vanity Fair again a few months ago, about 25 years after the first time. It's one of those classics that totally lives up to its status. In this book, at least, Thackeray offers an interesting contrast to his contemporary, Dickens, as his authorial voice is unsentimental to the point of cynicism.

my latest purchases:

Rogue Moon - Algis Budrys
    The Mill on the Floss - George Eliot
    How the Dead Live - Derek Raymond
    Nightmare Town - Dashiell Hammett

The Hammett and the Eliot are probably the two I will get to soonest, though I might just sample a few stories from the Hammett anthology rather than read the whole thing through.
    Last edited by berk; 01-02-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    I just read Vanity Fair again a few months ago, about 25 years after the first time. It's one of those classics that totally lives up to its status. In this book at least, Thackeray offers an interesting contrast to his contemporary Dickens, as his authorial voice is unsentimental to the point of cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Doctor Who: The Widows Curse, Firefly: The Shephards Tale,
    Fans of both.

I decided to pick up "The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena." That's always interested me, and I've done some of my own research into reviewing such cases like telepathy or intuitive notions.

Quote Originally Posted by JTheCreator View Post
    Fans of both.

I decided to pick up "The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena." That's always interested me, and I've done some of my own research into reviewing such cases like telepathy or intuitive notions.
    It's too bad I didn't get any Star Wars or Stargate stuff: together with Star Trek, Firefly and Dr. Who I could've completed the geek quinfecta.

Quote Originally Posted by JTheCreator View Post
    Fans of both.

It's too bad I didn't get any Star Wars or Stargate stuff: together with Star Trek, Firefly and Dr. Who I could've completed the geek quinfecta.

One of Archard's Agents Amacent's Avatar

Got the beautiful B&N leatherbound classic Charles Dickens collection containing his stories: Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, and A Tale of Two Cities. I've only read A Christmas Carol before so I can't wait to read all of them especially Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities.

16 moons by Margaret Stohl.

A movie adaptation is due for February i think and as i'm so not going to dodge that one (my wife and my younger sisters being already all hyped and pumped about it) i just thought, hey, let's buy a copy of the damn book and see by myself what this is about.

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

Drood by Dan Simmons. I know pretty much nothing about it. Surprise, surprise.

Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz. Looks like something my kid could enjoy so i picked it up for him.

Yeah, two kinda impulsive buy.

Edit : oh, and Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, on Amazon.

Nice little cheap box set. 18 bucks for the two books plus a little booklet about the series.

Cool.
    Last edited by The Green Condom; 01-04-2013 at 08:36 AM.

I just picked up the ebook version of Finn's Golem, the brand new book by Gregg Taylor. As a fan of his books as well as his audio drama work, I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:
    Home of the Red Panda and Black Jack Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    I can't wait to read all of them especially Great Expectations
    Ah, Miss Havisham...you so craayzee.

"The Book of Lost Things" and "The Infernals" by John Connolly.

A storm of swords by George RR Martin.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

John Skipp - The Scream (used)
    Martin novelization by Suzanne Sparrow and George Romero (replacing before it becomes way too expensive - used)
    Richard Lortz - Children of the Night (used)
    Peter Childs - Inspector Hadley the Royal Russian Murders & Inspector Hadley - The Satan Murders
    Massimo Carlotto - Death's Dark Abyss (used)
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...