Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1277
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

The latest edition of the Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker. Every few years I reread that because it's just so good.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    The Tenant by Roland Topor
    After looking this up on wiki this I think I'll put it on my own to-read list. Have you read anything else by this writer?

Just ordered online:

Crime Stories and Other Writings - Dashiell Hammett:
    I wanted a collection of Hammett's short stories since that's arguably where the whole hard-boiled school of detective fiction might be said to have started. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any single volume that collects all of Hammett's short stories, so I settled on this one. I'll probably want to get two other Hammett collections, The Big Knockover and especially Nightmare Town as well, which should just about cover his short fiction.

Life of Charlotte Brontė - Elizabeth Gaskell:
    I've been reading or re-reading several of the Brontė sisters' novels and other writings over the last few months and knew I wanted to try this as soon as I heard about it. Gaskell was a good novelist herself and a personal friend of Charlotte Brontė's, so I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    After looking this up on wiki this I think I'll put it on my own to-read list. Have you read anything else by this writer?
    Only the Tenant, and that was a while back ago.

I remember enjoying it but I couldn't remember much of the story; so I decided to buy it so I can get reacquainted with it.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

The Hot Rock
    Bank Shot
    Jimmy the Kid
    Nobody's Perfect
    Why Me?
    Good Behavior
    Drowned Hopes
    by Donald Westlake

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I picked up Jon Land's new Blaine McCracken novel Pandora's Temple yesterday.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Sideways in Crime. Following is the synopsis from goodreads.

An anthology on the theme of Alternative History and Crime, featuring stories from the genre's foremost writers. Contributors include: Kage Baker, Stephen Baxter, Tobias Buckell, Pat Cadigan, Paul Di Filippo, Jon Courtenay Grimwood, Theodore Judson, Jack McDevitt, John Meaney, Paul Park, Mike Resnick & Eric Flint, Mary Rosenblum, Chris Roberson, Justina Robson, Kristine Kathryn Rusch and SM Stirling.

Ive been reading the Ravenloft Compendium books lately, written by "Van Richten" or something. I have to say I'm getting quite addicted to them.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I picked up the Star Trek The Next Generation novel Cold Equations #3 - The Body Electric by David Mack.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Not a book i bought but one who was given to me as a present. (birthday, 20th of December)

The Twilight saga, the complete film archive. Which is an awesome gift that i really appreciate cause i kinda hate those movies and now i can learn lot of useless stuff i don't give a crap about concerning them.

It's like giving a Viking jersey to a Packers fan, the melange of irony and derision is excellent.
    Last edited by Castel; 12-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.

My sister gave me the book I asked for for Xmas. Hank Phillippi Ryan's The Other Woman. It was named one of the best novels of the year by Suspense magazine.
    I'm on Twitter

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin

Sara Paretsky's Break Down.
    I'm on Twitter

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Donald M.; 12-29-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post

Crime Stories and Other Writings - Dashiell Hammett:
    I wanted a collection of Hammett's short stories since that's arguably where the whole hard-boiled school of detective fiction might be said to have started. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any single volume that collects all of Hammett's short stories, so I settled on this one. I'll probably want to get two other Hammett collections, The Big Knockover and especially Nightmare Town as well, which should just about cover his short fiction.
    I'm actually curious about this one. I'm trying to get into detective stories so I may have to give it a shot. I'm a writer and making a detective story is a huge challenge.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark