Page 104 of 252 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3779

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

More seriously, I loved that game. SMTs are usually awesome, and those on the DS didn't fail to deliver.
    I played all the Persona games, and gave very little time to Nokturne, so this is my first real try at it.
    I think i was craving a dungeon crawler or something, but yes, i am enjoying it, and i just got Jack Frost so that's kept me happy.

If you like Tactical RPGs, I advise you to get Devil Survivor. It rocks, and isn't mindboggingly hard, aside from the bonus boss.

I personally liked it better than I did Strange Journey, but that's probably because I tend to prefer characterization and story over dungeon crawling.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Sarah Kerrigan Zerg Queen Kyle_Ion's Avatar

I am currently playing Radiant Historia for the moment; and for me it is quite addicting. You have several party members you get; though there are 4 that are you main party members and they are Raynie, Marco, Aht, Gafka.

My favorite party members that I prefer to use is Raynie, Marco, Aht.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Ion View Post
    I am currently playing Radiant Historia for the moment; and for me it is quite addicting. You have several party members you get; though there are 4 that are you main party members and they are Raynie, Marco, Aht, Gafka.

My favorite party members that I prefer to use is Raynie, Marco, Aht.
    Radiant Historia rocks.

And Stocke is freaking awesome. People who actually use their abilities smartly in cutscenes are so rare...

Radiant Historia rocks.

And Stocke is freaking awesome. People who actually use their abilities smartly in cutscenes are so rare...
    I find that the problem is often using super powers in cutscenes, and being kind of lame in game.
    See any MGS game, but especialy Twin Snakes and MGS4, or any Final Fantasy game since 8.
    Randomly developed super powers in cutscenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I find that the problem is often using super powers in cutscenes, and being kind of lame in game.
    See any MGS game, but especialy Twin Snakes and MGS4, or any Final Fantasy game since 8.
    Randomly developed super powers in cutscenes!
    Yeah, but that's the thing. Stocke actually has those powers in the gameplay.

Well, he *does* get the mysterious cutscene ability to one-shot enemies that normally require multiple hits, but I'm willing to buy that it's because he sneaks attack them so they don't get the time to defend themselves.

Yeah, but that's the thing. Stocke actually has those powers in the gameplay.

Well, he *does* get the mysterious cutscene ability to one-shot enemies that normally require multiple hits, but I'm willing to buy that it's because he sneaks attack them so they don't get the time to defend themselves.
    I haven't played it, so i wasn't argueing with you, just saying it sounds like the opposite of the norm, which is characters doing things they normaly do over the course of the game in cutscenes.

Hell, in ME2 cutscenes Shepard can make amazing jumps, in the actual game he can't jump unless it's a 2 foot leap over a piece of cover.

It is, it's the only JRPG i have truly enjoyed since Chrono Trigger.
    Well...actually i liked Persona 3 and 4, but i dunno if those count.
    Which could actually mean that it's bad since i don't like the genre. But it's deep as far as combat goes, it's incredibly open ended(i stopped playing for a bit, came back, and forgot what i was suppose to be doing), it's very charming and never hints at being pretentious.
    Just a great, great game.
    I actually have it right now but I plan on finishing Dragon Quest VI first (starting it in a few days). My reason is that if I play Dragon Quest IX now I may not enjoy VI as much.

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.
    Holy crap is this...a SMT game.
    I had fun with it but didn't think it was as good as Nocturne. The story wasn't as good The last dungeon is awesome, though: it's so complex it feels more like a Zelda dungeon than a dungeon in a JRPG. I liked that the game tried to make alignment an important tactical feature but it just wasn't as much fun as the press turn system in Nocturne. I hated the demon source system as well. Being able to summon demons for macca at any point is a nice change for the series but it sucks a lot of the tension out of the dungeon crawling. And the story isn't as gripping as it is in other games in the series.

Hey, if you're happy to have Jack Frost, you're going to love some of the new Frosts that are introduced in this game...

Just started Tactics Ogre. Incredible game -- clearly the work of people who love the strategy RPG genre and have put a lot of thought into making the game fun to play. The take on chaos and law is interesting.

Started playing Assassin Creed's 2 for awhile, but took a break to play Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. I havent played too many DW games outside of the Gundam stuff, so I find it a little slow compared to them, but a very, very good "ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA" simulator.

*Random Encounter gets the first turn and uses your weakness!*

*Game Over*

*You've managed to lower Alice to a fifth of her HP!*

"Die for me!"

*You aren't immune to Dark. Game Over*

*Ouroboros decided to spam Disaster Cycle!*

*Game Over*

More seriously, I loved that game. SMTs are usually awesome, and those on the DS didn't fail to deliver.
    I think the main reason I like megaten is that it's actually hard so you have to pay attention. You can't just zone out and spam attack through random battles like you can in most Final Fantasy games.

Sarah Kerrigan Zerg Queen Kyle_Ion's Avatar

Radiant Historia rocks.

I agree that stocke is awesome in this game; you know how in some rpgs/jrpgs the hero/heroine is oblivious to a party member that likes/interested in the hero. Well in radiant historia Stocke is not oblivious to Raynie and her interest in him and its not a friendly interest either its more than that.

well if you beat the game you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
    . Being able to summon demons for macca at any point is a nice change for the series but it sucks a lot of the tension out of the dungeon crawling. And the story isn't as gripping as it is in other games in the series.

Hey, if you're happy to have Jack Frost, you're going to love some of the new Frosts that are introduced in this game...
    Wasn't new,Persona 3 did it first.
    It also had Black Frost, win!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post

Just started Tactics Ogre. Incredible game -- clearly the work of people who love the strategy RPG genre and have put a lot of thought into making the game fun to play. The take on chaos and law is interesting.
    Well, yeah,it's the game the genre has been ripping off for over a decade.

Need For Speed Hot Persuit, Quantum of Solace and Portal 2.

I tried some more Castle Crashers. I still do not understand the appeal.