Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She demonstrated pre-cog in her bar room brawl and on the soldiers. She also predicted the reaver attack (even saw a reaver attacking a particular person).
    That's a good start.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I actually don't recall seeing any blatant precog in that fight, not on the level of Cris. Of either fights.

Odd. I recall that one differently. I remember her glancing out, and with a single glance determining the location of the three soldiers. Then, with insane level of body control, spacial awareness, and precision, blindly firing out the door without looking and killing all three.

Amazing spacial awareness, body control, skill with a pistol...impossible even. But I don't recall any actual precog, or her shooting exactly when they popped up (they were already popped up and shooting at anyone who poked their head out, hence her firing blindly).

Anyone have the clips for these three scenes?
    I remembered it differently.

She looked out, the three were firing, she ducks back and the three duck down.

She looked at Kaylee, grabs the gun, and without looking, fires three times, nailing each soldier, I could have sworn, in the head as they popped back up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Okay, just forced myself to watch the bar fight sequence again.

I saw no evidence of precog, just good battlefield perception. In fact, she gets slugged in the face and grabbed from behind.

Just forced myself to watch the 'fight against Reavers' sequence. Again, no evidence of precog, at least not that I saw. She's just really skilled, and basically waves her blade at anything near her and it falls over. While she dodges.

Something Tim Drake could easily accomplish against the Reavers in a similar situation, if he used a couple of blades.

Okay, just forced myself to watch the bar fight sequence again.

I saw no evidence of precog, just good battlefield perception. In fact, she gets slugged in the face and grabbed from behind.
    Ehh, the grab didn't really inconvience her.

The punch does count, I suppose.

But concidering, other tha that, she danced through the place and got the only unauthorized gun (which she in no way could of known about before hand) and outdrew Mal, something else was at work there.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Just forced myself to watch the 'fight against Reavers' sequence. Again, no evidence of precog, at least not that I saw.
    Well, in an inclosed room (initially unarmed), she survived against how many reavers?

Seemingly uninjured herself?

A 90lbs girl against fully grown, berserker reavers?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Well, in an inclosed room (initially unarmed), she survived against how many reavers?

Seemingly uninjured herself?

A 90lbs girl against fully grown, berserker reavers?
    Doesn't provide automatic proof of combat precog. Where is it in the vid? Especially since there's no evidence of it elsewhere.

Tim Drake would have smoked those guys.

I have the shooting sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ahi7J0IAA

All three guards are not ducking down. River sticks her head out. They shoot at her. They are not shown to duck. She says 'Can't look, can't look', shoots three times, they all die.

The first guy takes the bullet in the chest - he's just standing there and gets hit, he's not popping back up. We don't see where the other two take the bullets - but we don't see any headshots.

So where's the precog?

Heck, you can hear the guards still shooting while River is saying 'Can't look, can't look', proving they're still standing up, exposed.

That's what I get for relying on my memory. Good finds, Sharp.

There still her predicting the Reaver attack when Mal and co. were robbing the bank well ahead of the reavers actually landing (they were still in high orbit).
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

That's what I get for relying on my memory. Good finds, Sharp.
    Thanks. :) I've been massively screwed over by a faulty memory, so I know where you're coming from.

There still her predicting the Reaver attack when Mal and co. were robbing the bank well ahead of the reavers actually landing (they were still in high orbit).
    Precognition, sure! But is it 'combat precog'? Having a vision of an event (like a seer) is a lot different from 'that guy's going to dodge left and throw a kick, while his buddy is going to try to tackle me'.

We didn't really see any 'combat precog' from River, from where I stand. Just fantastic training/skill, great battlefield awareness, spacial awareness similar (but to a lesser extent) to Cyclops', levels of strength and hitting power one wouldn't expect from a girl her size, etc.

She was a top fighter for her universe, no doubt about it.

Thanks. :) I've been massively screwed over by a faulty memory, so I know where you're coming from.

Precognition, sure! But is it 'combat precog'? Having a vision of an event (like a seer) is a lot different from 'that guy's going to dodge left and throw a kick, while his buddy is going to try to tackle me'.

We didn't really see any 'combat precog' from River, from where I stand. Just fantastic training/skill, great battlefield awareness, spacial awareness similar (but to a lesser extent) to Cyclops', levels of strength and hitting power one wouldn't expect from a girl her size, etc.

She was a top fighter for her universe, no doubt about it.
    I suppose a level of mind reading could also explain how well she did. We know she used TP several times, so.......
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

I suppose a level of mind reading could also explain how well she did. We know she used TP several times, so.......
    Could be some of that as well, adding into the battlefield awareness.

:)