Page 228 of 234 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3508
  1. #3406
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    And they got it organized in three minutes. However, it did appear to me that, had he not been shot, the cranes still would have been necessary, so I'm not sure yet why getting shot mattered.
    The whole crane thing was the dumbest thing they ever did in a Spider-Man movie. What Spidey swings off of is literally the least important thing about a Spider-Man story (unless it's a joke like PAD's Commuter issue). And it destroys any credibility of this film being "more serious" than the Raimi movies.

    Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    are yuo FUCKING SERIOUS ? it wasnt a sapient lizard, it was a GIANT LIZARD MUTANT ! how was peter suposed to know it was inteligent ? Did you pay attention to the movie at all ? He took the pictures becouse he though he could make a buck by showing there is a lizard in the sewers as the newpaper clip claimed reward, JUST LIKE HE DID IN THE COMICS (same motivation) !! Also no one made the correlation that peter thought the lizard in school just like in the comics he fought sandman ? i though that was a pretty cool nod, also how he used cold against him like he did in the comics to defeat him.

    Face, you don't like the movie for lack of mj.
    He only seemed concerned about taking a picture of the Lizard for a brief moment. It's weak justification for the Lizard to learn Spidey's true identity.

    (And don't even get me started on the skateboard stuff. That was even more pointless.)

    I have said many times that I don't mind that MJ isn't in this movie. I'm actually unhappy that Jonah wasn't in the movie.

    But the idea that this film is "more true" to Spider-Man mythos than the Raimi films is laughable. There are just as many changes here as the Raimi films had. And there are people who say this is more true to Spider-Man also arguing that Gwen will survive these movies. (John Romita Sr. says otherwise on that front.)

    (And the crane scene is still the dumbest thing they ever did to a Spider-Man movie.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  2. #3407
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    the cranes made a straight line to oscorp tower otherwise spidey would take longer as he was already limping, it wasnt stupid, it was better then the ny vs goblin.

  3. #3408
    Senior Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moshyberry View Post
    This is supposed to be a discussion about whether or not you think Gwen will die and why.
    At the risk of continuing a moment off topic...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moshyberry View Post
    I'm not sure how else they would have shown a way for the Lizard to find out Peter's identity
    Why exactly was it important to the story for the Lizard to learn Spider-man's identity? Apparently so they could have a fight scene at Peter's school.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

  4. #3409
    Senior Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    the cranes made a straight line to oscorp tower otherwise spidey would take longer as he was already limping, it wasnt stupid, it was better then the ny vs goblin.
    He limped for 3 steps after the cranes were lined up. After that his leg never bothered him the rest of the movie.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

  5. #3410
    Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    24,199

    Default

    I'd say you can nitpick the original movie as much as the reboot.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

    If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

  6. #3411
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    He limped for 3 steps after the cranes were lined up. After that his leg never bothered him the rest of the movie.
    its called adrenaline surge, in the fight against the lizard he still sort of limp in some scenes, in others he moves as nimble as ever.

  7. #3412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    its called adrenaline surge, in the fight against the lizard he still sort of limp in some scenes, in others he moves as nimble as ever.
    I'd say healing factor would also be part of it, in the time Peter rested his leg during the easy-peasy web-sling, his leg managed to recover enough to fight. He is Spider-man after all.

    Also, this is from a while back, but I saw both Nolan Batman movies yesterday for the first time and holy crap is the whole "realism" thing out of proportion. THERE'S A FIELD-BASED SUPER-MICROWAVE THAT MAGICALLY MAKES WATER BECOME STEAM STRONG ENOUGH TO BLOW STUFF UP A LITTLE WITH NO DAMAGE. I don't think Adam West dealt with stuff like that.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

  8. #3413
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moshyberry View Post
    Why are people arguing about the minor plot holes?
    First time on the internet, eh?

  9. #3414
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    At the risk of continuing a moment off topic...
    Sorry, this post was originally in the 'Do you think Gwen Stacy will die in the Amazing Spiderman' movie thread, but it was moved. I apologize.

  10. #3415
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    First time on the internet, eh?
    This post was also originally in the 'Do you think Gwen Stacy will die in the Amazing Spiderman' movie thread, but it was moved and people were getting a little off topic arguing about his camera in a specific thread.

  11. #3416
    Member refrax5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAltarOfMyEgo View Post
    To be fair, I only notice these things because of all of the Nolan Batman fans I know who are constantly proclaiming how "realistic" his take is.
    There was something Frank Miller said in his more rational days about Batman and how realism is a very fine line to walk with the character because while he can lend himself to street level stories, if you make it TOO realistic, it only serves to highlight how absurd and unrealistic the character actually is.

    I'm not knocking the Nolan movies. I really enjoy them. But I do think people praising realism in a superhero movie are maybe barking up the wrong tree. I personally do not read Batman or Spider-Man for "realism." That, of course, doesn't mean you can't treat the stories with an element of groundedness and seriousness, which I think ASM did, for the most part. It wasn't realistic, but overall, it had a more serious, less cartoony tone.

    Generally speaking, though, I'd say both ASM and the Raimi films captured elements of Spider-Man really well. I don't think one version is necessarily more or less faithful than the others. They both got different things right, but also took a lot of liberties. That doesn't really bother me. Honestly, I like ASM more as a matter of preferene, simply because I like the characters more. I thought the people in the film felt more real and less cliche. I liked that Peter was funny and articulate and interesting, which I felt was more in line with the comics and while one can argue that Gwen was maybe a bit too perfect, I still found her a far more likable and fun character than Dunst's MJ. I love MJ in the comics, but really didn't care for her in the Raimi films. But, yeah, I found Peter in ASM to be a lot more interesting and funny.

  12. #3417
    Dean-A-Ling-A-Ling RickyD410's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    I realize I'm a little late to the party here, but I have to say... I saw the movie last night and holy crap. I'm obsessed. I loved it so much. Thinking about maybe reading the comics now too...

  13. #3418
    The Governator ImpulseUCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Realism in movies is a really tricky thing to get right, especially in superhero movies. On the one hand, superheroes are inherently fantastical, but on the other, a sense of internal consistency and believability is critical to keep the audience engaged. Something like Nolan's Batman movies are held to a higher realism standard than, say, Spider Man, because he went to efforts to ground it as a believable, street-level story with real dangers, etc. That's why, for me, some of the stretching on physical limits and injuries in that movie took me out of the film. Spider Man is innately more fantasy because, I mean, for goodness sake, the guy gets magical powers when he gets bit by a radioactive spider. Super strength, durability, and agility are par for the course, and in this context it's easier to write a lot more off to super powers or super advanced science.

  14. #3419
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Realism in movies is a really tricky thing to get right, especially in superhero movies. On the one hand, superheroes are inherently fantastical, but on the other, a sense of internal consistency and believability is critical to keep the audience engaged. Something like Nolan's Batman movies are held to a higher realism standard than, say, Spider Man, because he went to efforts to ground it as a believable, street-level story with real dangers, etc. That's why, for me, some of the stretching on physical limits and injuries in that movie took me out of the film. Spider Man is innately more fantasy because, I mean, for goodness sake, the guy gets magical powers when he gets bit by a radioactive spider. Super strength, durability, and agility are par for the course, and in this context it's easier to write a lot more off to super powers or super advanced science.
    Look, I can believe he can web up his bullet wounds, I believe that a man bit by a genetically altered spider can get powers but what I can't believe is that a girl would ask someone else to wash her boyfriend's car, a man would put a bottle on a sleeping boy's forehead, or a store clerk wouldn't understand what a "take a penny, leave a penny" container was for. There were too many times I found myself asking "who the heck does this" through the film.

  15. #3420
    Peter Parker Darman456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Look, I can believe he can web up his bullet wounds, I believe that a man bit by a genetically altered spider can get powers but what I can't believe is that a girl would ask someone else to wash her boyfriend's car, a man would put a bottle on a sleeping boy's forehead, or a store clerk wouldn't understand what a "take a penny, leave a penny" container was for. There were too many times I found myself asking "who the heck does this" through the film.
    I'm not saying that the Amazing Spider-Man didn't have moments where you went "What? Why?" but I think people let a lot more slide with Nolan's Batman films. In fact, there are even more parts in the Dark Knight Rises were I was like "What? Why?" than in the Amazing Spider-Man. The parts you listed above, yes. Lizard's motivations, however, were his motivations in the comics. Plus, you can't really dwelve deeper into the Lizard. The Lizard isn't a fully dimensional villain. He's really just a guy you're supposed to feel sorry for. That's why they chose him. Lizard is such a superficial character you can fit him into a hero's origin story. Green Goblin, in the first Raimi film, didn't really show his full potential as a villain for that reason. I just hope, now that they've gotten past the first film, they can start with better villains with more dimensions and better motivations. The Dark Knight Rises had just as many (if not more so) places where you questioned it than the Amazing Spider-Man. Plus, however slow you say the Amazing Spider-Man was, many could argue the Dark Knight Rises' exposition was pretty much the whole movie.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •