Page 143 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3508

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    People need to stop raggin' on this flick. Whine, bitch, moan, cry me a river. Some of you extreme fanboys need to get out of your basements once in a while and be a bit more open minded.
    You really shouldn't attack people for having different opinions. Though the fact you use open-minded while raging about people having different opinions than you is kind of funny though.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 05-15-2012 at 07:12 AM.

+1 to you charlesthehammer for being a voice of reason.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

After rewatching Spider-Man 2 recently I'm so looking forward to a new Director's take on the character. It was almost painful to rewatch what I considered the best Spider-Man movie. The dialouge, the unconvincing love triangle, the silly musical interlude, and Doc Ock made out to be controlled by his mechanical arms. I know Raimi claims to love the Lee & Ditko Spidey stories but wow, was he reading the same stories I was? When was MJ repeatedly made out to be the damsel in distress? When did Spidey become unfunny? And rewatch this film and tell me that the constant screaming by women doesn't annoy you. I know Raimi has a horror film background but I'm a million percent confident he cast Dunst mainly because, of her screaming ability.

After seeing the latest footage I'm very much looking forward to a new take on the character that will more than likely not feature a love triangle, a sympathetic villain, and the love interest getting kidnapped. Yes all those things happened in every Raimi Spidey movie, I guess it was his formula for box office success. his long time Spidey fan is looking forward to something new and not so predictable.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    new pictures ,click to enlarge
    Attachment 93059
    Attachment 93060
    Attachment 93061
    Hah. Look at little Peter's right hand.

What a stinker.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    After rewatching Spider-Man 2 recently I'm so looking forward to a new Director's take on the character. It was almost painful to rewatch what I considered the best Spider-Man movie. The dialouge, the unconvincing love triangle, the silly musical interlude, and Doc Ock made out to be controlled by his mechanical arms. I know Raimi claims to love the Lee & Ditko Spidey stories but wow, was he reading the same stories I was? When was MJ repeatedly made out to be the damsel in distress? When did Spidey become unfunny? And rewatch this film and tell me that the constant screaming by women doesn't annoy you. I know Raimi has a horror film background but I'm a million percent confident he cast Dunst mainly because, of her screaming ability.

After seeing the latest footage I'm very much looking forward to a new take on the character that will more than likely not feature a love triangle, a sympathetic villain, and the love interest getting kidnapped. Yes all those things happened in every Raimi Spidey movie, I guess it was his formula for box office success. his long time Spidey fan is looking forward to something new and not so predictable.
    Spider-man was a bit funny in Spider-man 2 or am I thinking of the video game adaptation of the movie ?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    that scene was freaking awesome. That is totally spidey. He actually has a very good reason to remove his mask. Very powerful.
    THIS! To risk his identity so as to let the kid borrow the mask and make him wear it to give him courage is such a Peter Parker thing to do! Situations exactly like this why the character is the coolest! Well played indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Although I think it would be more interesting if MJ didn't show up until after Gwen died..
    But then we would be deprived of the amazing MJ/Gwen bonding and MJ's adorable nicknames for Gwen like "Blue Eyes" and "Tigress". Not to mention the Epilogue scene between Peter and Mary Jane from ASM #122 won't be able to play out if MJ is introduced after Gwen's death. After all, the reason Gwen Stacy's death cannot be fully slotted under "Women in Refrigerators" is because it was Mary Jane's characterization and prominence which benefited even more than Peter's growth from Gwen's death, while WiR dictates that the sole recipients of character development from the acts of violence on female characters should be male characters.

Also, the fact that it was Gwen's death, the common tragedy, which brought together Peter and MJ is what makes their relationship so dynamic and richer than say, Superman and Lois Lane. After all, Peter+MJ is Gwen Stacy's greatest legacy. It would be a major wasted opportunity once again to not play this out poignantly in the new series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Its unfair to call something better than something else when you have only seen one. You know do to one not being out yet. I mean all your complaints could (emphasis on could) apply to ASM as well.
    Keyword: Possibly
    Keywords: More heart
    Conclusion: Possibly good to recommend and memorable

Actors here stated how it's something good
    Actors in twilight don't like the project
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post

It was always piss poor, I've never understood why anybody likes those films, Tobey Maguire is an awful Peter Parker, he's a boring lump of meat who exists solely to wear the Spidey suit, he makes the same dull facial expression throughout the film and talks like he's mentally slow. He shows little to no interest in science at all, so I as the audience do not care that he's misses his classes, why should I? He's a complete arse to his uncle Ben right before he dies, he never cracks a smile, MJ is a completely vacuous idiot, Peter has very little reason for liking her. The villains are all laughable, The Green Goblin in particular is cringeworthy, Willem Defoe delivers a terrible performance, his suit is terrible and his dialogue is worse, worse than the rest of the awful dialogue in those films. The only redeeming feature is JJJ who is utterly perfect in every way, he couldn't have been better.

The new films looks excellent, the first ever promo picture was enough to prove that; a fuzzy-haired Peter Parker who's still in high school, with a backpack slung over his shoulder and web-shooters on his wrists, along with it being titled "The Amazing Spider-Man" I knew this picture would be excellent. Everything we've seen affirms my expectations, this is the film I wanted when I was 10 years old back in 2002, going to the cinema dressed as Spider-Man, not the shit-sandwich I was served.
    Though the world may mock Peter Parker, the timid teenager...
    It will soon marvel at the awesome might of...
    SPIDER-MAN

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    But then we would be deprived of the amazing MJ/Gwen bonding and MJ's adorable nicknames for Gwen like "Blue Eyes" and "Tigress". Not to mention the Epilogue scene between Peter and Mary Jane from ASM #122 won't be able to play out if MJ is introduced after Gwen's death. After all, the reason Gwen Stacy's death cannot be fully slotted under "Women in Refrigerators" is because it was Mary Jane's characterization and prominence which benefited even more than Peter's growth from Gwen's death, while WiR dictates that the sole recipients of character development from the acts of violence on female characters should be male characters.

Also, the fact that it was Gwen's death, the common tragedy, which brought together Peter and MJ is what makes their relationship so dynamic and richer than say, Superman and Lois Lane. After all, Peter+MJ is Gwen Stacy's greatest legacy. It would be a major wasted opportunity once again to not play this out poignantly in the new series as well.
    This movie isn't trying to follow the broad strokes of the established canon. And they've shown that by taking out Jonah and putting a lot of emphasis on Peter's biological father. (Among other things.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Spider-man was a bit funny in Spider-man 2 or am I thinking of the video game adaptation of the movie ?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the humor in the Spider-man films to me always seemed to come from the situations, moreso than Peter cracking wise.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

This movie needs Jonah so badly. I'm not even kidding in the slightest.
    THIS! I am pretty excited for this movie and all but I really wish JJJ was in it.

This movie isn't trying to follow the broad strokes of the established canon. And they've shown that by taking out Jonah and putting a lot of emphasis on Peter's biological father. (Among other things.)
    Not that that proves they won't get there eventually. The Stacies, Peter's parents and the Lizard are the focus to differentiate the reboot from the previous franchise but that doesn't mean elements from the previous franchise like MJ, Jonah and the Daily Bugle, and/or the Osborns will be excluded forever. I will be extremely surprised if 2 of those 3 (if not all 3) do not make some kind of an appearance in the sequel.

What I am wondering is with so much to take care of including Peter's relationship with Connors, the Lizard's origin, George and Gwen's involvement, and the element of Peter's mysterious parents, how are they going to shoehorn Uncle Ben's death and the factors surrounding it into this one movie?

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Not that that proves they won't get there eventually. The Stacies, Peter's parents and the Lizard are the focus to differentiate the reboot from the previous franchise but that doesn't mean elements from the previous franchise like MJ, Jonah and the Daily Bugle, and/or the Osborns will be excluded forever. I will be extremely surprised if 2 of those 3 (if not all 3) do not make some kind of an appearance in the sequel.

What I am wondering is with so much to take care of including Peter's relationship with Connors, the Lizard's origin, George and Gwen's involvement, and the element of Peter's mysterious parents, how are they going to shoehorn Uncle Ben's death and the factors surrounding it into this one movie?
    I can see the first movie ending with a tease of Norman. So we'll see Green Goblin in a sequel. And we all know what Green Goblin + Gwen Stacy equals. (Yes, Sins Past in movie form! )

But I'm seeing a lot less emphasis on Jonah and Mary Jane and Harry.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I can see the first movie ending with a tease of Norman. So we'll see Green Goblin in a sequel. And we all know what Green Goblin + Gwen Stacy equals. (Yes, Sins Past in movie form! )

But I'm seeing a lot less emphasis on Jonah and Mary Jane and Harry.
    The Peter/Norman conflict loses a lot of its edge and dynamism without Harry's presence. As for MJ and JJJ, they are probably the two greatest supporting characters in all of comics, I don't see Sony avoid trying to cash in on their popularity soon. Especially MJ, as her intro buildup and the Face it, Tiger! line hasn't even been done properly on the silver screen/live action format yet, even though it has immense potential to be one of the most iconic cinematic character intros of all time, if done perfectly!

Looking more and more similar to USM, where Jonah isn't that big of a deal and Peter Parker is alot cooler. Thats the good news, because I think the USM version of Spidey and his world has alot to recommend it. The special effects also look very nice and I like that we are getting mechanical webshooters and science.

Now for the bad news. That scene with the kid in the car made me cringe a little, it was very schmaltzy. Based on the trailers I have seen, the movie seems to have a kind of confused identity. Is it an action film, a drama, a comic book film or a horror movie? My movie sense is saying that at least the marketers don't know what it is.

Kind of indifferent to GwenJ's presence and the Captain Stacy character. But part of me really is hoping Captain Stacy will be on Spidey's side.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-15-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.