Page 3 of 234 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
    I was a little worried myself figuring that (500) Days of Summer was some teen romantic comedy, which it was, but not having seen it I was unaware how good it apparently is (8.1 on IMDB). Makes me wonder if this could lead to Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking on the role of Pete/Spidey. He is a very good young actor who was excellent in The Lookout and Brick which I saw, please ignore him as Cobra Commander as that whole movie was just terrible.
    Please no to 30 year old's playing teens.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Loved the "appeal to every demographic" comment. Thats exactly what I'm worried about here. No, I want them to appeal to JUST the fans that post regularly on this Spidey message board right here! Everyone else will come around.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Someone should probably change the thread title, because his name is Marc Webb.

And (500) Days of Summer was awesome, so combined with teen Spidey and a hopefully better cast, I have high hopes for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    Unfortunately the same can be said for Tim Story.. look how that played out for the FF :(

I've not seen the movie(500 days), I will. hope it works out. Although I adore Raimi I can understand starting all fresh from the ground up.
    didnt he directed taxi before FF ? i think that was a real CLEAR indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    Please no to 30 year old's playing teens.
    I agree that Gordon-Levitt, despite being talented is a bit too old to play a teenage Peter Parker. OTOH I don't think you want to go too young either and run the risk of the actor outgrowing the role in some way or being too young and awkward at first. It's why actors in their early to mid 20's always play teens in movies/tv.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    Unfortunately the same can be said for Tim Story.. look how that played out for the FF :(

I've not seen the movie(500 days), I will. hope it works out. Although I adore Raimi I can understand starting all fresh from the ground up.
    As a counter, who would have thought Favreau could do Iron Man? Based on what, Made? Elf? Zathura? Kinda outside the box there, and it paid off big time.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Every thing I'm reading about this movie is awful, just awful...

"- The new film will have an 80 million dollar budget, essentially guaranteeing it will be light on action and superheroics.

- The story will come from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, so expect lots of Yiddish. Well, maybe not, but expect lots of teen soap nonsense that Peter Parker outgrew within two years of the classic Amazing Spider-Man comics (he graduated high school in #28. Peter Parker juggling college, a job, Aunt May, his love life and Spider-Man is infinitely more interesting than Peter pretending to be a nerd and getting swirlies from Flash Thompson). As the Hollywood Reporter put it: 'villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst [in USM].

- The cast will be all unknowns, so enough with the Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was never going to happen.

- The story will focus 'on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.' So expect not just mopey emo nonsense, but a retelling of the origin story.

Not mentioned in the story: Gwen Stacey and Mary Jane are both in the film at this point. Flash Thompson also plays a major role, in a love quadrangle sort of way."

Source link here...
    http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...MAN/Page1.html
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post

"- The new film will have an 80 million dollar budget, essentially guaranteeing it will be light on action and superheroics.

- The story will come from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, so expect lots of Yiddish. Well, maybe not, but expect lots of teen soap nonsense that Peter Parker outgrew within two years of the classic Amazing Spider-Man comics (he graduated high school in #28. Peter Parker juggling college, a job, Aunt May, his love life and Spider-Man is infinitely more interesting than Peter pretending to be a nerd and getting swirlies from Flash Thompson). As the Hollywood Reporter put it: 'villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst [in USM].

- The cast will be all unknowns, so enough with the Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was never going to happen.

- The story will focus 'on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.' So expect not just mopey emo nonsense, but a retelling of the origin story.

Not mentioned in the story: Gwen Stacey and Mary Jane are both in the film at this point. Flash Thompson also plays a major role, in a love quadrangle sort of way."

Source link here...
    I good action movie can be made for 80 mil considering the cast and director aren't taking in a whole lot of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel420 View Post
    I good action movie can be made for 80 mil considering the cast and director aren't taking in a whole lot of the cost.
    210 million dollars was the budget for Spider-Man 2. That set the bar for Spider-Man movies.... with almost a 3rd of that for the new movie....well it does not bode well.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

BANNED

Hey, weird thought, but who would be up for Emma Stone as MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post

Source link here...
    While I think the hard core fans are going to spend quite a bit of time poo-pooing this, I believe it's a good approach. Peter Parker/Spider-Man's world seems perfectly suited to this style of story-telling.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Hey, weird thought, but who would be up for Emma Stone as MJ?

Lindsey Lohan done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel420 View Post
    Lindsey Lohan done right.
    So far.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

BANNED

Reminds me of mean girls Lindsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The "I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC" guy addresses this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsJustS.../0/lg6v1dgTcxw
    Aw, poor Gobby.

Defoe will be quite an act to beat.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.