Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Top Shelf Productions Announces Investment Deal

Top Shelf has signed a new capital investment deal with new media entrepreneur John S. Johnson, and independent film producer Anthony Bregman giving it's new partners a first look at developmental projects.

Full article here.

Default Tainted Money

This seems kind of dirty. Why can't comics companies just remain COMICS companies. It's sad to see a publisher with integrity walk down the path where graphic novels just serve as possible movie scripts.

Comics can be good enough on their own. They don't need to be a vehicles to another medium. Top Shelf used to know that, lets hope they don't forget.

BANNED

snakey :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Onymous View Post
    This seems kind of dirty. Why can't comics companies just remain COMICS companies. It's sad to see a publisher with integrity walk down the path where graphic novels just serve as possible movie scripts.

Comics can be good enough on their own. They don't need to be a vehicles to another medium. Top Shelf used to know that, lets hope they don't forget.
    What?! What is this non-sense? Top Shelf remains unchanged, it's still the same people in place aimed at providing the same product...but now at least they have a financial backer. I don't see what's dirty in it... except of you consider common sense decision business being dirty. Of course, I agree that it'd be nice if comic publisher could make it by their own, and surviving even through hard economic period... but heck, that isn't how things work in nowadays reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Onymous View Post

Shakespeare has been adapted to film too.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I like the definitive statement that 'Too Cool To Be Forgotten' is considered to Alex Robinson's best work.

By some, even by many, I'm sure, but it's not a consensus.
    ADVERTISE HERE!